Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizon
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
ah ok, thanks.

I havent totally decided yet, but i think over the weekend i'll search for a new home in federation space so that one day in the next 80 years i can buy a Corvette. Although, i really like my current home! :(

Offline Ant

• Leader
  • Grumpy Old Man
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Yeah, I have mostly been tooling around in federation space and I have noticed my ranking increasing.  I may have to find a nice home location here rather than the homeless drifter I currently am.
I broke my sig :-(

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Clan Member
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2017, 11:33:08 PM »
Starting to regret taking a long range passenger mission. Didn't have materials for engineers, so have barely made dent in the journey in 2 nights. Will probably put the game in storage soon due to the grinding.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
This thread as a detailed guide for the CG (materials). I'm starting my trip there now with my Beluga (srv + fighter) so I can check out thargoids for the first time.
The sub has a seperate post for the bounty CG that details where you can go.
It is a good resource for cgs as it will help you see where it's at and potentially how much you need for the ranks

Alliance Research Initiative

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteCG/comments/6stvlc/alliance_research_initiative/

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Starting to regret taking a long range passenger mission. Didn't have materials for engineers, so have barely made dent in the journey in 2 nights. Will probably put the game in storage soon due to the grinding.

Oh no, how long is the trip ?!
Golden rule with this game, don't get grindy and do things you don't like !

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Clan Member
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
Oh no, how long is the trip ?!
Golden rule with this game, don't get grindy and do things you don't like !

It's 200k ly. I will have to just jump there as quick as I can and forget checking every system along the journey for good scannable planets. I'm probably about 5k ly into the trip in 2 nights. Unless.....what is the penalty for cancelling a mission?

At this stage everything seems grindy in the game.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2017, 02:35:48 PM »
I'm guessing you meant 20 not 200k? 20 is massive dude! (40 since you have to get back  I too!!) I haven't even dared commit to that yet lol

If you cancel you get a fine and lose rep with that faction. I've cancelled and failed stuff before, didn't seem a big impact

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Clan Member
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2017, 04:13:56 PM »
I'm guessing you meant 20 not 200k? 20 is massive dude! (40 since you have to get back  I too!!) I haven't even dared commit to that yet lol

If you cancel you get a fine and lose rep with that faction. I've cancelled and failed stuff before, didn't seem a big impact

Yeah probably 20. May see how quick I can travel with zero scanning - then decide to cancel or not.

I was trying to pickup 2 passenger missions for same location but didn't know that they can't use the same cabin, even if there is enough room - so I have a super heavy 40T cabin which is half empty.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »
Fyi (took me forever to figure this out) passengers that have a unique name (eg John blah) will take an entire cabin. They are considered VIP , and the mission icon also has a little crown on it. Other missions for generic passengers (eg tourists, refugees ) can be stacked into the same cabin

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
Do you have an srv with you @SmashedPumpkin ? You could use that to break up the monotony a bit, with the plus side being looking for materials to synthesise yourself some fsd injections

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:36 PM »
I got to the top 25% of the trade CG with only 93 tonnes. I spent probably 2 or 3 ours gathering it, but that includes a tonne of sight seeing and exploring. Thargoid base was cool. Pics to come later ;)

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
I'm taking a battle beluga out to the rez zones for the CG tonight. I'll pop myself into a private group be in solo mode (cant launch private group by myself apparently ) - if anyone wants to join in for some bounties let me know; i'm fully turreted and rocking 2 fighters for multicrew
@SmashedPumpkin  @Ant  @AkyraStrike
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:20:21 PM by raz81 »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Clan Member
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
Do you have an srv with you @SmashedPumpkin ? You could use that to break up the monotony a bit, with the plus side being looking for materials to synthesise yourself some fsd injections

No srv, but I also don't want to miss the mission deadline. Going to be something like 800 jumps each way  :facepalm:

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2017, 02:49:57 AM »
Fucking rage

Worked all night on 4 passenger missions, worth about 20-30 mil (not to mention exploration data).
Finished them all. Just needed to get back into the station. Got stuck in the mail slot. Unbelievably stuck, never happened like this before. Start getting scanned (passengers don't like that), so I hit silent mode. Start racking up fines because I'm still fucking stuck. Fines start to cause mission failures. Desperately trying to get through to salvage whatever I can. Boost. I'm free! As a fly full speed into the back of the station and blow up. Bye bye passengers. Bye bye entire night of effort. Hello 10.5mil rebuy.

FML

Oh god, the crew member I was leveling all day is fucking dead too.
His name was Kermit.
Where am I ever going to get another Kermit from.
Omg so angry right now
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:56:43 AM by raz81 »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »
I'm still raging at this game lol

But I picked a random Fed system to call home today and have been chilling out running data and cargo missions in the area to gain rep. Once I'm up a bit I'll do some navy missions and go exploring with long (ish) range passenger missions again

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
  • PSN: AkyraStrike
  • XBLive: AkyraStrike
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
I'll pop myself into a private group be in solo mode (cant launch private group by myself apparently ) [/member]

I've taken a short break from the game as Tobor asked me to help him in Warframe, a game I haven't played for over a year, and now it's got me hooked back in again.

But I thought I'd just pop in to say that you can't just launch a private session from the Start game option, you need to create the group first in the friends and private groups option. You private group then stays active in the start game options and you can authorise friends to join it at any time.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
TIL that "SLOW DOWN" isn't a warning telling you to slow down, but rather a notification advising you that you are being slowed down by a nearby body/mass. It should be "SLOWDOWN" ie you are experiencing slowdown

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »
Wow, just when I was getting back into a groove doing the rounds around a few systems...I hit someone (they hit me..!) in the way out of a station. I may have been going fast, and they may have been small - so I think they died. Then I got insta killed.
Almost all my money on rebuy. Sigh

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2017, 10:26:30 AM »
Wow, just when I was getting back into a groove doing the rounds around a few systems...I hit someone (they hit me..!) in the way out of a station. I may have been going fast, and they may have been small - so I think they died. Then I got insta killed.

Sounds like a suicide-winder? Was it another player? If so, it was likely a deliberate act.

If it was an NPC, where you drink flying again Raz? :troll:

Offline Ant

• Leader
  • Grumpy Old Man
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »

Sounds like a suicide-winder? Was it another player? If so, it was likely a deliberate act.

If it was an NPC, where you drink flying again Raz? :troll:

I do remember hitting a beluga, or something that big, on the way out in the early days (not last night).  Didn't know I could make a sport of it though!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »
I do remember hitting a beluga, or something that big, on the way out in the early days (not last night).  Didn't know I could make a sport of it though!

Trolls / gankers enjoy suicide-winding other players, particularly at CG's, they take a sidewinder and run into the station a bit to damage it to as close to 0 hull as possible, then they ram another player coming in or out of a station, if said player is speeding (going over 100) then that player gets a murder bounty on their head and the station immediately opens fire.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2017, 11:51:01 AM »
Haha nah, it was an NPC flying along its standard flight path into the mailbox. I boosted out thinking 'it'll be right'. It wasn't. Yes, there was wine involved. This game is brutal on alcoholics

Offline Ant

• Leader
  • Grumpy Old Man
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »
Do we need to attach a breathalyser interlock to your beluga?

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
I think my passengers would appreciate that. But, PARTY BOAT!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Clan Member
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »
I finally reached my passenger destination - it only took me one week  :facepalm:

It is a neutron star which looks nice, but gives bugger all cash for scan.

Another week of 800+ jumps to finish mission  >:(

The most entertainment I get from this game is reading fails a la @raz81