• Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Destiny 2
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:01:13 AM »
Didn't know where to post this so decided to make a new thread to make it easier.

Looks like Destiny 2 won't be releasing in 2016 after all.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-22-destiny-2-delayed-from-september-2016-report
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:17:31 PM by StoneColdHomer »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:04:20 AM »
Being a game that sucks in the content area, I'm all for a delay. Take all the time you need just stop running bloody PvP events!

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
  • PSN: ViRuSsK
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »
They better have a loooottttt more content when this games released

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
And a lot more depth to the story..

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
And yet, to some extent, most of us play it

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »
Yeah I want more content and a sweet story, but honestly if they released the same thing in a different setting with new raids etc I'd still buy it in an instant and play the crap out of it.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »
Yeah I want more content and a sweet story, but honestly if they released the same thing in a different setting with new raids etc I'd still buy it in an instant and play the crap out of it.

Pretty much this. The social aspect of Destiny makes up for so many of its flaws and its core mechanics are tight.

Seeing as though Destiny was only rumoured to be coming in Sept (though most expected it)  I take this rumoured delay with a grain of salt. The fact is given its Activision they'll more likely push a broken game out then delay it.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 06:00:19 PM »

I don't know if I would bother with Destiny 2 if it followed the same formula.

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »
I'd really like to see it open world, as in not needing to go to the towers to find a bunch of people, and there being proper things to do out there other than just some events that pop up from time to time.

Also the bosses need a big improvement imo, The whole having to kill random monsters is kind of annoying, Where as just having to kill one big tough monster dude while dodging stuff is fun, like in wow and stuff.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 01:17:33 AM »
I originally had high hopes for destiny, thinking of Mass effect with co op.

I'll probably still get destiny 2 but Mass Effect will be higher on my priority list (can't recall release dates) & if division is top notch i might still be playing that come sept.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 01:41:30 AM »
Frankly I just find I'm bored of single player games nowadays..  High hopes for the division but then again I had high hopes for ESO and that died.

Like I said, sure destiny could've done things a lot better but what other games are there out there like it? Warframe maybe but it just doesn't have that fun factor destiny has for me.

I think another thing to keep in mind is that destiny was held back by being on ps3 and xb360.. Rumours point to Destiny 2 being current gen only.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »
I got my coin worth out of destiny. Will get Destiny 2 just in case it goes close to the clan fun we managed to get.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 09:23:24 AM »

I'll probably still get destiny 2 but Mass Effect will be higher on my priority list (can't recall release dates) & if division is top notch i might still be playing that come sept.

There is zero information about end game content for The Division. Sounds like once you play through the story there will only be the dark zone to keep you playing - and repeating story missions on hard level. That will get stale fast and I wouldn't expect it to last until September......unless there is new information released soon then my hype is deflated.

Not sure about mass effect as I skipped the third after I didn't like the changes in the second (linear mission progression and more focus on being shooter rather than RPG). Would be hard to go back to x360 and play through 2&3 now.

I got my coin worth out of destiny. Will get Destiny 2 just in case it goes close to the clan fun we managed to get.

I feel the same way but really hope there will be some major changes for Destiny 2. Just grinding to get every weapon/armour doesn't float my boat (that's the only objective left for me in TTK). The RNG is so awful that you are not rewarded for effort.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
Frankly I just find I'm bored of single player games nowadays..  High hopes for the division but then again I had high hopes for ESO and that died.

Like I said, sure destiny could've done things a lot better but what other games are there out there like it? Warframe maybe but it just doesn't have that fun factor destiny has for me.

I think another thing to keep in mind is that destiny was held back by being on ps3 and xb360.. Rumours point to Destiny 2 being current gen only.

I feel a bit the same about single player games. Got 80 hours into FO4 and now not motivated to continue. Was thinking of jumping into a free pc MMO - but they will kind of be single player anyway while levelling. I have my eye on Overwatch as it looks like FPS scrubs like me can even play some classes.

Destiny certainly did something right in terms of creating a fun multiplayer co-op experience. I have not seen any other game implement that aspect so well.

Destiny 2 hopefully won't be held back by the old hardware restrictions.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
Frankly I just find I'm bored of single player games nowadays..

I feel a bit the same about single player games. Got 80 hours into FO4 and now not motivated to continue.
As much as I enjoyed MGS, I haven't gone back to finish for similar reasons. I also only got half way in Dragon Age too.
Sp games suffer when so many games come out and I find it hard to go back as Good as they are compared to a co op game. I stopped destiny and came back a few times without much issue.

World of Tanks is fun, co op and rewards effort and all tanks can be achieved eventually for free, so that may be the next one I'm into for a while.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:42:31 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
Not making any call until it is released and I can see what it actually includes.  No point having a wish list for something we have no control over and then being pissed because it's not what we wanted

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 01:55:03 PM »

Theres quite a few out there, firefall is one (which is coming to ps4) and a whole bunch of other poopier games that arent worth a mention, and theres also that one... thats got that tv show to go with it... cant remember the name.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 01:57:18 PM »

Theres quite a few out there, firefall is one (which is coming to ps4) and a whole bunch of other poopier games that arent worth a mention, and theres also that one... thats got that tv show to go with it... cant remember the name.

Defiance? Almost finished watching 3rd and final season

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »

Defiance? Almost finished watching 3rd and final season

Thats the one, I only played a very little bit of it so not sure how good it is

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
Rumours a plenty today about Destiny 2, including coming to PC, an overhaul in how activities are launched and how we interaction with the world and possibly having to leave our old characters behind:

http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460

A neogaf post from a user who has apparently being reasonably reliable with leaks:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=218333036

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
Needs to be a couple hundred years ahead.

O.T has anyone gone in the races? I noticed the bike seller had a ranking thingy and I'm on zero! Spaz drives/rides like a boss but didn't even know about the racing?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »
Needs to be a couple hundred years ahead.

O.T has anyone gone in the races? I noticed the bike seller had a ranking thingy and I'm on zero! Spaz drives/rides like a boss but didn't even know about the racing?

Guardians can live forever, provided their ghost is with them, so a couple hundred years ahead we could still continue our characters story.

Are you talking about the sparrow racing? SRL (Sparrow Racing League) ran for a few weeks back in December last year as a special event, it had 2 tracks, 1 on venus and 1 on mars. Dropped rewards at good light levels so it was a good farming event along with the SRL progress book like the year 2 moments of triumph / Rise of Iron books.

Rank 5 was where you topped out your rewards (much like iron banner). We had many WPR races too.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 02:46:01 PM »
This is exciting, if all those rumours are true, sounds like a great improvement over what we have now. Shame we'll have to leave our characters behind though.

EDIT: I almost don't feel like putting more hours into my Guardian now, what's the point if I'm just going to start fresh in 2017?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:00:19 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »
EDIT: I almost don't feel like putting more hours into my Guardian now, what's the point if I'm just going to start fresh in 2017?

For funzies? :troll:

But really, I understand the sentiment, but in general (and even more so with grindy games like Destiny), it comes down to do you enjoy it? At any point (with any game) if the answer is no, then play something else otherwise you'll get salty.

I'd like to be able to take my character forward, especially given Destiny was spruiked as a 10 year game etc.. but it's hard to see with the changes they intend to make how it would work exactly.

For me the biggest disappointment is the "late 2017" release window.. after it being apparently pushed back from releasing this year, I was hoping we'd see it no later then May.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
The no character transfer I kinda expected.

If all the current classes, abilities, gear, perks, consumables, etc will not exist in D2, then what are you really transferring . . . our characters dont even have names  :(

I am sure they will give D1 players a starting reward in D2 . . . a free shader  :troll: