The Division - Darkzone

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
Re: The Division - Darkzone
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
I waited until level 30.. Already his DZ rank 19 or something..

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
Wait until level 30 to actually gear up, but you may want to venture in there for a little before that just to have a look (at lvl 14, or 19, 24 or 29 when you are top tier).
In the level 30 dz, its pretty hard to do anything solo now with the changes. You just get killed by rogue teams most of the time. (Rogue penalties where too harsh, now too lenient, so im sure they will balance it somewhere in the middle).
@SmashedPumpkin made a good suggestion, if there is 2 full groups of 4 and another person wants to play the dz, its a good idea to spread the players into 3 groups of 3 so everyone gets a go, that's the WpR way  :bff:
When new players get to lvl 30, we can have some geared up players help to get a feel for the dz and extract some loot.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:11:32 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline dekela

• Commoner
  • Origin: dekela-cshag-
  • PSN: dekela-cshag-
  • Steam: dekela
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 01:50:31 AM »
I've been in and out from as early as possible. I find at the lower levels there are less Rouge,  and more friendlies to hunt/extract with. I don't really see the point/need to wait till level 30, get in, get some gear and some rank. The worst that happens is you die, losing some DZ credits and xp, no biggy.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:17:57 AM by dekela »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »
@euphoricx

The Toad Is In The Open

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 11:18:04 AM »
Too scare to venture in on my own at level 14. Anyone happens to be as slow as me at 14 and wanna to go in as a group?

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
@euphoricx

The Toad Is In The Open

Hahaha that's beautiful to watch

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
  • PSN: Batmarn1989
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »

The Toad Is In The Open

You will not top this moment!
This pays many debts. A very Happy Easter watching this!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
Hahaha that's beautiful to watch

Happy to be of service! Haha

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »
Agents keep picking on me in the DZ.

@captainraincoat semperfid and myself taking care of some bullies

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
  • I don't think you act stupid, I'm sure it's real
  • PSN: Tweakzero
  • Steam: Tweakzero
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 03:19:00 AM »
@euphoricx

The Toad Is In The Open

Your welcome all lol...

Offline ViRuSsK

• Commoner
  • Quack
  • PSN: ViRuSsK
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 06:56:02 AM »
@euphoricx

The Toad Is In The Open

Your welcome all lol...

One day i will have my revenge.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 12:11:27 AM »

Fun times tonight.  A group of guys went rogue and took a good roof top spot to defend. After dying to them 3-4 times their timers dropped and they finally split up evening the fight a little. The result is the video below. The bit that doesn't show at the end is one of them coming back to kill me while I made sure I had the video, he started clapping then @AkyraStrike  killed him hahaha

[/youtube]

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »

Fun times tonight.  A group of guys went rogue and took a good roof top spot to defend. After dying to them 3-4 times their timers dropped and they finally split up evening the fight a little. The result is the video below. The bit that doesn't show at the end is one of them coming back to kill me while I made sure I had the video, he started clapping then @AkyraStrike  killed him hahaha

Nice one! Glad you got em all in the end, they sure gave us a run, shame we couldn't get em while they were still on manhunt mode. Wish I saved the part where I ran up and killed the guy that got you while he was clapping just to put this icing on the cake  :troll:

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 09:11:17 AM »
Was a fun night of going rogue and hunting rogues and quite entertaining when we found @Jykel and his group on the same server and had a running battle for a while, good fun  :up:

Yeah that was fun, we had 2 mates that had only just started playing DZ with us (me and Blacklegion1), so they got a very rapid intro to PvP land.  Not sure how it started but we tend to hunt down any rogues on a map ;)   There was a 3rd or 4th group in there as well, and from memory we sorta teamed up against them in the end.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »

Fun times tonight.
Nice video.
What are you using as your secondary? The vector seems to need to reload a lot and a few times it looked like you could have got the kill just by switching weapon and getting a few more shots in instead of trying to reload.
(I think this is why some people prefer the dz6 mp5 due to the larger magazine size over the vector).

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »

Fun times tonight.
Nice video.
What are you using as your secondary? The vector seems to need to reload a lot and a few times it looked like you could have got the kill just by switching weapon and getting a few more shots in instead of trying to reload.
(I think this is why some people prefer the dz6 mp5 due to the larger magazine size over the vector).

I had my marksman in instead of the AK so yeah your right but the bit with the last guy where i was just jumping around was because i knew he just popped survival link i was waiting for it to expire.

was funny as hell.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »
Yeah that was fun, we had 2 mates that had only just started playing DZ with us (me and Blacklegion1), so they got a very rapid intro to PvP land.  Not sure how it started but we tend to hunt down any rogues on a map ;)   There was a 3rd or 4th group in there as well, and from memory we sorta teamed up against them in the end.

