• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Wii U won out
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »
So, we had a bunch of kids (eight) at our place on Saturday night (wife's 40th), and they had at their disposal an XBox 360, PS4 and Wii U play on, and the winner was the Wii U.

I have to say, this kind of scenario is where the Nintendo really stands out.  Drop in gaming, casual, large group.  Especially after one of my mates went home and grabbed another four WiiMotes.  We ended  up with eight kids all playing Super Smash Bro's at the same time.  No arguments over who's turn it was.  Lot of colour and action on the screen.  Reasonably easy game play (although my mate and I got killed by the kids later on in the night when we joined in).

It has made me think, while we get better graphics, more "immersive" game play, more realism etc.  Nintendo have managed to keep it "fun".

Anyway, just my observations.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
Re: Wii U won out
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:20 AM »
Mario Kart 8.. that is all!  ;D

The Wii U is great for groups or a fun muck around, but in all honesty my Wii sat unused for years (thinks it's in a drawer somewhere collecting dust as it's not worth trading / selling) and my Wii U hasn't been touched since January.. though I do need to download the new Mario Kart DLC and give it a go.

Definitely great for a bit of fun in groups but I'll take the PS4 of it every other day.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: Wii U won out
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
Yup, at home gaming on my own in the evening: PS4

Group of people actually in the house: Wii/Wii U

Plus, my son is a Nintendo Nut so the Wii U gets a decent workout.