PSN DLC issue - Help?

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
Re: PSN DLC issue - Help?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:52 PM »
This is also from the guide Ant posted Col..

DLC/Map Packs are Region Locked - meaning DLC purchased from the Region 1 store will not work with a Region 3 game - you must ensure that DLC is purchased from the same Region store as your game.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
  • Origin: handles1
  • PSN: handles1
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »
Yeah it's just that I found a link on the Bethesda forums saying that R1 DLC work's with R3 Skyrim.. dunno.. otherwise i'm stuffed, I have no options. Ridiculous.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
Yeah it's just that I found a link on the Bethesda forums saying that R1 DLC work's with R3 Skyrim.. dunno.. otherwise i'm stuffed, I have no options. Ridiculous.

It is but Bethesda should know more about their games.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
Yeah was unfortunately not an official statement, just a discussion on the boards. They don't even sell Skyrim via Asian PS Store..

Offline Pat

• Spammer

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
That's only via Steam though..

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
That's only via Steam though..

I did see Steam mentioned but I wasn't going to translate every page :D

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
So I ring Sony. Got some dopey sounding guy, says I can't get a refund or a credit for my R4 Dragonborn DLC and that I should buy the R4 version of the game so I can use it. I explain that I would not be able to use my save file of 150+ hours and that DLC region locking is pointless, though in a polite manner, and he replies "Well that's not really our concern. Go buy the correct region so you have a compatible disc." If my staff said something like that, I would rip shreds off them. I'm glad I don't manage a Sony call centre. Geezus. Bloody. Christ.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Sounds like time to make an official complaint to Sony about how you feel you were treated by him, it's the only way to get rid of waynes like him. Have you tried the save fix Spaz mentioned?

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
Nah I think I'll try the R1 DLC tonight since it seems that it's compatible. If it isn't, i'll have thrown away $25. If it does, I'll probably be happy. And it better be good. But seriously, if it doesn't, I'm going to lose my shit hahah

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
I'll post this here since you still need to have the game to start with.

Tutorial How To Change The PS3 Save Region Code

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
That looks pretty straight forward.  Col, do this and use an Aussie version of the game first, before you bother with the US version.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 11:31:12 AM »
Not every game will accept a modded file. I've only done it to get a rare weapon etc in FF and Fallout. Never try it in a MP or similar as it can get you banned ( uTube has some examples ;)  ). Most important thing is to back up the old file. You get corrupted saves often. Also you will need the Skyrim codes to know what to change. Also lots of programs out there to help. Just google it. I'm not posting any links as to not incriminate the clan.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
That vid I posted looks like he only just needs to change the disc version Spaz so it shouldn't be too hard, the backup is a definite requirement though.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »
Thanks again. I have an Aus copy to change it to so I'll do the change-region after work and post up my results.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
Tried it, it seemed to change codes and save ok using that program, but it doesn't work. When I try to copy the edited version back on to the PS3 it says it's corrupted with an error code in brackets. :(

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:20 PM »
Have you searched for the error code? And the other obvious question is have you put the code in as it is exactly written on the case?

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 06:21:52 PM »
Yep, code is in exactly right. It's done correctly, it just doesn't work as soon as you try to copy it back from the USB > PS3 and the progress bar appears. I looked around and apparently I need Xploder or some program that 'resign's' the save game but it's hard to use and costs. Stuff it.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:26 PM »
That sucks, maybe Spaz could help you out in PM's.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »
So I'd given up on this. Turns out the day after Pat's last post (19/2), the DLC all became available in the Asia PSN store FFS.

Now I'll buy it from there. I see the pricing is a little different. Hearthfire equates to $4. The other two are $19 each.. Still, there's my entertainment for the next week  :)

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »
Glad it finally worked out mate.