« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »
EVE looks ok, so that's 1 game. lol

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: PlayStation VR
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 10:08:49 AM »
Eve Valkyrie is a decent VR experience, but it's just a simple multiplayer game with no depth behind it. 1 map, objective just to dogfight, the end.

It's not like many people are still playing it on oculus.

That is the thing about VR so far - people don't use it daily because there is no depth to the games yet - so the word 'novelty' is used.

I think developers need to get creative to think about better ways to experience VR. Traditional games seem not to be all that suitable for it - especially with motion sickness issues (which is why so many FPS games are using teleportation).

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »
CNET has a write-up about VR at E3.

http://www.cnet.com/news/vr-at-e3-2016-virtual-reality-still-has-a-long-way-to-go/

What needs work?

Farpoint, a sci-fi shooter on the PlayStation VR, looks good, but it wants you to move around the game world as if you were walking. To that end the team created a brand new controller called the PlayStation VR Aim. It's impressive, even if it looks like something made from cheap PVC piping. But moving around using a thumbstick made me feel wildly ill, something I hadn't experienced before using VR. I felt sick for at least 45 minutes after playing a 15-minute demo and actually felt dizzy while playing. Sean Hollister felt something similar with the Resident Evil VII, as did more than a few other attendees.

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2016, 10:36:24 AM »
with less than a month to go till releases, i'm finding myself changing my mind constantly about this...i'm still not 100% sure i want it

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »
with less than a month to go till releases, i'm finding myself changing my mind constantly about this...i'm still not 100% sure i want it

Found out the other day that battlezone has 4 player coop. Might pick it up now for the vr lols

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
i am quietly looking forward to this.  Good range of titles coming out.  Even if it is a failed experiment I think it will provide some interesting fun and show the directions things will eventually go.

But then, I am a gadget addict!
I broke my sig :-(

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
Eve Valkyrie has cross platform play with pc. Yay. Means more people to play with which is great since the user base isn't going to be uber high

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »
Eve Valkyrie has cross platform play with pc. Yay. Means more people to play with which is great since the user base isn't going to be uber high

Cool, this was on my list!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2016, 12:23:20 AM »

I expect that will be more useful for pc players as the amount of active players right now is very low. This is currently a problem for multiplayer PC VR games.

Good to see cross platform play though.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
So it looks like I was lucky enough to get a 1 in 100 Sony special edition PSVR's which comes with a customised stand (with my PSN ID on it) and some other little bonus (cost is the same as retail $549)

The email stated it comes with:
1 x PlayStation®VR
1 x PlayStation®VR Demo Disc
1 x Personalised and Limited Edition Display Stand
1 x Extra Bonus (Just some fun but we hope you’ll have a laugh)

Getting close now.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »
Sports Bar VR, a game where you can hang with friends, pretend to drink and trash a bar... oh or play various games etc:

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:47 PM »
Sports Bar VR, a game where you can hang with friends, pretend to drink and trash a bar... oh or play various games etc:

This looks like it will be fun if you have a group

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »
what's everyone day 1 VR game they're looking forward to, and what's your most anticipated future VR game?

For me, no idea on day 1, hoping to have a mess around in VR worlds, will probably get Gran Turismo and hoping there is some good FPS in VR.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
Not sure yet - looking forward to the demo disk.

Altho, I'm very keen for Sci Fi space shooter so Eve and whatever the star wars x wing thing is high on my list, along with a fps of sorts - so Farpoint maybe. I think battlezone might be a really good use of vr too.

I was also interested in Robinson initially because of the gfx, but I watched a gameplay demo recently and thought it may be boring (for me anyway)

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »
Just found out that driveclub vr is a standalone game. So that's off the list (I'm not really into driving games but was looking forward to the experience, assumed it was a patch or low cost dlc)

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
if enough of us were to get it, I reckon sports bar would be up there.  The Playroom VR looks good at the right price.  Eve Valkarie most likely and see what the demo of DriveClub VR is like.  I think that, my wheel and VR will be awesome.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:44:14 PM by Ant »

Offline JEM7vwh

• Clan Member
  • Origin: danielwwm
  • PSN: JEM7VWH777
  • Steam: danielwwm
  • XBLive: JEM7VWH777
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
Ant this is for you as we were debating Star Wars vs Star Trek today :-

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/02/star-wars-vr-vs-star-trek-vr

😃

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2016, 08:27:55 AM »
I didn't realise VR had another box to run it. I thought the Pro was the grunt? Lots of cables to deal with.

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »
so all i get from those reviews is that it is mediocre to average at best?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »
so all i get from those reviews is that it is mediocre to average at best?

I think most of the reviews were on the positive side, with the caveat being that they are taking into account the price point compared to the other VR headsets, kind of a you get what you pay for vibe.

Going into this with eyes open to the experience and understanding this isn't going to be high end amazing cutting edge graphics (and lets face it, the decision to use 6yr old controllers as the base of movement isn't confidence inspiring), I'm still very much looking forward to this, but still also have no idea what games to pick up on it.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2016, 12:23:58 PM »
I've seen a few comments on the interwebs that if you don't have move controllers yet and are grabbing the PSVR, then get them soon. They would be cheap-ish at the moment still being a PS3 accessory, but word is they are rebranding them PS4 accessories and basically doubling the current price.

+1 Sony :troll:

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:12 PM »
I've seen a few comments on the interwebs that if you don't have move controllers yet and are grabbing the PSVR, then get them soon. They would be cheap-ish at the moment still being a PS3 accessory, but word is they are rebranding them PS4 accessories and basically doubling the current price.

Pretty much already happened, been near impossible to find move controllers for months now and you can only preorder the repackaged ones at about $120 depending on where you go.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2016, 01:14:45 PM »

Pretty much already happened, been near impossible to find move controllers for months now and you can only preorder the repackaged ones at about $120 depending on where you go.

Holy crap!
I've wanted to offload my PS3 for a while. Have a move controller with it that was barely used and will be unlikely to get PSVR... maybe i'll part with it for a little some *wink wink*