Offline captainraincoat

• Clan Member
  • Origin: captainraincoat
  • PSN: captainraincot
  • Steam: captainraincoat
  • XBLive: SEMPERFID
Farming??
« on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
Just wondering what everyones routene is in terms of getting better gear outside of raids
Currently sitting at 274 and doing a hero each night with a few 36 strikes thrown in

But im hearing conflicting methods on the best way to reach that 290 number

Hearing the court of orix is a quick nasty way but i have no fireteams to do it?? Anyone else do nothing but farming and want a tag along??

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
Re: Farming??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
41 vanguard strike playlist. Also If you stay in the same playlist consecutively you get a buff that increases your chances of better drops/rewards

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
Yeah I'm mostly farming the 41 strikes. And the daily stuff. Currently sitting at 280. But keen for a run whenever. Want to get a bit higher before I tackle the raid

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
41 vanguard strike playlist. Also If you stay in the same playlist consecutively you get a buff that increases your chances of better drops/rewards

Just a heads up, once you've done the weekly heroic 3 times after reset, the rewards don't change compared to the level 36 playlist. You're really only making it harder for yourself for no reason.

I found this out last night when I wanted to farm strikes myself :)

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »

Just a heads up, once you've done the weekly heroic 3 times after reset, the rewards don't change compared to the level 36 playlist. You're really only making it harder for yourself for no reason.

I didn't know that, cheers for the heads up. I stopped doing the vanguard strikes after completing the quest. So I did the 5 normal (36), 5 hard (41) and the nightfall. After that I only run the weekly and nightfall strikes. Which reminds me, completing quests is also a good way to level up. One quest rewards a 300 special weapon (recommend choosing 1000 yard stare Sniper). Another quest rewards a 300 class specific artefact.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:28:19 PM by euphoricx »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »

Pretty much this. Was fun running easy strikes, did the dust palace and took down the 3 Psions with my sword in about 30sec  :up:

Also re Court of Oryx, I go into that area whenever I'm on the dreadnaught and if I see fireteams doing it just join in, you still get a decent amount of blue engrams.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 01:24:40 PM »
Just wondering what everyones routene is in terms of getting better gear outside of raids
Currently sitting at 274 and doing a hero each night with a few 36 strikes thrown in

But im hearing conflicting methods on the best way to reach that 290 number

Hearing the court of orix is a quick nasty way but i have no fireteams to do it?? Anyone else do nothing but farming and want a tag along??

happy to tag along with my Alt character. Hunter is at about 280 light at the moment. I need better armour for her, but the weapons are ok as I equipped some from my main

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
One quest rewards a 300 special weapon (shotgun or sniper- recommend choosing 1000 yard stare) and a 300 class specific artefact.
Thanks for the heads up. I was saving up and going to buy that sniper rifle from the Vanguard tonight (currently have 141 marks).
I need to work through the story and quests as I only did half of them. I have just been doing the daily crucible, story each night. Done the raid a few nights but mostly I did the Vanguard strike playlist in the first week.
I am sitting at 289 but havent increased it more than 1 or 2 every couple of days for the past week.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:51:43 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
Oops sorry I made a mistake on that info. The sniper isn't 300. It's a legendary but really good impact, you have to infuse it o get higher. But the artefact is definitely 300

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »
The sniper (1000 yard) for 150 Legendary Mark is 280 Solar damage.
I was going to buy it and slowly upgrade. But i will play the quests to unlock. Cheers Steph

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 01:50:40 PM »
I've been buying Black Spindles from the Weapon Vendor and infusing them with some of my special legendaries. I brought my 1000 yard stare from 285 to 300 last night. Will probably do the same for my sidearm too.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • XBLive: doombirdzero (360)
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
Yea I got the legendary sniper 1000-yard stare as a drop somewhere, but its only 274 for me. Has a nice fast reload. Also has the last random perk as FireFly - Precision Kills cause a powerful solar explosion in a 5-meter radius.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:58:01 PM by ghosthunter »
Praise the Sun!

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 02:14:31 PM »
happy to tag along with my Alt character. Hunter is at about 280 light at the moment. I need better armour for her, but the weapons are ok as I equipped some from my main

remember you can infuse items across classes, so any blues in the high 280's and 290's from your primary character are great fuel for 2nd character infusing.  I got my titan alt up to 290 pretty quick, with some loan weapons from my primary character to boost light level for engrams decoding.

Another tip for alts, save legendary engrams that your primary already has good items for in ya bank.  Once you alt hits level 40 use em and infuse em with those 280+ blues ;)  Even if the legendary drops a 220 item, you can infuse it up pretty quick.

I also found the Court the best place to get Artifact/Ghost drops, just farming the tier 1/2 levels.

Oh one last alt tip, don't pick the 200 artifact from the quest straight away.  My light level went from 283 ==> 268. So it appears as though that slot isnt used in the maths until you equip one. 

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
I have to scrap everything as I'm always out of weapon parts :(

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 02:29:22 PM »
The sniper (1000 yard) for 150 Legendary Mark is 280 Solar damage.
I was going to buy it and slowly upgrade. But i will play the quests to unlock. Cheers Steph

No worries, now you can put those legendary marks to good use elsewhere :)

remember you can infuse items across classes, so any blues in the high 280's and 290's from your primary character are great fuel for 2nd character infusing.  I got my titan alt up to 290 pretty quick, with some loan weapons from my primary character to boost light level for engrams decoding.

Another tip for alts, save legendary engrams that your primary already has good items for in ya bank.  Once you alt hits level 40 use em and infuse em with those 280+ blues ;)  Even if the legendary drops a 220 item, you can infuse it up pretty quick.

Ahh poop I didn't even think of that, wasted heaps of armour that were lower level for my main but would have otherwise been higher for my alt. thanks for the tip Jykel

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
Ahh poop I didn't even think of that, wasted heaps of armour that were lower level for my main but would have otherwise been higher for my alt. thanks for the tip Jykel

I did the same thing until a mate told me about infusing armor from a different class works.  I am now saving farmed stuff my my 3rd just in case I start her up again.