The Division - Incursions

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
The Division - Incursions
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »
Incursions drop 12 April 2016

Full details in the DLC thread:
http://thewhirlpoolresistance.com/index.php/topic,1837.msg65120.html#msg65120

So to kick off the discussion on all this, it feels to me like these incursions are something cross between a nightfall and a raid (to reference Destiny). Basically a harder mission which boots you if you wipe (Nightfall) but has set gear to earn and you will need Hard Mode set gear to do Challenge mode (Raid).

A lot of nice little changes coming along with it, the death cam in particular will be nice as it helps you call out stuff to team mates, trading of course is nice for those that are luckier with drops then others and kind enough to share and it's nice to see some new DZ activities too.

And then theres the "weekly assignments" *cough*bounties*cough*, nice to have something else to do other then farm CM or DZ every night and especially if we can get some div tech from them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:57:38 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
Re: TD - Incursions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:22 AM »
Only briefly looked at the game changes and incursions info but all looks good. I'll have an in depth look after.
I'm quite excited.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:32:15 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
Re: The Division - Incursions
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »
I think I'll split my time between Destiny and Division after these launch updates on the same day.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
So looks like we will need to be quite organised (pre plan incursion nights like destiny raids; check the Clan Nights section and put your name down) & have different play styles and skills to create senergy.
---------------------------
I'll be working towards the Sniper gear set and happy to trade for it.
For incursions I'll be running a sniper / support role.
Marksman rifle primary ~98k dps, assault rifle secondary ~110k dps, ~61k health & ~21k tech. Hoping to increase these a stats. Running Support Station (ammo cache) & Smart Cover (recharger).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:43:57 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »
I think rather then outright stating what role you'll always do, we will have to adjust on the fly, for instance I typically prefer to run a support role with support stations + ammo cache and first aid with defib so I can revive others at distance.

But, based on the stats you've just given Rossi, I would need to take on a DPS role as my Assault rifle DPS is approx 140k, SMG 130k and Marksman at 125k and thats with me still having 80k health.

Offline PunkNuggetBM

• Clan Member
  • There can be only one!
  • PSN: Batmarn1989
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 11:43:58 AM »
DPS role as well for me as my stats pretty much mirror Akyra's. I wouldn't mind trying out some tankier options in the future though.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
  • I don't think you act stupid, I'm sure it's real
  • PSN: Tweakzero
  • Steam: Tweakzero
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
Based on what we have seen gameplay wise i think we will need something like

Straight up brawler DPS (180k+) DPS skills (pulse, smart cover)
Flanker DPS/tank (still 120k+ but massive armour and massive HP pool) Self preservation skills (First aid with dmge/res buff , smart cover)
Support low DPS high elect and HP(support station , pulse)
CC support mid range dps , hp and elec ( Flash sticky - Flame turret or airburst BFB).

something like that would work well with each playing their roles.

for missions that dont need so much CC you could go a full blown 4000 + FA build with a sniper that could top 200k dps to just pick off enemies.

thing is we are going to have to "pick" only 1-2 of these roles as you just dont have the stash space to spec into 3 or more. 

it does change the game alot also where if you are solo your basically up shit creek and can't do shit till your mates log on.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 11:57:34 AM »
I think rather then outright stating what role you'll always do, we will have to adjust on the fly,

Thats a fair point.

With my current build though, i cant seem to increase my dps / health without sacrificing my tech.
I previously had 120k dps 80k health with lower tech, but for both my weapons talents to kick in i need 19k tech, so i have re rolled stats on my HE gear to make it work. (Also i have a purple M1A with 120k dps atm but my gold M1A 95k out performs due to talents).

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »
but for both my weapons talents to kick in i need 19k tech, so i have re rolled stats on my HE gear to make it work.

Some talents aren't worth activating if it's going to nerf your build though.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 01:59:10 PM »
HE Gear mods will also be your friends in incursions, especially (hopefully) if they require a team to switch builds for tackling different sections.  You can quickly and easily move around over 700~900 points between base stats with the same gear.   So a DPS can quickly become a Techxpert by switching mods.

One high tech/skill character with pulse/smart cover will be super handy.  With 44k in skill power, that player can keep pulse and smart cover up 100% of the time (tact pulse @ 40% Crit Chance, regen smart cover giving 70% dmg reduction.)  Helps free other players up for CC and healing, given smart cover reduction is capped at 85%. 

A maxed out pulse also seriously boosts a teams overall DPS, giving most SMG users 100% crit chance (if they have hit the gear cap of 60%).  Crit damage bonus should be well over 80% too.  So DPS players can afford to run a few more stamina points/mods, DPS = 0 if you not alive ;)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 02:14:29 PM »
HE Gear mods will also be your friends in incursions, especially (hopefully) if they require a team to switch builds for tackling different sections.  You can quickly and easily move around over 700~900 points between base stats with the same gear.   So a DPS can quickly become a Techxpert by switching mods.

You're 100% correct but I would strongly advise not to have gear mods on any gear you are not using, the reason being this is part of the reason people are experiencing the backpack glitch that is locking them out of the game.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1418016-Connectivity-Infinite-Loading-Crafting?p=11550882&viewfull=1#post11550882

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »
Some talents aren't worth activating if it's going to nerf your build though.
I think you may be right. With my current build which i have been using for the past week, i dont feel i am outputting more damage but i've lost health and am very squishy (getting 1 shot alot), but may have been supporting better with more up time of skills.

I can change my HE weapons to purples on current stats and instantly get +20k dps on marksman and assault, if i then respec to remove the tech and add firearms and stamina; i may be able to get dps and health up +20k. I am going to play around with this over the next week.

Regarding Gear Scores, watching the footage from the stream, it looks like Gear set items have gear score of 201, the golds 201 (not sure but i assume they were lvl 31 ones) and purples 131 (assuming lvl 31).
I remember the required gear score for incursions was 150, so I am assuming the players gear score will be an average of their total gear.
The stream also mentions other missions will now have a Recommended gear score (but not required like the Incursion has).
Also the gear score will be generated using the best possible combination from your Inventory (not necessarily whats equipped) to avoid deliberate low gearing of gear score in the dz (to stop grieving etc). Since after you hit lvl 30, that lvl will no longer be shown above character, but Gear Score will be shown.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:35:19 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 03:37:07 PM »
I think you may be right. With my current build which i have been using for the past week, i dont feel i am outputting more damage but i've lost health and am very squishy (getting 1 shot alot), but may have been supporting better with more up time of skills.

Exactly, can't do DPS or heal people if you're dead  :troll:

I only run with 10k skill and find my skills are usually ready when I think of them / need them, and if you're running Supply Station + ammo cache, it also reduces skill cooldown to help too.

Regarding Gear Scores, watching the footage from the stream, it looks like Gear set items have gear score of 201, the golds 201 (not sure but i assume they were lvl 31 ones) and purples 131 (assuming lvl 31).
I remember the required gear score for incursions was 150, so I am assuming the players gear score will be an average of their total gear.
The stream also mentions other missions will now have a Recommended gear score (but not required like the Incursion has).
Also the gear score will be generated using the best possible combination from your Inventory (not necessarily whats equipped) to avoid deliberate low gearing of gear score in the dz (to stop grieving etc). Since after you hit lvl 30, that lvl will no longer be shown above character, but Gear Score will be shown.

It's all sounding very "Light Level" to me  :troll:

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 12:53:36 AM »
First screenshots from the incursion 'Falcon Lost'

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
Exactly, can't do DPS or heal people if you're dead  :troll:
I was playing around with using different skills last night.
I found the First Aid (overdose) and Sticky Bomb with the Caduceus equipped to be a nice combo. BFB hits for ~130k, but flash is great for stunning enemies allowing your team to kill them easier.
Basically had my skills up continuously (just getting a few headshots) and didnt die because I could pop a heal every several seconds (get an overheal mostly, by the time overheal and half health is gone I can pop another heal). Only minor drawback was I was getting low on ammo not running the Ammo cache, also the Caduceus does a bit less damage overall than my Socom M1A.

Might run First Aid more often (over Support Station), and think which 2nd skill would support a group better. The sticky bomb with flash works great for crowd control, Pulse for crit damage, Smart Cover (but it no longer stacks).
We may need to be more dynamic and change skills depending on the others in a particular group.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »
Some of the developers couldnt beat incursions without using a bug   ~17min  (of which will be fixed when incursions is out)
https://soundcloud.com/thedivisiongame/the-division-podcast-episode-9-incursions-and-beyond

Maybe the rehabilitation glitch?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 06:52:22 AM »

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 10:02:06 AM »

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 07:34:38 AM »
So did you guys run the incursion last night? How did you go?

Haven't done it myself yet, looking to get this done tomorrow or friday night :)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »
So did you guys run the incursion last night? How did you go?

Haven't done it myself yet, looking to get this done tomorrow or friday night :)

Tried the incursion but stopped somewhere at wave 8-11. A little teamwork is needed but it's not a vastly different experience like the developers hyped it to be.

A little disappointed with the update TBH.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 08:37:07 AM »
@Tweakzero @euphoricx @SmashedPumpkin and I got up to wave 11 of 15... we got bogged down at that point as the enemies keep spawning if you don't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Gave up after a few wipes as wipes reset you to 0.

A little disappointed with the update TBH.

That's an understatement. Nice to see it raining golds.. shame they're all useless.. and the incursion is just a poor mans Prison of Elders.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »
So a few things.

1. Golds are great...except when they are basically nothing more than polished turds (ilvl30 items) that are really just crafting mats...sorry A crafting mat.
2. Crafting is still the ONLY way to get the BiS weapons....its just much much much harder to do now.
3. Incursion was bugged at wave 11 :) lol... the APC is NOT meant to fire the rockets in the fashion it was (basically covering an area so large you'd have to roll 3 times to get out of the way...god help you if your in a room)

I was super excited to be able to play a loot game like a loot game and actually look at what i found and see if it was any good but this is not whats happened ... its now just purples=golds and crafting is way harder.

Not impressed at all - Wonder if they will make the lvl 32's actually drop ilvl32 gear if they do then fine problem solved if not then this was all a big joke and i will not be buying the season pass.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
----- SPOILER ------

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:26:50 AM by Ant »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4egsoc/tipsthings_that_arent_immediately_obvious_in_the/

Some handy tips in this post. Some we already knew, some we worked out last night, but a good helpful list.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »