The Division - Show Us Your Gear

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
The Division - Show Us Your Gear
« on: March 24, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
A thread to show and discuss your gear.
Whether its that pom pom scarf you got, a chest piece or a gun.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
Re: The Division - Show Us Your Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »
I am pretty happy with my Shoreline Jacket, its green. Matches my gun  :up:

I also am really happy with my High End Socom M1A marksman rifle. Still working on getting some decent mods for it.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »
I am pretty happy with my Shoreline Jacket, its green. Matches my gun  :up:

I also am really happy with my High End Socom M1A marksman rifle. Still working on getting some decent mods for it.

Show us your
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Stats where a little bugged out, but i have 2300 firearms, 1800 stamina & 1900 electronics.
Talents are: Competent (weapon damage increased 13% for 10sec after using skill), Deadly (Critical hit damaged inscreased 26%) and Vicious (Critical hit chance increased 13% when full health).
I dont think the talents are calculated into the DPS stat?
With smart cover (which i have up almost 100% due to Caduceus talents) gets 100k headshots, averages a 200 - 300k critical headshots every 3rd/4th shot. Sometimes it can proc 400k headshots, and the highest ive hit is a 500k headshot against elites with bonus damage to them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:47:29 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 07:57:13 PM »
I think some talents are used in DPS calculation, but not every talent. With about the same damage number, and exactly the same mods, I crafted a weapon with 25k higher DPS than a previously crafted one.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 03:50:18 PM »
I think some talents are used in DPS calculation, but not every talent. With about the same damage number, and exactly the same mods, I crafted a weapon with 25k higher DPS than a previously crafted one.

Yeah the DPS will take into account some weapon talents.  I had an AK with lower per bullet damage but its DPS was higher as it had brutal and fierce on it.  The in game DPS also uses the accuracy stat as a measure for headshots, which is why balanced and mods with accuracy will bump up the DPS. 

I run a few different gear setups depending on what I am doing:

- firearms 2.8k, stamina 2.8k, elect: 1k
 - firearms 2.1k, stamina 2.1k, elect: 2.3k
 - firearms 1.2k, stamina 2.2k, elect: 3.2k (44K - max/cap for pulse, BFB and smart cover ;))

I use the last one for CMs, support class making the DPS guys even stronger with pulse, as I can keep pulse & smart cover up 100% of the time, and only 3 players need smart cover if your stacking it. 

I got some really lucky rolls with gear and invested in gear mod blueprints.  5/6 gear mod slots with mods of 130~141 of all 3 types can also make it easy to bump/change specific stats (stamina ones can have up to 2k skill power as the bonus effect, still trying to roll 5 of those :))

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
  • I don't think you act stupid, I'm sure it's real
  • PSN: Tweakzero
  • Steam: Tweakzero
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »
Crafted another vector this time got headshot and crit dmge but 3rd talent was shit still good for 175k dps

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Ill get another pic with talents later

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 01:30:32 PM »
Nice tweak. Whats your firearms, Stam and electric stats?

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
2750, 2600, 1010 ,

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »
4650 armor,  19.5k skill power

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
So farmed a boss to try get an Aug, prick droped me a vector.... (stats are bugged out here real numbers are 3400 fa 2250 sta and 950 elec)

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:36:26 AM »
I'm not going to worry to much about the dps number on my marksman rifle  anymore. (See video in Useful links thread) Using the spreadsheet https://mobile.twitter.com/Vesp_Skillup/status/710242218628362240
It gives accurate dps for all guns (+/- 10%) except marksman rifles.

Playing around with a police mk 17 at 130k dps and a Socom M1A at 91k dps, the M1A outperforms before even proc'ing the weapon damage boost from using a skill. Entering the stats of my M1A  in the spreadsheet it has a theoretical 298k dps

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:59:28 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »
Wasn't sure where to put this but I guess this is the closest thread we have to a gear discussion.

I brought the Navy MP5 blueprint last night (DZ06 safehouse) and crafted one, didn't get a very good roll but its base damage was only slightly less then the Vector I have (and my Vector is a half decent roll with Ferocious / Destructive / Deadly) and I'm completely underwhelmed by the MP5.

Pros: I don't know if it's the base stats, mods or talents doing it, but the MP5 is extremely stable compared to the Vector and allows me to hit the target more then the (only slight) wrestle to keep the Vector on target. It also has close to double the clip of the Vector with a decent extended mag.

Cons: On the rolls I have, MP5 seems to do close to half the damage per shot then the Vector (even though there's only a 1,000 different in the base DMG stat, so it only really catches the damage the Vector does by using twice the bullets. Net effect being running around the darkzone last night I was running out of bullets much quicker.

Again, maybe its that my Vector has a half decent roll and the MP5 is a rubbish one, but I can't see talents improving it so much to the point it knocks the Vector off it's perch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:26:17 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »
Probably comes down to personal preference Akrya, the Vector is better sustained damage, the MP5 more bursty. 

I got a lucky roll on my MP5, and with a rate of fire/mag size mod and high crit chance/dmg, I prefer it to my Vector.  None of my mates do, they all still rock the Vector.     

Ammo is an issue in the DZ, but I have a nice RPK-74 LMG I use against NPCs and save the MP5 for gankers/rogues/CQC.  The RPK can be setup super stable, 830 RPM, 86 in the clip (RoF/MagSize mod) and suits me better than an assault rifle.  I tend to switch out the LMG for the DMR when we see a rogue and start hunting, MP5 always in slot 1.

LMG has great range and a higher headshot multiplier than an SMG, add in a good tact pulse and save ya SMG for CQC :)

PvE and challenge modes are different, you get ammo crates at every corner and the playstyles/roles vary etc.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »
OK so im back at work and bored... soo i have decided to put together a massive list of my current gear and what im hoping to get with explanations for all starting with weapons.

So each bit of gear:

Weapons:
SMG: I have tried everything - MP5 , Aug , Vector

I can say that as much as ppl argue of whats better in my experience unless you get a max dmge rolled Aug (its iLvl 30) it will be out done by the MP5 and vector so move on.
The MP5 is great for PVP if you roll a good one... why is it great? well a decently geared player can take my full vector clip to the head and remain with the tinniest slither of HP - In the same scenario even though it would take 3-5s more to inflict the same dmge in the end the result is your still shooting and you will get the kill.
My Choice is the Vector.... well when you can craft till you run out of mats your bound to roll a good one.
I settled on one that rolled 50 dmge off max has 8% Crit Chance , 26% crit Dmge , and Accurate (pretty good for a smg).

Ar's:
BM AK47 or the DZ06 burstfire one (SA-something i think hahaha).
The black Market AR is a beast when modded correctly does decent dmge.
Burstfire AR is very very stable does HIGH dmge per shot but...is burst fire and your finger gets tired other than that its the best AR ive used.

Given i am mainly a SMG user i neglected AR's for a while but recently i found a BM AK47 that had crit chance crit dmge and stability talents, this changed my perception of AR's its almost a requirement for that stability talent though.
My choice here is the BM- AK47 but only as a "i ran out of SMG ammo" option as smgs far out perform Ar's in every aspect.

LMG: No...Nope...No...

Marksman Rifles:
M1a or custom M44
This allll boils down to how you like to play, i personally find that on console i take time to line up sweet sweet headshots and after the 1st or 2nd hit the enemy usually moves, this makes me favour the high alpha guns like the M44 but there are others who can line up several headshots over n over and for that style use the M1A.
I have managed to roll a Armour dmge , crit dmge , headshot dmge Custom M44 - it is my favourite gun, fully buffed you hit things for 600-900k behind smart cover you crack the 1mil mark.

Shotguns:
End game.... probably not.
fun factor 9999999 , using the HE super 90 on hard mode missions was fun as fck having the One is None talent and hitting headshot means you wont reload most of the time.
But for end game content shotties just dont perform well enough.

So what sort of talents would you consider a "good" roll.

i'll break it down into 2 groups 1st being weapons that you can and plan to consistently get head shots (Marksmans).
The second is one your not worried about headshoting.

So iMo - the one talent thats worth more than anything as the game currently stands is:
Deadly: Critical hit damage is increased by x%.

followed by Fierce: Critical hit chance is increased by x% when using this weapon. (free's up gear slots for better things - see gear info on next post)

the 3rd talents to look out for by weapon are:
Marksman - Brutal: Headshot damage is increased by x% when using this weapon.
                  Balanced: Weapon acquires maximum accuracy faster when shouldered.(For M1A)
                  Destructive: Armor destruction value is increased by x% when using this weapon. (PVE huge DPS jump)

SMGs  -  Destructive: Armor destruction value is increased by x% when using this weapon.(PVE huge DPS jump)
             Brutal: Headshot damage is increased by x% when using this weapon.
             Accurate: Accuracy is increased by x%

AR's -     Stable: Stability is improved by x%. (pretty much a must have if you want to spam whole mag's)
             Destructive: Armor destruction value is increased by x% when using this weapon.(PVE huge DPS jump)

Shot guns - Destructive: Armor destruction value is increased by x% when using this weapon.(PVE huge DPS jump)
                  Trained: Critical hits increase signature skill resources by 0.01%. (works good with SG pellets)

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 01:27:43 PM »
Great info there Tweakzero.
I also love using a HE shotgun for fun. It can compete against smgs <10min range.
I mainly use marksman rifle (m1a) but use assault rifle as a secondary.
The tatical ACR is decent but my favourite is the Caduceus. It's got a higher damage per bullet and lower rate of fire,  & really stable. Talent Coolheaded makes you have skills up almost all the time.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »
So now my armour items.

Mask:
Talent - right now Rehabilitated: When you are affected by a status effect you are healed for 2% every second.
          - Once rehab is fixed Rejuvenated: Consuming a medkit also removes all negative status effects from you.

Stats - SKILL POWER!! - don't worry about a shitty 4-5% crit chance trust me the SP is worth much much more.
           Mod slots - Beats anything else give you flexibility.

Chest -
Talent - Right now Reckless: You deal 13% more damage and receive 10% more damage. (bugged and gives you 135+    dmge and - yes "minus" 10% dmge taken)
           Vigorous: All your healing skills have Over Heal enabled. (this allows you to use the first aid skill modded with the increased dmge/dmge resistance mod) this basically gives you a flat 15% dmge hike and a flat 15% dmge resistance while over healing you).
Stats - Armour!! (500+ roll would be best)
        - Mod slots - Beats anything else give you flexibility.

Gloves -
Talent - Right now Reckless: You deal 13% more damage and receive 10% more damage. (bugged and gives you 135+    dmge and - yes "minus" 10% dmge taken) this also stacks.... so 26% dmge + 20% dmge res is toooo good to pass up atm. Not one confirmed Screenshot of gloves with reckless so might be a myth.
Once fixed Savage: Your Critical hit chance is increased by 13% against targets out of cover. - most PVP targets are out of cover...
Stats - Crit Chance (5.5+)
           Crit Dmge (36+)
           If you are short on SMG dps (you shouldn't be) get + 400 SMG dmge , otherwise get 2k+ Marksman dmge.

Holster:
Talents - Sturdy: Your armor is increased by 12.5% when you stay more than y seconds in the same cover. beats everything else..

Stats - 3 primaries!!! FA|Stam|ELEC
          Armour!

Knee Pads:

Talents - Perceptive: Your Item find and Gold find bonuses are increased by 25%. (only real useful one)

Stats - Armour!!!
          Crit Hit Dmge.

Back Pack:

Talent - Specialized: 13% of your Firearms and Stamina are added to your Skill Power. (not sure if by design but it gives 13% of your FA + Stam to your ELECTRONICS stats not SP so you end up with alot more SP that the 500 odd you'd get if it did what it said. - remember all the SP bonus we have on our gear its now posible to stack 20k+ more than enough without a SINGLE piece of elec gear cept the 3 stat holster remember)

Stats - Skill power!!!
        - Amour (if you skill need it to hit 4750 cap) - Crit hit dmge if you dont
        - Mod slots - Beats anything else give you flexibility. 

Mods - in my build i focused getting Crit chance capped by use of my weapon mods and the weapon itself this allowed me to focus on + armour mods - you could have armour rolled on everything and use + 1.5% crit chance mods too its up to you this is why it important to have as many mod slots as possible to be able to compensate for a upgrade that doesn't have a stat you need.

Following this sort of gearing you end up with in the current game has

150k-250k DPS

65k-90k HP

18k-25k SP

Capped armour 65% dmge reduction.

26% inc dmge with 20% dmge reduction.

2% hp regen non stop.

Capped 60% crit chance

over 175% crit dmge

340% Headshot dmge with marksman.

just a brain dump of everything ive learned gearing wise since i started playing hopefully it helps some ppl out.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:18:04 PM by Tweakzero »

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:14 PM »
Great info tweak. Now i just need to get to level 30 :)

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
So tested out a new build last night , has my lowest dps (mainly coz this vector has destructive on it) ive ever used which is noticeable BUT with this build i was able to basically stand there and eat shots from multiple challenge mode enemies. I am ready for incusions :) if anyone wants to give the same sort of set up a go just let me know id be happy to discuss what talents i ha e and gear etc

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 10:44:58 AM »
So tested out a new build last night , has my lowest dps (mainly coz this vector has destructive on it) ive ever used which is noticeable BUT with this build i was able to basically stand there and eat shots from multiple challenge mode enemies. I am ready for incusions :) if anyone wants to give the same sort of set up a go just let me know id be happy to discuss what talents i ha e and gear etc

That build last night was beast.

I Originally had an AK with crit hit chance and crit hit damage but to activate the talent I needed to increase electronics. This made my health ~48k so was not worth it. After seeing your build absorb shots like that last night that I ended up changing my whole loadout. Re-rolled a vector, and got my health back up above 80k.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »

That build last night was beast.

I Originally had an AK with crit hit chance and crit hit damage but to activate the talent I needed to increase electronics. This made my health ~48k so was not worth it. After seeing your build absorb shots like that last night that I ended up changing my whole loadout. Re-rolled a vector, and got my health back up above 80k.

Yep something tells me Stamina is the new king FA will get knocked off its perch soon.
Once the sets come out and assuming you can get 6 parts of each i think going 3 sentry 3 striker will give you incredibly high DPS (for PVE, 20% armour dmge , 100% crit hit , 30% HS dmge , 20% elite dmge) so stacking stamina wont mean your build is gimped damage wise. I mean sure the FA build's will def out DPS it but when you have like 100k HP shit tons of armour and almost every Dmge resistance in the game running i would say the build will perform well and be a stable platform to learn incursions on.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:08 AM »
Tested out the Tactician's Build with the Caduceus. Works quite well.

Tactician's gear x 4 & strikers gear x 2.
97k / 61k / 27k with 64% damage mitagation. 40% skill haste. 198 gear score.
Its a shame the holster only has 2 stats (no firearms). Hopefully this skill build will be good enough for challenge runs.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:51:39 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:08 AM »
I changed my set up a little bit also to take advantage of strikers gear i found, i have a 240 gs stalker chest but im not swaping till they fix reckless. Melts anything in front of me. Still survives most players and all npcs

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »
Tactician's gear x 4 & strikers gear x 2.
97k / 61k / 27k with 64% damage mitagation. 40% skill haste. 198 gear score.
Its a shame the holster only has 2 stats (no firearms). Hopefully this skill build will be good enough for challenge runs.

I'd still be worried about how low that health is.

My build is still very much a WIP, but I'm sitting on 127k / 90k  / 21k with the full 65% armour damage mitigation and I was still getting 2 shot by shotgunners in the incursion challenge mode. With that health surely you'd be 1 shot every time?