Warframe

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
Re: Warframe
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
Just saw a post on reddit claiming the US are getting a freebie with January's PS Plus stuff:

Lastly, for fans of Warframe, you can grab the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle to help get you started on your adventure in the Origin System. The pack includes 100 Platinum and 50,000 Credits, Akmagnus Dual Pistols and Akmagnus Obsidian Skin, a 3-Day Affinity Booster, a 3-Day Credit Booster, and a Dragon Mod Pack! This offer is available to all PlayStation Plus members until February 13, 2018.

Can't find anything about it in other regions, but definitely something to keep an eye out for on the store.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
They've synced up Baro on PC and PS4. We did get a couple of things from 3 visits ago but it's not clear if we'll get Primed Point Strike (which I've been waiting for).

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2017, 09:55:59 AM »
Yeah I'm a bit annoyed they've just skipped a lot of stuff.. there's some great mods this week that I've been waiting on though so that's alright

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »
The electric ones? For some reason I assumed you had them. I think I bought them in Trade channel a while ago
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:18:42 AM by Auldar »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Didn't have Jolt, Voltaic Strike or High Voltage. Had shell shock.

Also brought pedestal prime haha :troll:

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
After a few weeks of grinding and buying what I couldn't grind, I've finally achieved a goal.

Got a Banshee Prime all set up for stealth Focus farming!

Its probably less effective than Equinox (just finishing building the Day aspect. Took about 40 runs to get the Chassis ><) but from what I've seen it's a LOT less mucking around.

Activate Silence (Savage), and spin to win! Refresh every 40 seconds or so.

I didn't do very well but still managed 50k focus in my first Adaro run!

I'm using an Atterax with Maiming Strike etc

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2018, 06:10:42 PM »
Nice! I'm not great with stealth focus farming so I just use banshee on hydron and 15-20 waves usually nets me 50-60k focus.. though that's probably much slower than adaro

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
A bad run is 30k. A good run (so far) is still about 50k in about 5-10 mins.

It's a bit random as to where the crystal spawns (and often makes you get seen getting to it).

Maxed out my focus for the first time in about an hour or so though.

I'm sure Equinox will be better but without macros (like PCs can use) it looks a bit more effort to sleep the rooms.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »
Seems adaro is slightly faster then. Focus is still such a pain, I can't wait until the next patch hits console as we will get the 30% reduction in focus costs.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »
One advantage to this method is the Naramon focus school gives up to 45% extra affinity for kills with a melee weapon.

So far I'm only up to 20% but that will make it much faster.

When we get the next focus reset, I'm going to get that maxed as well as some points in Power Spike.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »
One advantage to this method is the Naramon focus school gives up to 45% extra affinity for kills with a melee weapon.

So far I'm only up to 20% but that will make it much faster.

When we get the next focus reset, I'm going to get that maxed as well as some points in Power Spike.

I've got all of zenurik unlocked and 3 of the nodes maxed. Just started on naramon, mostly as I've taken a liking to valkyr and a maiming strike melee build

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2018, 11:47:37 PM »
I've never actually used Valkyr. Don't have the Prime version but probably should give it a go as I now have a very strong melee build (including max Prime Pressure Point and Maiming).

Is her range good at all? What level mobs does she start to struggle with?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2018, 08:30:49 AM »
Is her range good at all? What level mobs does she start to struggle with?

I have both Valkyr and Valkyr Prime, obviously use prime as she has more armour and energy. I run an 'eternal war' build on her, which focuses on her second ability warcry, which the augment mod 'eternal war'. At base Warcry boosts your and nearby allies melee speed whilst slowing nearby enemies, the augment extends warcry with each melee kill.

She has no abilities to damage enemies at range, so it's all about the melee. But if you get into a pinch, her 4th ability histeria, makes you completely invulnerable and restores health with each melee hit.

I have her built with a heap of armour and speed basically, my stats come out like this:

860.00 HEALTH
210.00 SHIELD CAPACITY
25.50/sec SHIELD RECHARGE
225.00 POWER
1715.00 ARMOR
1.60 SPRINT SPEED 

Armour is the big one there, and there is still room for improvement as I dont have steel fibre maxed out (only rank 9) or primed continuity (only rank 6) so theres another 10% armour and 20% duration. Plus I dont have Primed Vigor (obviously), as I need about 270 more days logged in :troll:

The other thing is that I actually have a full set of Arcane Guardian, which gives me a 20% chance on being hit to give me a 60% boost to my armour for 20sec, and which the amount you get hit in this game, the arcane is proc'ing all the time. So basically when the arcane procs, I have 2135 armour.

I havent really pushed the build into the high sorties, as I tend to use specific frames for specific jobs... or to be honest.. Octavia for most and Loki for spy sorties.. but I can run up to T4 which this set up and barely lose any health.

Then the rest of it comes down to a good melee weapon build. I'm using a maiming strike build, but I just cant stand the Atterax as it's useless if you arent sliding, so I'm using my Zaw, named hokey pokey, and it does the job nicely. Just need Primed Pressure Point to be delivered by Baro and it'll be even better.

As you can see... Ive put a lot of thought / work into her. :up:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:47:00 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »
Haha nice. I'll have to digest all that! :)

Did you buy the Arcane? Isn't that like 2k plat?

At rank 6 I would have thought Primed Continuity is barely better than Continuity? I've got mine at R8 and still feel I need to max it.

Need so much more Endo. Want to max Primed Reach and Continuity. Probably flow too but I tend not to use it still.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »
Did you buy the Arcane? Isn't that like 2k plat?

Yep brought em as I used some PS store card I was gifted at xmas to purchase some platinum in the recent plat sale. Got a full set (10) for 500p. Guy wanted 800p for em but I said no thanks and he dropped em as he said he'd been trying to sell for 6 months and no one was interested.

At rank 6 I would have thought Primed Continuity is barely better than Continuity? I've got mine at R8 and still feel I need to max it.

Yep, thats pretty much why I have it at rank 6, still better than normal continuity, but if I push it higher it means I wont be able to use it on several frames and would need to spend a day or 2 forma'ing a lot of my favourites to make it fit again... which I will do at some point haha

Need so much more Endo. Want to max Primed Reach and Continuity. Probably flow too but I tend not to use it still.

I have Primed Flow maxed, its fantastic on caster type frames, 800 odd energy on banshee or ember is great haha. I couldnt bother waiting and brought a Primed Reach and have it at rank 8 at the moment. I have about 30k endo and could max it (and at least rank up primed continuity another few ranks) but Im holding the endo for now incase we still get primed pressure point from baro.. though I'm likely to get impatient and just trade for it at some point.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
Tell me about how you build/use Octavia to do Sorties?

Just about to level her up.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
Tell me about how you build/use Octavia to do Sorties?

Just about to level her up.

Build is fairly standard:

Aura = Corrosive Projection (though energy siphon is good too)
Mods = Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Overextended, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Streamline, Stretch (not currently using an exilus mod, need to forma her and then use Power Drift).

Play Style (for Sorties) = Activate Metronome (ability 3) and crouch in time with the music to go invisible. Throw out Mallet (ability 1) and Resonator (ability 2) and watch the rolling music ball of death kill everything while you stay invisible and safe. If you're doing alright for energy use, throw in ability 4, Amp, as it extends the range of the mallet.

Just keep an eye on the timers and continuously refresh abilities, especially metronome / nocturne (invisibility) otherwise you'll get 1 shot by just about anything from sortie 2 onward.

I solo everything but spy or assassination sorties doing this. Spy I just use Loki Prime obviously, and assassination depends on the boss.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:39:35 PM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
Sounds good I'll give it a go when shes 30!

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #269 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
I've been playing in the North America region recently and get a lot more full groups. There's usually a bit of latency but better than playing solo for the harder content (like Sorties).

I've been smashing Akkad to level up a bunch of weapons and frames that have been sitting there at 0. Nearly hit MR18!

I use my Atterax to kill most mobs, which helps level the frames fast, and anything the others kill helps my frame and primary to level up. The primary and frame tend to hit 30 around the same time. Getting loads of Relics and credits at the same time.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #270 on: January 05, 2018, 02:16:15 PM »
i didnt even know you could change regions. Though I'm generally not having trouble finding people to run sorties or relics with in the early evening, just later on it gets a bit thin. Nice job on the MR, I haven't put any effort into mine for a while.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #271 on: January 05, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »
It also changes your chat channel. SO many more people trading. Overwhelming actually. Try it

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2018, 12:01:07 AM »
Tried out the banshee savage silence focus farm tonight and yep, muuuuch easier. Farmed the cap in about 4 runs of adaro :up:

Clan is ready for ascension too, so we will kick that off in a few more days  ;)

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »
Finished building Equinox and can't seem to get the hang of sleeping everyone yet. Savage Silence is more forgiving.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2018, 08:54:26 AM »
Finished building Equinox and can't seem to get the hang of sleeping everyone yet. Savage Silence is more forgiving.

Yeah I'll be using the savage silence for sure, without a macro it's too fiddly to use equinox sleep farm. Best run I managed with banshee was about 87k.. :up:

Switched over the NA region too and I see what you mean about trade chat.. Completely bonkers, could barely keep up with it
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:59:14 AM by AkyraStrike »