Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
Re: Watch Dogs 2
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
Yeah, i'd have to agree with @M-Rossi
I really like the 1st one, and was expecting something better here, but it does feel like a story is somewhat lacking or at least the direction/drive for it.

One thing I don't like that seems like a change from the 1st (unless i'm just slower) is that when you are spotted and someone tries to call for backup, it's always some guy who is out of reach/hiding and you have zero chance of stopping. I've done a few where I'll sit there and fight it out... other times i'll just stand there and die and redo the mission.

The 1 thing i do find, which is probably a negative given I have limited play time, is that I find myself just strolling/driving around with no real purpose.
A few times i've actually joined in the traffic queues waiting for lights to change. Even had a mini biker gang going where I rode along side a number of other bikers.
Or playing spectator when some women is going full bogan with the verbal abuse before royally whopping some guys ass and he runs away. HAHAHA.

Online seems to be non-existent too. Tried a few different MP types and just don't get any matches.

Yeah so far, not the best game, but I'm still happily turning it on at the moment, so go figure.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 01:17:13 PM »
One thing I don't like that seems like a change from the 1st (unless i'm just slower) is that when you are spotted and someone tries to call for backup, it's always some guy who is out of reach/hiding and you have zero chance of stopping. I've done a few where I'll sit there and fight it out... other times i'll just stand there and die and redo the mission.
Seems to be the norm, in almost every encounter, i get spotted then reinforcements called and i just proceed to melee takedown every enemy until the area is clear. I thought the first did stealth gameplay good, but not as good as Assassin creed, but wd2 feels like a step backward. Also guns blazing doesnt work since more reinforcements gets called indefinitely then cops start coming too.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
I said this to some relatives on my personal social channels, Watch Dogs 2 has an identity crisis IMO.

Ubisoft struggled to recover from the first titles downfalls and they wanted to tweak their audience appeal and we ended up with a young hipster who was accused of a crime he didn't commit all of a sudden become a murderer which is 10x worse of the crime he was accused for, at least Aiden Pearce had a reason to be killing Blume employees.

I have to agree that Watch Dogs 1 did stealth good, I'm yet to be able to replicate this video I made in WD1

It just feels like all the characters are trying too hard, I kinda prefer the darker tone of the first game. Also, this is the first Ubisoft title (I think) where Ubi are trying to do away with scripted storylines and allow the player to complete the story however they like with a bunch of missions that can be completed in any order, it doesn't work (at least for Watch Dogs) and if this is the future of Ubisoft games, I probably won't stick around for long.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 02:48:46 PM »
if this is the future of Ubisoft games, I probably won't stick around for long.

After the farce that The Division became and never really recovered from and The Assassins Creed games going to absolute sh*t, I'm massively skeptical of an Ubisoft game these games. I thought Watch Dogs (1) was a decent enough game but just a little under cooked (and over hyped following their infamous preview builds at games conferences), its a shame they couldn't step the series up a notch.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 10:36:19 AM »
I returned my copy to ebgames a few days ago, i just wasnt into it. I couldnt even get into the story and didnt want to get 7 days of play before returning.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 04:40:00 PM »
reached the final mission of the game but not going to continue until I can upgrade some more nodes.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 04:54:32 PM »
reached the final mission of the game but not going to continue until I can upgrade some more nodes.

I think i'm still a few main missions away from that... but I totally forgot about the upgrades.
Don't think I'd done one since the very beginning as I opened it the other night and have 60pts to spend.

AM i playing this wrong? or is it just not a requirement anymore. I was sure in WD1 it was damn difficult to complete some missions if you didnt have certain perks.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »

I think i'm still a few main missions away from that... but I totally forgot about the upgrades.
Don't think I'd done one since the very beginning as I opened it the other night and have 60pts to spend.

AM i playing this wrong? or is it just not a requirement anymore. I was sure in WD1 it was damn difficult to complete some missions if you didnt have certain perks.

No no, I don't think you are. I got most of the way done too before I decided to focus on upgrades. Some of the upgrades do make your life easier though but I do agree that the original pushed you to do the side missions to get the upgrades before continuing.

Some upgrades like "Higher jump on the RC car" are extremely helpful to move around the map and others like use less energy when hacking are also helpful.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:10:28 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • Xbox Live: doombirdzero (360)
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
Ever since they fixed and turned multiplayer on, its gotten more fun. Whether you initiate it and look for trouble, or trouble comes looking for you :p

I tried some bounty hunt on the weekend - 3 minutes of mayhem :p

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:37:04 AM by ghosthunter »
Praise the Sun!

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 10:59:24 AM »
edit: i'll post here, rather than the wall of pride thread since it's mostly talk about the game itself :D

Watch dogs 2 platinum.

A little grindy on some parts, but had some enjoyable aspects.
Now time to offload/trade the sucker.

Nice work, think I'm about 70% I just keep getting side tracked wanting to do crazy stunts and silly things now lol!

Yeah. I spent way too much time just blending in. Driving with the traffic instead of blitzing past, what a loser!
Also just walking about listening to the comments, picking fights... watching fights. Pissing people off sticking my camera in their faces.

A few NPC have a serious problem with you hiding around the side of a building operating a drone. I've been attacked whilst i have the drone flying about.

I called the cops on 1 NPC, 2 came, threw the guy in the back of the car... then 1 cop jumped in and left the other one behind... hilarious watching him running down the road chasing the car.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 02:15:17 AM »