PSN DLC issue - Help?

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
  • Origin: handles1
  • PSN: handles1
PSN DLC issue - Help?
« on: February 17, 2013, 10:38:22 AM »
So I'm sure someone here must have run into this problem and I am guessing as to my possible solutions so here goes.

As some will know I've been eagerly waiting the Skyrim DLC releases on PS3 for a good 9 months.. and so the first one came out on the 13th. I paid the $11.xx for it from the PSN Store on the PS3 and installed it. Couldn't get it to work in the game and at the menu of the game it told me I didn't have any DLC installed. Weird, I thought. Removed the DLC and re-downloaded/installed it - same problem.

Turns out my copy of Skyrim from what I can tell is an Asian copy, it says printed in Hong Kong on the back though I can't tell exactly where from as I can't read symbols from Asia (no racism intended). It's not an Aussie copy in any case and has Region 3 on the case though plays fine here as they do... The DLC is from the Aus PSN store because that's my proper region and therefore apparently isn't compatible. How stupid  >:(

So now what? I want that DLC and I wan't it now. I can ring Sony for a refund tomorrow on the DLC that doesn't work, but it doesn't help me get the Dragonborn DLC to play. Can I create an Asian PSN account and download it that way? If so, how, and how do I pay for it as I have Aus credit cards only, obviously. If I get the Aus release of the game, can my save game of 150 hours be used still since it was created and played on a Region 3 disc of the game?

I'm more then a little frustrated with this, so any help is appreciated..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:40:00 AM by handles1 »

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
Re: PSN DLC issue - Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
Heya col, i pretty muh have everythin on aus store and buy only local or EU games to avoid region issues.

You hve a few choices..
- Try calling sony for refund, not sure how this will go or if possible as i havent rea anythjng about refunds.

- Buy from asian psn store (there is usually videos online to create an account on a non english text psn, i know there are japanese store walkthroughs but i think chinese store isnin english.
Make sure which region your game is). You can probably buy a psn card from ebay or somewhere online for store credit. But im pretty sure there is a service online where you can buy/add credit to a foreign card and then use that to buy from that country. Not sure how well it works or if its real but i remember seeing something about it.

- sell your disc and get a local copy, not sure if saves will work though?

Thats all i can think of right now.
🐵💤

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
Saves will work if you buy and Oz copy. I had the same issue with BFBC2. Had a HK copy and DLC would not work. Bought an Oz copy And my games saves were fine.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
Or as Jon said,  setup an Asian PSN account.  I have a Singapore, USA and Australian account on my PS3.  Then do a web search for an Asian PSN card (ebay etc.) or you could try your luck with your credit card first and if that doesnt work then get the asian card.

All you need is to find an address to put into the Singapore account when you create it.  Search the Dungeon Crawl website for help with that ;) as they sell a lot of imports and have details about how to do it on their website.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
I think the quickest way for you to fix it 'now' is to get a cheap local copy from jb or eb. Everything else is painful IMO (setting up Asian psn then buying Asian pan card etc)

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
If you can make an Asian account you can get a PSN card from http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/, I have used these guys a couple of times and they are good.

If you want a local copy you can have mine for $25 delivered. The easiest way to get around this is to buy local as the others have said :)
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
Thanks for the replies and advice. So I'd but that copy from you Pat but I don't know if my Dave file will work though?

If I make an Asian PSN account, does the particular country matter?

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »

Pick Singapore, it's in english!

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies and advice. So I'd but that copy from you Pat but I don't know if my Dave file will work though?

I think it does matter but you should be able to find out what country it is by putting the number in google, the EU number is BLES-01392 and if I search for what country that is it shows a UK patch.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »

Pick Singapore, it's in english!

But a Singapore account wouldn't work for a Japanese game.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »
The disc itself is BLAS 50404 and at the very bottom says 'Made in Japan for home use only' though I'm not sure if many discs are made there or it's the country associated with that copy..

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
My copy is made in Aus but that doesn't mean your copy is Japanese :)

Offline Barnzini

• Clan Member
  • Universal Religion
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
Ages ago i got a refund after buying DLC for a Tiger Woods game not knowing i had the US version and bought dlc from the aus store,

Easiest solution is to setup the appropriate account and buy it from there....I have a JAP account and there is guides on the web on how to set it up. I forgot my password as i had to enter it in japanese text btw...

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
Ok well I might go but it from EB in the morning to see if it works with aus copy and if it doesn't, I'll get the refund an setup jap account for the DLC. If it does work I'll hang onto it and get you to express post your copy Pat if that's ok, then refund the EB one..

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 05:05:09 PM »
That would work :)

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
Handles I'll swap you my OZ copy for you're asain one. I'm probably never going to play it ( I've played about an hour so far ) and will never need the DLC. Leave it up to you.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 08:50:07 AM »
Awesome, even better thanks Spaz. I'll just get a hold of an Aus copy today and check for compatibility then  ;)

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 07:43:37 PM »
Hmm.. got the Aus copy of Skyrim off a mate, installed data and doesn't detect the Save game, but does of course detect the Dragonborn DLC. Put my copy back in, detects save but no DLC. Sigh, back where I started. Best look up how to make Asian PSN account..  :o

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
It's not illegal so I will post it here: http://www.dungeoncrawl.com.au/t-faq.aspx#DLC 2

This tells you how to do it!

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »
Thanks. Used the guide, created PSN account for Asia and BAM - no Skyrim or it's DLC on Asia PSN Store. What a load of shit, now what?

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:49 PM »
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1443433-dlc-regional-compatibility-us-to-asia/page__pid__22242282#entry22242282

Apparently the Region 1 DLC works with Region 3 discs.. If that's true, could I use a US PSN and download it and run it in Aus??

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
Possibly, only one way to find out I guess...

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
I guess my question is, are Region 1 games or DLC compatible with my PS3 purchased in Aus? i.e is it Region Free since R3 and R4 games work on it? Everyone's would be the same I expect..

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
I guess my question is, are Region 1 games or DLC compatible with my PS3 purchased in Aus? i.e is it Region Free since R3 and R4 games work on it? Everyone's would be the same I expect..

PS3 is region free, at least for games.  Doesn't stop games enforcing silly rules though.