I think it actually started when you guys were rogue at some point and our group chased you down and had a little skirmish with deaths on both sides, it was all good fun and definitely would've been a crash course into DZ PvP for your new guys  :up:

Yeah that other group was going rogue / hunting rogues as well and I think we all were taking turns taking each other out, probably one of the most fun nights I've had in the DZ (particularly because it started off with WpR vs WpR)  :up:

I still need to upload the video from the other night where we had 2 WpR teams on the same server and 3 of us circled those random guys that had been going rogue while we waited for @Tweakzero and @SmashedPumpkin to come and mow them down without warning, probably one of the funniest things I've seen as those 2 guys were focused on the other 3 of us and had no idea what happened.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:32 PM »
I think it actually started when you guys were rogue at some point and our group chased you down and had a little skirmish with deaths on both sides, it was all good fun and definitely would've been a crash course into DZ PvP for your new guys  :up:

Yeah that other group was going rogue / hunting rogues as well and I think we all were taking turns taking each other out, probably one of the most fun nights I've had in the DZ (particularly because it started off with WpR vs WpR)  :up:

I still need to upload the video from the other night where we had 2 WpR teams on the same server and 3 of us circled those random guys that had been going rogue while we waited for @Tweakzero and @SmashedPumpkin to come and mow them down without warning, probably one of the funniest things I've seen as those 2 guys were focused on the other 3 of us and had no idea what happened.

Yeah it was a crash course for them :)

We tried the 2 groups in one instance the other night, quickly learnt that turrets and seeker mines could be hazardous when both groups are rogue  8)  It was fun to send one group rogue and see who came hunting but we seemed to have issues identifying each other though, even with matching outfits between the groups.  oh and people walking in front of DMR users who were scoped in ;)

Offline dekela

• Commoner
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
Having reached lvl 30 and returning to the dark zone , I've come to a conclusion.  It is a bad idea to wait till this level to enter the DZ. Everyone is your rank or higher,  so you will most likely be under geared and under powered.  Be prepared to get smashed in PVP. At a lower lvl you can enter at the higher end of the player bracket, hopefully giving you better gear than your opponent. The lower lvl DZ also seems much easier to team up with randoms,  killing AI and extracting gear. I often found groups of 5-7 that I could run with. If anyone went rogue in the group,  they were gunned down immediately,  most often returning after respawn. As a solo player in the lvl 30 DZ, you will most likely be KOS, as there doesn't seem to be any trust, or willingness to cooperate. Perhaps this is due to reaching level cap on the outside, with all the HE gear, there is no longer a need to grind the DZ. Given there are no missions in the DZ, just roaming AI and chests, perhaps it due to boredom. I don't know the reason,  but I know in the lower lvl DZ,  it seems more co-op PVE, and in the lvl 30 DZ it's all TDM and PVP. Ultimately it's up to the individual,  but I can see I will be enjoying the DZ less at lvl 30, than I did at lower levels.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »
dek, are you on ps4 or pc for this title?
🐵💤

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
dek, are you on ps4 or pc for this title?
Ps4

Offline dekela

• Commoner
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2016, 02:29:34 PM »
^^

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
DPS vs Stamina ;)  2 mates of mine were in the DZ yesterday when I logged on, both players rocking about 200~210K DPS Vectors with about 75K in stamina.  They came across a group of rogues, mowed down 3, leaving 1 lone rogue. Then the fun started. 

While I was loading in, all I could hear were calls like, 'He's just not losing health', 'This is BS he just wont go down' etc.  This went on for quite a few minutes until my mates literally ran out of ammo.  In the end, they let him go.  They simply could not do enough damage to take him down.  He apparently keep rolling and was using first aid and a supply station (and med kits) to keep his health up. (no mask glitch either)

One of my mates sent him a message asking about his build, after a while the guy replied he runs 125K stamina, which gives him over 180K with an overheal.  He plays decoy for his team and normally tries to be the bait.

So we had to do some testing.  In a team of 3, we ran:
 - 145K DPS, 121K Health, 15k SP   
 - 210K DPS, 75K Health, 15K SP
 - 110K DPS, 95K Health, 44k SP

This combo worked a lot better in PvP encounters, with our tank drawing fire, DPS flanking and engi tech bombing.  We all used 1st aid with triage to ensure a lot of healing/overhealing and quick skill resets.  Not the best combo for trying to hold down a roof top or position, as the DPS would die quickly, but worked great for being out in the open and running the subways rogue.  We held a roof top for a while but needed at tank at both access points when 6+ rogue hunters come knocking.

We definitely wouldn't use it in PvE and it did make killing NPCs in the DZ tougher but a high stamina build can be hard to drop and fun to try if you have some DPS buddies :)   
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:41:06 AM by Jykel »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »
A very interesting tactic there Jykel. I've seen similar things where you just cannot seem to drop a guy, yet he's barely scratching you either. It makes sense to have someone run a set up like this if you're going to deliberately go rogue and possibly have 1 with high electronics to spam skills, with 2x DPS, set up like a real MMO 2x DPS, 1x Tank and 1x healer/support

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »
Not 100% sold on it yet but havent tried it with 4 players, with only 1 DPS we struggled with level 32 DZ mobs.   So hunting a rogue group that fled north and aggro-ed the mobs made the chase interesting.

We will try it again tonight hunting rogue groups.