• GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:09 AM »
Ff7 was my first rpg and at first i didnt like the turn based battle system. But i really like it.
side note; if you like turn based; check out Valkyria Chronicles on ps3.

I was extremely close to buying Valkyria Chronicles during the last steam sale, but decided against it.

Will definitely check it out one day though, as I've only heard good things about it.

A game everyone should try. Seems odd at the start but has a great story and really enjoyable gameplay!

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
VC is a game I have been hanging out for a vita version but I doubt it will come. There have been VC 2, 3 and more I think that have been released but I think only on PSP.

Its a game I want to play on portable and not sitting infront of a desk. I hope at least they release on PS4 so I can remote play.

I loved the anime btw, you guys should check it out if you haven't seen it yet. I think there are 2 seasons.
🐵💤

Offline The J man

• Clan Member
  • PSN: baltoski
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
A game everyone should try. Seems odd at the start but has a great story and really enjoyable gameplay!

Seems that it's only positive feedback when it comes to VC. You've sold me on it, will definitely grab it next time it's cheap on Steam.

I loved the anime btw, you guys should check it out if you haven't seen it yet. I think there are 2 seasons.

If I get the chance, will do mate. Thanks for the tip, wasn't aware there was an anime.

Is the anime based on the game, or the game based on the anime?

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
Not sure tbh. Id say originally anime.
🐵💤

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
  • PSN: Batmarn1989
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
Giving the original another go with its release on ps4, looking forward to the new one in two or so years lol.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
Giving the original another go with its release on ps4, looking forward to the new one in two or so years lol.

I'm hoping for a japanese voice track as I am not liking Barret's voice atm lol. His hand gun as well looks so thin D: I guess it fits since the original his arm is cartoony and beefy, this is a little more realistic, just doesn't seem as badass.
🐵💤

Online M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »
I have to admit I died a little inside when I heard it's going to be episodic... but hey.. it's still one of my favourite FF games ever so I'm so very keen for this.

Online M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:09 AM »
Yer no turn based fighting put me off. Its still the only game I've played through more than twice so ill still buy it.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 11:09:51 AM »
Yer no turn based fighting put me off. Its still the only game I've played through more than twice so ill still buy it.

The combat system in FF7 was one of the aspects that made the game so good.

If the remake had the same system then it would be a blind buy for me. Changing to a hack and slash action oriented mechanic means I will only consider a buy if it turns out to be amazing - which seems unlikely given the recent history of squeenix.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
The combat system in FF7 was one of the aspects that made the game so good.

For me, the system was just the style at the time and I can accept it needed to be (slightly) updated, but would definitely prefer it had not been completely changed to live action hack and slash, what really made the system work was the awesome Materia system.

Not going to lie, I won't hesitate to buy this, and look out if theres a CE or LE version, but I know it will be a let down in so many ways at the same time.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »
I consider the materia system to be part of the combat system overall.

Hopefully at least they keep that part.

Edit: Hack and slash is also a very dated mechanic now, so they need to do a great job to make the change worthwhile.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:23:03 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
Edit: Hack and slash is also a very dated mechanic now, so they need to do a great job to make the change worthwhile.

I'm assuming that they're going to be using the same system / similar to what has been shown in Final Fantasy XV. From my memory of playing the demo it was functional but a bit clunky and hard to target the enemy you wanted 100% of the time, especially with fast moving enemies.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
I've never played ff7 but did enjoy quite a few others before getting tired with the series. I did pick up the original port when it was released on ps3 (and Vita I think) but couldn't get passed the old school gfx.
I'm interested in this remake.

Also another +1 for VC (ps3 version, I haven't tried the follow ups on other platforms). Some serious fond memories of that game.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2016, 12:18:50 PM »
"FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE'S "EPISODES" ARE THE SIZE OF FULL GAMES"

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/04/06/final-fantasy-7-remakes-episodes-are-the-size-of-full-games

Final Fantasy VII Remake's episodes will each be the size of a full-scale game, on par with installments of the Final Fantasy XIII sub-series.

There had previously been some confusion over the announcement that the game will be a multi-part series, with some asking whether it would take the form of something like Telltale's 2-3 hour episodes.

However, in the latest issue of Game Informer, producer Yoshinori Kitase clarifies, saying: "It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series [.] if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

Not sure how to take this really.. I guess the game came on a number of discs originally and each disc felt like it had a bit of a conclusion to a chapter on it.. it all comes down to how closely they stick to the original story I guess. But then again....

Previously the game's director, Tetsuya Nomura, had stated that the game would feature "dramatic changes" from the original, and Kitase continued that message:

"I, along with [Tetsuya] Nomura-san and [Kazushige] Nojima-san--who are involved with the remake--were also involved with the original Final Fantasy. We were the people who created it, so in that sense, we don't think anything is untouchable. That isn't to say we're changing everything!"

Dont know what to think anymore...

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
"FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE'S "EPISODES" ARE THE SIZE OF FULL GAMES"

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/04/06/final-fantasy-7-remakes-episodes-are-the-size-of-full-games

Final Fantasy VII Remake's episodes will each be the size of a full-scale game, on par with installments of the Final Fantasy XIII sub-series.

There had previously been some confusion over the announcement that the game will be a multi-part series, with some asking whether it would take the form of something like Telltale's 2-3 hour episodes.

However, in the latest issue of Game Informer, producer Yoshinori Kitase clarifies, saying: "It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series [.] if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

Not sure how to take this really.. I guess the game came on a number of discs originally and each disc felt like it had a bit of a conclusion to a chapter on it.. it all comes down to how closely they stick to the original story I guess. But then again....

Previously the game's director, Tetsuya Nomura, had stated that the game would feature "dramatic changes" from the original, and Kitase continued that message:

"I, along with [Tetsuya] Nomura-san and [Kazushige] Nojima-san--who are involved with the remake--were also involved with the original Final Fantasy. We were the people who created it, so in that sense, we don't think anything is untouchable. That isn't to say we're changing everything!"

Dont know what to think anymore...

In other words ' FU it's our game and we will do what ever the F&^K we want '.

No problem deadbeat you enjoy the rave reviews  :)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

Please don't let this be shite!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 12:42:24 PM »

I had little interest in this remake - until today. Much better than expected.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2019, 01:01:57 PM »
Spaz is hoping this one lives up to the original and so far it's looking good!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2019, 01:29:17 PM »
Release Date: Part 1 - 3rd March 2020

Don't know if there will be 2 or 3 parts (there is mixed reporting), and don't know when next part will be released.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »