« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 12:09:31 AM »

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • Xbox Live: doombirdzero (360)
Re: COD: Black Ops 3
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »
Anyone playing the Early Beta Access for this today? is it hootin rootin tootin fun!
Praise the Sun!

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »

So while every other shooter is trying to get as real as possible COD puts unlimited sprint and no penalty for jumping or vaulting things. Wow the core fan must be so happy!

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 09:06:58 AM »

So while every other shooter is trying to get as real as possible COD puts unlimited sprint and no penalty for jumping or vaulting things. Wow the core fan must be so happy!

Now they just need to add Batman & spider man skins  :P I've always pre-ordered the cod series though this year I've held back. Still on the fence.
Praise the Sun!

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »

Now they just need to add Batman & spider man skins  :P I've always pre-ordered the cod series though this year I've held back. Still on the fence.

Same except I stopped after MW3. We had some of the best clan nights on MW2 and Blops but the series is just so stale now.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »
I have 1 spare Black Ops 3 Beta code to give away. Anyone who is really keen on this has priority

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 12:37:20 PM »
I have 1 spare Black Ops 3 Beta code to give away. Anyone who is really keen on this has priority

Oh wow really? If no one has yet nabbed it Iíll take it? What is it about a 15Gb Download?
Praise the Sun!

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
Yeah my PS4 says 12.57GB

I think you're probably the most keen so yeah you can have it.

PM SENT

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
I'm waiting for some more reviews. I'd really like it to go well but am not hopeful yet  :(

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
Yeah my PS4 says 12.57GB

I think you're probably the most keen so yeah you can have it.

PM SENT

Hey Cheers thanks got it. Will download it tonight before I go to bed.  :up:

I'm waiting for some more reviews. I'd really like it to go well but am not hopeful yet  :(

Playing the beta should hopefully give me a better indication which side of the fence I'll fall. 
Praise the Sun!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
Haven't enjoyed a COD since MW3, would be keen to hear your thoughts on the beta (for those playing) but I'm very skeptical of the series nowadays.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 04:40:37 PM »
First and foremost, it's still Call of Duty. Running around getting killed 5 times in a row.

Is it Advanced Warfare made by Treyarch? NO. You had people running and boosting over obstacles but nowhere near as bad as AW where you have a bunch of flies in the air pissing on you the whole match.

I say it's somewhere between Black Ops 2 and AW. I think I'll find myself sticking around with this one.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 07:51:17 PM »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »
I hate to say it... but I'm actually really enjoying the beta so far.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 12:15:34 AM »
I would like to try the beta if anyone else gets spare codes.

In terms of interest level, I would rate myself a play 2-4 days level of priority. If others have more interest then they should get priority for spare codes.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »
Quick video of one of my games, I was 3/5 at one point, finished with 16/8.. happy enough with that  :up:

Offline Dragons_Downfall

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Dragons_Downfall
  • Xbox Live: MaximusR33
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 01:27:05 AM »
Wow you are lethal with that bow.
Looks alot more playable than Advanced Warfare I must say. Glad I managed to nab a code out of the WP thread by chance

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 08:18:17 AM »
Wow you are lethal with that bow.
Looks alot more playable than Advanced Warfare I must say. Glad I managed to nab a code out of the WP thread by chance

The bow is good fun, but very much a risk / reward, it doesn't fire too fast so you have to make sure you hit first time. I'll have to try out the different class abilities but so far I'm liking the bow.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 08:25:13 AM »
Quick video of one of my games, I was 3/5 at one point, finished with 16/8.. happy enough with that  :up:

Wow Akyra your a killing machine bunkered in that room.

I tried at 8:30pm I couldn't connect to server from main tittle screen, nearly 2 hrs later gave up. Tested it again before I went to work this morning and managed to get in instantly, didn't have time for a game though.

Seems like you can choose different characters each with a choice of 2 abilities to select, which would work well with an organised team. Doesn't seem to have free for all in the beta, thatís where I usually roll.
Praise the Sun!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »
Wow Akyra your a killing machine bunkered in that room.

I tried at 8:30pm I couldn't connect to server from main tittle screen, nearly 2 hrs later gave up. Tested it again before I went to work this morning and managed to get in instantly, didn't have time for a game though.

Seems like you can choose different characters each with a choice of 2 abilities to select, which would work well with an organised team. Doesn't seem to have free for all in the beta, thatís where I usually roll.

Yeah the 2 rooms across from each other are the centre point of that map, lots of traffic through there, don't like to outright camp, but it's hard to pass up a good choke point  :up:

Yep, there's a number of different classes, each with 2 abilities to pick, seemed to be 1 attacking and 1 defensive ability, for instant the Sparrow class I chose has that bow as the attacking and if I pick it's defensive it's got an ability that reveals all nearby enemies on the mini map for a period of time. You can only have 1 ability active at a time.

Didn't see as much ridiculous jumping everywhere like AW, you can still do the power jump and wall run etc. but doing so does reveal your position on the mini map, so I only used it sparingly. Keen to jump in again tonight for another run at it.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:57 AM »
You did pretty well there Akyra. I don't think the whole confined space twitch shooter thing is for me but looks like fun in short spurts.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »
You did pretty well there Akyra. I don't think the whole confined space twitch shooter thing is for me but looks like fun in short spurts.

Most of the maps are pretty small compared to others in past games, could just be the rotation I played (plus I was only playing TDM), maybe other modes have bigger maps.

I'm generally a decent, but not spectacular FPS gamer, in saying that my KDR in MW3 was around 2.50, generally I'm happy to be above even.

The 1 thing that will probably prevent me buying the game is it comes out 4 days before Fallout 4..

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »
That gameplay does remind me of mw a bit. I played MW, MW2 and MW3 for a lot of hours. Never enjoyed any of the BO, and once I played BF4, find it hard to go back to COD.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:59:51 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:04 PM »
I've been looking around for a spare beta code too. Some sites are giving them away but only seem to be USA only :(

If anyone has a spare may I have? Unless there is someone that desperately wants in then feel free to prioritise them over me. As I am on the fence with Blops3, halo5 is out so close to this and I may play that FPS more.
🐵💤