Destiny 2

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #700 on: December 06, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »
For clan members who are jumping back in, remember to pick up the new clan banner from Hawthorn, so we can get new clan rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #701 on: December 06, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

Byf could've made that video a lot shorter.. why is he still playing destiny 2? Because he's a content creator based solely on destiny and without he loses his revenue stream.

On a more serious note, highlighting the story as a reason to keep playing isn't exactly a great point, whilst I agree the story telling has improved, it's by no means a reason to continue playing after you complete it

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #702 on: December 06, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
For clan members who are jumping back in, remember to pick up the new clan banner from Hawthorn, so we can get new clan rewards.

nope, thought I had something to say. Random trip to Hawthorn for a new banner.
I broke my sig :-(

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #703 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
So, to increase replayability they up the base levels for all of the tasks... hmmmm

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
  • PSN: siiycsfb
« Reply #704 on: December 06, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »
I haven't had a chance to play the DLC yet but from all reports it's really light (lol little light) on content! Damn my decision to pre-purchase the DLC.

Anyway hopefully I see some of you online tonight for a mission or two

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2017, 07:17:40 PM »
At this point I'm not feeling the urge to play..

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #706 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »
Just to add to the Bungie hate, it sounds like the platinum trophy is now behind the paywall of having to buy the DLC in order to be able to get it

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #707 on: December 07, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »

Yeah pretty much felt that way last night too, even my partner said to me "isn't that new Destiny thing out, aren't you going to play?"., my response was "meh".. literally 0 excitement for me.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #708 on: December 07, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »
All I will say is the story on the DLC is way better than the Cabal story. Short but fun.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #709 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:14 AM »

Same, did the 1st 'mission' and then realised I wasn't enjoying it, nor was it challenging, went back to OW  :facepalm:

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #710 on: December 07, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »
I enjoyed jumping back in to it. It's been that long that I actually thought the sound fx was awesome.

The story is interesting, but I do agree that it's not really challenging and does seem quite repetitive.
I don't like knowing I can just blitz past entire sections with no need to face the enemy just to get through. I'd rather have to fight my way through it.

Only played for a few hours and I'm hoping I'm only 1/2 way through, but in reality I'm probably further along given the talk of this being rather short.

Only played Titan so far, but I already notice they've busted the shoulder charge when done mid-air. Either that or user view of it is broken. Feel like I just drop like a rock when i do it and don't propel forwards at all.

I'll play the story out... run through the strikes (hopefully more rewarding than they were) and some crucible... then see where it's at.
Wondering what the new raid aspect is, but given the lack of excitement so far from D2, I'm not holding my breath for anything awesome.

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1
Destiny 2
« Reply #711 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:40 PM »
I caved and bought it. But bought the damn full expansion - only meant to buy the dlc. Detail fail.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:15:05 PM by blue_bear1 »

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
Destiny 2
« Reply #712 on: December 07, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
The shoulder charge was nerfed! Itís in the patch note, thatís one change I do not agree with, titan feels even slower than before.

Apart from that, the story was fun but short, and it was way too easy, couldíve made it harder to crank us the intensity. What a missed opportunity.

Will play through adventure tonight and after that will try out all the new changes.

Just a reminder, thereís another big QoL changes coming dec of 12th.

However, donít expect too much, the flaw is quite fundamental and will take much longer to change.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #713 on: December 07, 2017, 02:06:23 PM »
Apart from that, the story was fun but short, and it was way too easy, couldíve made it harder to crank us the intensity. What a missed opportunity.

I don't understand why they start CoO missions at recommended power level 200 (later levels are slightly higher). This contributes to making it too easy. A bit of overcompensation with the power ammo drops too.

I didn't bother finishing the story last night, I think I am up to the final mission. Preferred going back to add to my 180+hours of rimworld.

The story reward legendary auto rifle is good.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #714 on: December 07, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
Am I the only one that see's CoO and thinks Court of Oryx...?

Sounds like the DLC is as expected then. I'll either knock it off tonight or on the weekend and go back to Warframe.

Offline FonzieM

• Clan Member
  • PSN: FonzieM
« Reply #715 on: December 07, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »
Am I the only one that see's CoO and thinks Court of Oryx...?

Sounds like the DLC is as expected then. I'll either knock it off tonight or on the weekend and go back to Warframe.

I got on last night, considered doing CoO for about 2 seconds and thought...hmm I have some new weapons that just finished in warframe. decision made. still haven't loaded D2 up :p

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #716 on: December 07, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »
Best QoL change for me is the vault organisation. Actually arranging weapons by type and grouping all the same weapon next to each other makes it so much easier to scrap duplicates. I don't know why this was not included at release as it is easy to implement.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #717 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
Best QoL change for me is the vault organisation. Actually arranging weapons by type and grouping all the same weapon next to each other makes it so much easier to scrap duplicates. I don't know why this was not included at release as it is easy to implement.

Because it was in the backlog... and somebody keeps adding new stories so the backlog never gets done... oh, thats work I'm thinking about...

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #718 on: December 07, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »

Because it was in the backlog... and somebody keeps adding new stories so the backlog never gets done... oh, thats work I'm thinking about...

But you are supposed to do your sprint planning and reprioritise your backlog.
That tells me the product owner didnít care about the vault user stories ;)
Lol. Yep. Work!

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #719 on: December 07, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
I regret preordering the expansions, but will play since I've already given them monies. Not eager compared to how I was on previous dlc releases.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #720 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »
I regret preordering the expansions, but will play since I've already given them monies. Not eager compared to how I was on previous dlc releases.

Be prepared to fall asleep during the loading screens. I swear, I spent more time on a black screen/ship warping than actually playing the game.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #721 on: December 07, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »

Lol. Yep. Work!

If we leave things in the backlog for long enough people move on and they get canned :p

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #722 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
storyline concept was ok.. execution?  more of the "standard" destiny 2, I don't think the campaign is going to change people's mind about the game.  The subsequent changes might if they finally get the balance right-ish.

Also, am I the only to think "numpties" everytime the voiceovers mention the Panoptes?

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #723 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:57 PM »

Lol. Yep. Work!

If we leave things in the backlog for long enough people move on and they get canned :p

Haha do you guys all work with me?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #724 on: December 08, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »