Final Fantasy XV

Offline The J man

• Clan Member
  • PSN: baltoski
Final Fantasy XV
« on: August 03, 2015, 08:16:56 PM »
Anyone else planning to get this game?

After trying the demo, I'm sold.

Although the demo gives a limited view of what's to be expected in the full game, there seems to be a lot of positives to take from it.

I like the battle system they've implemented, it's third person real-time action rpg.

The change to the exp system was unexpected and breaks away from the traditional mould, whereby your character's exp is amassed after each fight. In the demo, you accrue exp, but it's not awarded to your characters until you camp.

There's some other changes which I found positive (the way where you don't die if losing all HP, you lose a portion of your max hp until you camp amongst other changes). Hopefully the game lives upto expectations.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:04:04 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline kirky

• PSN: re_kirky
Re: Final Fantasy XV
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:49:32 PM »
Hadn't heard of it until 5 minutes ago.
The gameplay footage looks incredible and the combat looks like so fluid and flowing.
Definitely on my list now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:35 AM »
I havent enjoyed a FF for a few of the recent titles. I actually missed type 0 but look forward to this one. But im more interested in the ff7 remake.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »

Offline allwasteandvoid

• PSN: allwasteandvoid
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Really looking forward to this, have been for a while. The combat certainly looks fun, so do you only control the main guy and the other party members are controlled by the AI? Graphics look really nice. 

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 10:49:30 PM »
Really looking forward to this, have been for a while. The combat certainly looks fun, so do you only control the main guy and the other party members are controlled by the AI? Graphics look really nice.
Yeah you only control the main dude. The rest do their own thing, as well as heal you etc.

Offline allwasteandvoid

• PSN: allwasteandvoid
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
Yeah you only control the main dude. The rest do their own thing, as well as heal you etc.

Cool, thanks.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »
I'll be watching this one!

Offline The J man

• Clan Member
  • PSN: baltoski
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

I wonder if in the full game, it'll get more in depth (able to issue commands etc) and whether or not you'll have the ability to change between characters on the battlefield?

Finished the demo, really like what I saw. Hopefully the game is at the same high level of production as the demo was.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »
Does this have a release date yet

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
  • PSN: Batmarn1989
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 10:44:58 AM »
Does this have a release date yet

The release date for the the reveal of the release day is March 2016

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
When did they release that info? Lol

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »
When did they release that info? Lol

Last night I think at PAX.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 11:29:37 AM »
Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata confirmed a 2016 release window for the game.

“Sorry I wasn’t very straightforward in making those comments at the previous event,” Tabata said. “I want to take this opportunity at PAX Prime to announce that we will officially release Final Fantasy XV in 2016.”

Square Enix will hold a major event in March 2016 where it will announce the official release date of Final Fantasy XV. The reason for the March timing, according to Tabata, is that Square Enix has many collaborative efforts that they need to make sure are in place, as well as to ensure the game is at the level of quality they want it to be.
http://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fantasy-xv-pax-2015-2016-release-march-event-progress-report-concept-art-driving-gameplay

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 03:51:03 PM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
New demo out now for this:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/platinum-demo-%e2%80%94-final-fantasy-xv/cid=EP0082-CUSA04514_00-0000000000000001

Game launch confirmed as 30 September 2016

Tried this platinum demo. Wish I didnt. 15-20minutes to run through, but I assume more "platinum" things were unlocked near the end - which could be looked at on a second run through.

"Would you like to order Final Fantasy XV?" It prompts at the end - no...... no I don't

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »
Demo reminded me more of a kingdom hearts game then final fantasy. The demo wasn't great, the first demo they released was much better.

I will definitely be getting this game, but can't see this demo convincing anyone on the fence about it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:45:36 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:19 AM »
For anyone that is going to be getting this game I would recommend playing the Platinum Demo as doing so will unlock the Carbuncle summon in the full game, apparently you won't be able to get him unless you play the demo.

Another thing I've read is apparently this "demo" isn't actually a part of the game at all, unlike the Episode Duscae demo which was a slice of the game put into demo form, this "demo" was a stand alone tech demo made by Squeenix to show off the visuals and style, the demo story itself is actually part of a prequel to Noctis' story.

There is also a 5 episode anime called Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV (http://myanimelist.net/anime/33080/Brotherhood__Final_Fantasy_XV) that helps explain the events leading up the Final Fantasy XV.

Episode 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE

There is also going to be a CG movie with actors such as Aaron Paul, Lena Headey and Sean Bean lending their voices (does whoever Sean Bean voice die??? :troll: ):

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/03/final-fantasy-movie-coming-this-year-with-game-of-thrones-breaking-bad-actors/

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
The square enix presentation was awesome! Happy that we are getting all this extended content before the game is even launched, something we had to wait years for with the other titles. Also waiting to hear if I can pre-order a ultimate collectors edition from eb as they only got 80 and had to enter a raffle.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 10:28:06 AM »
mmmm I was going to skip the demo as I'm getting it anyway. After reading what you guys have said I will download it now and see if it's a stinker!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Also waiting to hear if I can pre-order a ultimate collectors edition from eb as they only got 80 and had to enter a raffle.

At least at those limited numbers (I believe on 30,000 units worldwide) it truly is a collectors edition. I'm tossing up between just going digital (currently $99 on PS Store) or getting the Deluxe Edition which comes with the Kingsglaive blueray and some bonus DLC for $140... ughhh.. the decisions.

mmmm I was going to skip the demo as I'm getting it anyway. After reading what you guys have said I will download it now and see if it's a stinker!

Play it Spaz, if anything just because it'll unlock Carbuncle in the full game if you get it, but like I said, this is a stand alone (almost tech demo) demo. It feels quite different to the Episode Duscae demo released last year, either way this is the first time I've been on the hype train for a FF game in a long time, hopefully it isn't a stinker like XIII.

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »
Also waiting to hear if I can pre-order a ultimate collectors edition from eb as they only got 80 and had to enter a raffle.

At least at those limited numbers (I believe on 30,000 units worldwide) it truly is a collectors edition. I'm tossing up between just going digital (currently $99 on PS Store) or getting the Deluxe Edition which comes with the Kingsglaive blueray and some bonus DLC for $140... ughhh.. the decisions.

The deluxe wont be exclusive to eb, it will be cheaper elsewhere

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 10:35:35 AM »

The deluxe wont be exclusive to eb, it will be cheaper elsewhere

Try telling that to EB:

https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-215184-Final-Fantasy-XV-Deluxe-Edition-PlayStation-4

They've got their little pic on it

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »
That's bullshit! Its worth checking out Eb Games facebook page posts about this raffle for the ultimate collectors editions, going to be a lot of angry people.  :party: