Destiny 2

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
May not be 'rehashing' the same content but its only a side step away from it.

Given the DLC is about Osirus and Mercury etc. they couldn't made an amazing new raid location with the theme of the DLC, but instead for some reason (I'm guessing it'll be explained in the DLC story...?) we go back to the leviathan...

I was a huge defender on Destiny 1, but I am seriously struggling to even care about D2 anymore.. I already have the DLC pass so I guess I'll give it a go still, but just so meh about the whole game.

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2017, 01:52:32 PM »
I have a feeling the leviathan has a story of its own and will reveal itself as the raids/D2 goes on.

D2 has it’s good and bad, they made a few wrong design decisions IMO, but it still carries the essence of the game.

Yes it is disappointing that it did not pick up from D1 year 3 and instead it went backwards, but at least they have acknowledged it and hopefully we will start to see QoL improvements dropping in.

You gotta remember most of the community spent large amount of hours on D1, people are bound to have withdrawal symptoms regardless of how well D2 is made, at the end of the day it’s still Destiny, just that some bad design decisions sped up the withdrawal.

I will give it time, I still have faith in this game and still enjoy it.
Also happy to not spend ridiculous hour on D2, give me some time back IRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
I have a feeling the leviathan has a story of its own and will reveal itself as the raids/D2 goes on.

D2 has it’s good and bad, they made a few wrong design decisions IMO, but it still carries the essence of the game.

Yes it is disappointing that it did not pick up from D1 year 3 and instead it went backwards, but at least they have acknowledged it and hopefully we will start to see QoL improvements dropping in.

You gotta remember most of the community spent large amount of hours on D1, people are bound to have withdrawal symptoms regardless of how well D2 is made, at the end of the day it’s still Destiny, just that some bad design decisions sped up the withdrawal.

I will give it time, I still have faith in this game and still enjoy it.
Also happy to not spend ridiculous hour on D2, give me some time back IRL.

The Leviathan does kind of tell it's own story with the emperor etc. though in typically Destiny fashion, it's not quite explained clearly.

I think the massive steps backwards from D1(year3) to D2 were glaring in some cases and a huge misstep by bungie. I will say I enjoyed the story and was glad for the extra cut scenes, but overall coming from D1 (again year3 version) to D2, felt empty and unrewarding. I shouldn't be able to have a Warlock (2nd) and Titan (3rd) character over light level 300 without even doing the raid once on them.

I get D2 is a clean slate, but the steps backward and slow progress forward means it'll be months or years before D2 matches what D1 had, and thats an issue as it's been 2 months and I already feel burnt out and done with it.

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
I initially had the same concern on speed of improvement in D2 as well, but looking back inD1 timeline, d1 wasn’t really “improved” until TTK drops.

If we can get some meaningfully improvement in D2 in season 2 or first DLC, that would be way faster than what D1 was.

So for me it still comes down to the speed of withdrawal I mentioned in my previous post (due to the “same game”) and also D1 player has higher expectation (rightly so).

Bruce/Des and I was just talking about this when we were chilling in the hanger last night.
The main problem here is the reward system and also the “lack of reward”.

Apart from the token system, i think it’s wrong to reward players to max level without even playing end game contents.
The clan reward system also needs to be looked at, eg a clan member should not been rewarded with raid/good gear through clan package if they haven’t even completed the raid.

The hardcore players needs to have some unique gear recognition.

But anyway, Bungie has heard it loud and clear from the community. It will take time.
Hopefully the can get player base back before it’s too late.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »
The main problem here is the reward system and also the “lack of reward”.

Probably the key reasoning for my disillusion, I actually dont mind "grindy" games, infact I'd go as far as saying I quite enjoy them (Destiny 1, Diablo 3, Warframe, all some of my most played games that essentially come down to grinding the same content for better rewards), but the rewards need to feel.. well.. rewarding.

Scrap the whole damn token system from the raid for starters, it was ok in Kings Fall / WotM in D1 where you got the 'tokens' as an extra chance at loot when you have enough, but I have honestly never felt so let down in finishing a raid for the first time as I did with Leviathan and my net result was 1 auto rifle... of which I already got from a clan engram... and then turning my tokens in to get.. yep you guessed it.. another auto rifle (and thankfully a scout). I know RNG is a b*tch and all.. but to complete a full raid for the first time and literally have 1 drop.. yeah.. no thanks, not worth the effort.

Like I said, I've paid for the DLC (unfortunately), so I'll play it, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
Spaz read what you both wrote and I didn't get it? The emperor is a robot overlord who knows Osiris so we need to see him again? I thought Osiris was a bogan Warlock from 500 years ago? It's easy to confuse Spaz but it's easier to confuse Spaz  :)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »
*sigh*

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
*sigh*

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at the state of (mostly "triple A") gaming at this point in time.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #658 on: November 27, 2017, 06:07:02 PM »
*sigh*

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at the state of (mostly "triple A") gaming at this point in time.

It seems to only be MP/Games for Service titles that are suffering from consumer pushback. About time there was though, was getting sick of the constant limitations implemented over the years. Hopefully, late 2018/19 titles are different.

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
  • PSN: siiycsfb
« Reply #659 on: November 29, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »
God I hope the next dlc brings some players back to Destiny, I stupidly pre ordered the first two dlc drops.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #660 on: November 29, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »
God I hope the next dlc brings some players back to Destiny, I stupidly pre ordered the first two dlc drops.

They screwed up big time. They should have just gone the World of Warcraft route and released expansions to the base game. I understand the first Destiny was stuck between two generations which is probably why that method wasn't even a discussion but it would have been nice. They have no excuses to do it with D2 besides Activision and Bungie wanting millions for another disappointing experience.

I saw a fan image on Twitter the other day, it had all the planets from D2 added into the D1 map, that would've been great.

I'm sick of the argument "Destiny 1 was disappointing in Year 1 so why do you expect D2 to be great in Y1?" Well Timmy, let me tell you this is exactly why D2 should be great in Y1! How did they manage to REPEAT the same issues of D1 in a brand new instalment? They learnt so much over the past 3 years yet couldn't execute any of it properly in D2.

They know they fucked up because they've cancelled tomorrow's DLC stream to focus on the current issues at hand.

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
« Reply #661 on: November 29, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

They screwed up big time. They should have just gone the World of Warcraft route and released expansions to the base game. I understand the first Destiny was stuck between two generations which is probably why that method wasn't even a discussion but it would have been nice. They have no excuses to do it with D2 besides Activision and Bungie wanting millions for another disappointing experience.

I saw a fan image on Twitter the other day, it had all the planets from D2 added into the D1 map, that would've been great.

I'm sick of the argument "Destiny 1 was disappointing in Year 1 so why do you expect D2 to be great in Y1?" Well Timmy, let me tell you this is exactly why D2 should be great in Y1! How did they manage to REPEAT the same issues of D1 in a brand new instalment? They learnt so much over the past 3 years yet couldn't execute any of it properly in D2.

They know they fucked up because they've cancelled tomorrow's DLC stream to focus on the current issues at hand.
Ha ha, this is all so true, it hurts :)

I saw that image as well, someone posted it on reddit. Wow imagine Destiny with all those planets, raids etc.

using Tapatalk

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #662 on: November 30, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »

Pretty much sums it up. Lets hope they learn quicker this time and fix the issues before it's too late. I'm still willing to come back and give D2 another chance, but I wont be as patient with it as I was with D1

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
I gave up on D1 and missed some of the good stuff... and have so far managed to miss it in D2 as well, how disappointing! And yeah, I bought the version with both DLC's as well.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2017, 11:36:52 AM »

Pretty much sums it up. Lets hope they learn quicker this time and fix the issues before it's too late. I'm still willing to come back and give D2 another chance, but I wont be as patient with it as I was with D1

Hahaha yep, I agree with ye both.  For a game franchise with a 10 year 'plan', one hopes by year 5 they are not repeating year 2.

<rant>
Yep they needed to migrate to a new tech platform, as D1's was woefully hard to maintain and build on, but for me that isnt an excuse for D2's end-game state.   Like the Division, D2 for me was enjoyable and fun til end-game.  The raid was ok, but removing the ability to do simply things like go to orbit at checkpoints was a step backwards. 

Raids in D1 had a flow to them, almost story-esk, but the D2 raid for me feels more like a prison of elders thing, random order, no real story or flow to it.  So is it really a raid or a trial of encounters in a pseudo random order?   The D1 raids often required a good mix of classes and class abilities for specific sections or strats, the D2 raid really doesn't require any specific classes or abilities (well 6 striker titans is still OP ;) )

They fix a raid cheese that then introduces more glitches at Calus, same as VoG, but no simple way to reset a checkpoint in D2.  So when Calus stays immune, people stop seeing symbols in the shadow realm, random extra mobs spawning, shadow walls not appearing, etc etc we can not simply go to orbit and reset at Calus.  I know Bungie didn't want people to be able to checkpoint save across resets, but with the fantastic new loot system, people wouldn't be doing it anyway  :troll:

Things like daily stories & daily strikes (with high level rewards), double mod-slots in raid gear (make us want to get/wear the gear), being able to move my ship around in the loading screen (so we can ram Spaz's ship  :troll:), I could go on . . . functional social spaces with group up areas for PvE and PvP (guided stuff doesnt work well), a shader system not shaders ;),  bring back 6v6 in PvP (I wouldn't care if they simply ported the D1 maps over)

They did get some things right, simplified resource and currency systems.
</rant>

@Ant still happy to help out if you havent finish the Raid

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
@Jykel thanks for the offer, I finished it the other week so all good. I get what you mean about the raid though, it's just a bunch of puzzles with no flow between them and sounds like the DLC is going to be more of the same. Strangely, as a more casual gamer, you would think the changes to D2 would suit me, but I look at my guy with 298 light and think "what did I do to deserve that".

Jump on once a week and grab the clan engrams!

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #666 on: November 30, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
@Jykel Strangely, as a more casual gamer, you would think the changes to D2 would suit me, but I look at my guy with 298 light and think "what did I do to deserve that".

So in review Bungie aimed D2 at the casual gamer who gets to the top level for shites and giggles and the main destiny gamer loses interest after a few weeks due to poor design. Well played Spungie!

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #667 on: November 30, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »
@Jykel Strangely, as a more casual gamer, you would think the changes to D2 would suit me, but I look at my guy with 298 light and think "what did I do to deserve that".

So in review Bungie aimed D2 at the casual gamer who gets to the top level for shites and giggles and the main destiny gamer loses interest after a few weeks due to poor design. Well played Spungie!

@Ant glad to here you go the completion in. 

Yeah they needed to work out why in D1 players were willing to 'grind'; be it bounties, resources, strikes, raids, iron banana, trails, prison, dead ghosts, etc.   IMHO Gear and upgrading gear, oh and trophies/achievements.   If you wanted fate bringer, you ground for it, as there was no other weapon like it.  Or raid gear with specific perks you need (helms with heal on orb pick-up etc) for another raid or nightfall, or some stupid crux for a weapon I will never use.  Even I don't know why I did the grind for somethings  :facepalm: 

If the D2 loot is all so generic (no unique rolls etc), raid gear is nothing special, no strike specific gear, no BS trials adept weapons, no banana weapons with god rolls, exotic quests from bounties etc why bother.  I have my 3 go to weapons in D2 and I have had them since week 1, and I really dont care about armour due to the modding system being so limited in applicable perks.

The trophy system is a good indicator on how simplified D2 is compared to D1.  How many of us ground out flawless raid attempts for a D1 plat, or to help others get it ;)  Getting plat in D1 was a challenge and did require some effort.  In D2 is boils down to doing a prestige nightfall on the week with the right map/perks and unlocking all the sub-classes.

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »
Latest blog post from Bungie addressing recent concerns.
Lots of changes incoming.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46504

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »
Latest blog post from Bungie addressing recent concerns.
Lots of changes incoming.
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46504

Yeah they are doomed! Emblems, ornaments and stats on gun kills are a 'priority'. Bye Bye Pestiny ......................... see it?  ohhhh yeah    boooyahahahahahahahahahaha boi!

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
« Reply #670 on: November 30, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Some decent updates coming if Bungie live up to their promise and deliver.

Looking forward Masterworks weapons and welcome back heroic strikes!

Where the hell is the crucible update to allow me to pick a specific game type though...

Bungie promise to improve communications bahahaha  :troll:

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #671 on: November 30, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
Yeah they are doomed! Emblems, ornaments and stats on gun kills are a 'priority'. Bye Bye Pestiny ......................... see it?  ohhhh yeah    boooyahahahahahahahahahaha boi!

Seems to be largely cosmetic / surface changes, a few nice things like increased rewards (whatever this means) for strikes and lost sectors etc. but I dont know... the term lipstick on a pig comes to mind.

As I said, will still come back for the DLC as I paid for it, but its going to take a lot more than whats being addressed in the blog post to hold my attention for longer that the initial "hype" of the DLC

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »

As I said, will still come back for the DLC as I paid for it, but its going to take a lot more than whats being addressed in the blog post to hold my attention for longer that the initial "hype" of the DLC

Been seeing people hoping this DLC changes a few things but I think they're going to be very surprised. As you said, hard to play after the hype is gone as it's going to be nothing but another Dark Below clone.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
'Destiny 2' gets a Ghost Alexa skill and replica speaker

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/29/destiny-2-ghost-amazon-alexa-speaker/

🐵💤

thechimby

« Reply #674 on: December 03, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »
Expansion ordered :D Looking forward to seeing some more of you online.