• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: The Division - Darkzone
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
Should have looked at this last night before blundering into the dark zone for the first time!

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
Thanks for the info, good to know how it works in DZ. Haven't stepped foot in there yet. I'm afraid to go in lol.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
With the current state of risk / reward, there isn't any pvp or rogues.
Atm the lvl 30 DZ is more like a tougher PvE area where enemies are elite (yellow) & superior  (purple) at levels 30 - 32 and always dropping purples (superior) gear.
Once you hit 30, 45 mins in the dz and you will be fully decked out in purple then can work on min maxing with the attributes / build you want.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 10:31:42 AM »

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 08:47:21 AM »
Had a good run in the DZ last night, 3 of us took an old mate in there for his 1st DZ adventure.  After about 2 hours, he went from rank 1 to 32!   We managed to kill a group of 4 rogues on manhunt level which took him from 21 to 31 in minutes.  If you need DZ exp (esp after the patch) its worth while hunting rogues.

Took me a lot longer than 2 hours to hit 30.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
Had a good run in the DZ last night, 3 of us took an old mate in there for his 1st DZ adventure.  After about 2 hours, he went from rank 1 to 32!   We managed to kill a group of 4 rogues on manhunt level which took him from 21 to 31 in minutes.  If you need DZ exp (esp after the patch) its worth while hunting rogues.

Took me a lot longer than 2 hours to hit 30.

Wow that's quite a jump! Nicely done.  :up:

I think I'm about level 23-ish and that took me several hours.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
Quick question. Should I be going into the DZ while I'm low level or am I better off waiting until I'm level 30?

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »
🐵💤

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
Quick question. Should I be going into the DZ while I'm low level or am I better off waiting until I'm level 30?

You can go in there for fun, and maybe try to get some purple drops from named elite bosses. You will outlevel any drops pretty quickly though.

You will be in a DZ instance based on your level - eg one instance for lvl 15-18.

I only went into the DZ once before lvl30. Did pick up some useful drops though.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »

You can go in there for fun, and maybe try to get some purple drops from named elite bosses. You will outlevel any drops pretty quickly though.

You will be in a DZ instance based on your level - eg one instance for lvl 15-18.

I only went into the DZ once before lvl30. Did pick up some useful drops though.

Ahh so that explains why first time I noticed the mission pop up for discovering the DZ it was about level 14. I didn't do it yet, continued doing the main story/side missions. Checked back on the level 14 DZ mission but it is was gone and there was a level 18 mission instead. Thought I messed up by missing out lower level DZ missions. Makes sense now that it just adjusts according to your current level

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 10:42:46 AM »
I've had a bit of fun running in there and it does give you an idea of what the DZ is about.

Offline cnstr

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
going in at a lower level also gives you a chance to get your dz lvl up before going in at 30 looking for loot and chests.

if you do go in though, go at the top of the lvl range cap to give yourself a better chance of survival.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 06:19:45 PM »
Here's a not so short video of @M-Rossi @SmashedPumpkin  @Tweakzero  and myself going full rogue (manhunt) and lasting over 15mins in the dark zone while being hunted,  unfortunately we were rogue so long the recording missed the start of it and a long shoot out in the sports store with several other agents taking us on

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 07:50:37 PM »
Pity..... The start was the best part. Several agents (not all in 1 group) firing at us after someone got in the way of fire - some of whom got taught a lesson - that resulted in manhunt.

Had some good wins today with batmarn, cooky and Tobor today also - both times the other group opened fire on us and went rogue. DZ is starting to feel a bit small.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:32 PM »
The time spent rogue felt like it would have been better spent farming named npc's for loot and exp, but the experience was fun. I can see most people getting to rank 50, getting the blueprints then everyone just going rogue.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 08:12:50 PM »
The time spent rogue felt like it would have been better spent farming named npc's for loot and exp, but the experience was fun. I can see most people getting to rank 50, getting the blueprints then everyone just going rogue.

I agree....because endgame is a bit of a content vacuum right now. Hopefully more variety coming in April.

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
  • PSN: Batmarn1989
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 08:59:57 AM »
Players beware!
A Rogue @AkyraStrike is a hard target to hit.
A fun night last night killing a group of rogues and then going rogue for them to kill us. We had a stand off at the contaminated zone outside DZ02 checkpoint which is located up a ladder. A lot of chaos but a lot of fun. I believe we had a few run ins with @Jykel too.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »
Players beware!
A Rogue @AkyraStrike is a hard target to hit.

My Hunter shadestep training came. In handy.

Saved a few clips of rogue shenanigans, I'll put together a montage soon.

Was a fun night of going rogue and hunting rogues and quite entertaining when we found @Jykel and his group on the same server and had a running battle for a while, good fun  :up:

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
Late night seems to be best time to farm DZ rep and HE DZ drops. Rogue stuff can be fun but is inefficient for grinding.

After maybe 12ish we noticed we had a whole DZ to ourselves.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
Oh definitely inefficient for grinding levels, I lost more then I gained, but definitely fun.

Here's the video @PunkNuggetBM @Cooky_rooster @Jykel

Just a shame I missed what started it all with @ViRuSsK and I in our own party and randomly finding the others and deciding to attack.. Big apology to @euphoricx who seem to cop the brunt of that attack

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 05:01:22 PM »

Just a shame I missed what started it all with @ViRuSsK and I in our own party and randomly finding the others and deciding to attack.. Big apology to @euphoricx who seem to cop the brunt of that attack

No worries I didn't lose anything important as we just finished extracting earlier. But grrrrr, killing the DZ noob twice in a row
I bet it was virus idea *shakes

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
  • PSN: ViRuSsK
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 06:36:02 PM »

No worries I didn't lose anything important as we just finished extracting earlier. But grrrrr, killing the DZ noob twice in a row
I bet it was virus idea *shakes

I plead the 5th

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 07:43:48 PM »
At what level should i enter DZ?
I am level 11 now and the DZ entrance seems have unlocked?

(Still noob)