• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizon
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »
Bugger Homer. I've spent entirely too much time in this game but haven't crashed too much (currently typing this after being kicked from the server tho lol). Sometimes it breaks during a loading sequence (super cruise or hyper space drop in / out) but not often enough to be an issue.

Do you randomly crash ornisnit during a load sequence ? Open or solo?

Solo, and usually during a jump

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
Bugger Homer. I've spent entirely too much time in this game but haven't crashed too much (currently typing this after being kicked from the server tho lol). Sometimes it breaks during a loading sequence (super cruise or hyper space drop in / out) but not often enough to be an issue.

Do you randomly crash ornisnit during a load sequence ? Open or solo?

Solo, and usually during a jump

It may not help due to the nature of the problem, but I can only think of one thing to try - uninstall game, rebuild database (this defrags HDD), then reinstall.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #302 on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »
@StoneColdHomer not sure what your issue could be. I have had a few disconnects during a jump recently, but averaging less then 1 per night. People usually say to go to Solo mode to be more stable, but it seems you are already there.
I did have a really bad night not long ago, but i think it was due to my ISP since some web sites were also being rubbish.

@SmashedPumpkin if you are still thinking about the Python......do it! It is an incredible ship - i am totally loving it. I wont ramble on about all the cool stuff, but suffice to say, it does everything and it does everything actually really well. I have adjusted my build to be a bit more combat-y, since i seem to get Dangerous or above FDLs and Anacondas sent after me now. I do whatever i want, and dont run from fights using this https://eddp.co/u/dlQtbAXk
Scoop gets replaced with Cargo if i am not doing really long distance stuff, which is most of the time. It is lightly engineered with a crappy FSD roll, but it jumps a bit over 20ly and traveled 135ish ly last night without needing a scoop. I reckon i can get it to 25ly.
Limpets are there if i want to pick stuff up without worrying about scooping. They are handy, but a bit underused. I wouldnt get rid of them, and soon i need to hunt for engineering components so they will be very useful.

Oh yeh, and if you are wondering wtf i am running a dual SRV bay for.....i lost an SRV during a mission recently, and was very annoyed at having to fly all the way back to a station to get a new one, then fly all the way back to the mission spot. A 4G vs 2G bay made no real difference to jump range.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:52:00 AM by raz81 »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »
Yeah, will get a python next time I play. Have the $$ already, but probably won't play until D2 content lull.

Wish I could give it a simple paint job though without extra real world $$.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »
The new CG are up. Part 2 of 3, so it's in the same spot and basically the same as last time.
Hauling 1mil per load for cargo delivery, and will switch to bounty hunting once I get into top 10%.

Ended both last week in top 10%