• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: The Division - Incursions
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »
Thanks @M-Rossi and @Tweakzero for taking Daniel and I through this for the first time.  I hope Ubi can come up with something better for future Incursions, just throwing waves of bad guys at you in the same area just added to the feel of grind within this game.  It was good to get through in a reasonable time on the first attempt though!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 10:58:16 AM »
You guys did well. It helps having Tweakzero leading the charge  :up:

As I said last night, the challenge missions can be fun, but the incursion is just mind numbering.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
  • I don't think you act stupid, I'm sure it's real
  • PSN: Tweakzero
  • Steam: Tweakzero
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
@Ant  anytime man.

now you've seen the HM version i can explain the CM part...its exactly the same but enemies have like 5x the HP and you can take 3-5 shots from the normal enemies , 1-2 from snipers and 1 hit from the shotgunners.

Very unforgiving.

Heres an extract from reddit that i found apt.

These are all good points, but from a game design standpoint the problem with this mission is that every time a wipe happens it feels cheap. Aside from when I was learning how to do the mission on challenge mode, every wipe I've had felt cheap. I've completed CM FL at least 10 times now. Every time I've wiped since my first completion (wipes due to bugs aside) its been to shotgunners cheesing the entire group to death. I imagine the mission if they were to nerf the shotgunner damage, and it would be an absolute cakewalk. The shotgunners are the only difficult part of the mission. This is a huge problem and points to lazy design.
There's nothing in this mission that makes me think after wiping, "Oh, here is the mistake we made, this is how we should have handled that situation." It's always something like every single shotgunner coming down both stairs at the same time while we only have 1 Security Link left, or Security link randomly not being applied correctly to 1 player in the group who is downed, whose DPS could have meant the difference in taking down the last shotgunner. Any wave that doesn't have shotgunners (Not counting agent shotgunners) I consider an easy relaxing wave. On these waves, what you can't do and what needs to be done is clear, and if you do what you aren't supposed to or don't do what you are supposed to do, you will die.
On shotgunner waves, your entire team can do exactly what they are supposed to do, and still be completely destroyed in ~3 seconds. It is cheap and lazy and boring, with no clear solution other than to retry and hope the AI behaves differently the next time.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2016, 03:10:03 PM »
not a bad way of running it.

better than sitting in the pit.

JEM7vwh

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2016, 09:18:27 PM »
Thanks @M-Rossi and @Tweakzero for taking Daniel and I through this for the first time.  I hope Ubi can come up with something better for future Incursions, just throwing waves of bad guys at you in the same area just added to the feel of grind within this game.  It was good to get through in a reasonable time on the first attempt though!

I would like to say an extra thank you as the FL dropped an extra piece of my Sentry's call gear and a HE M1A I have been after for the last 3 weeks. Hopefully I can progress faster and join you guys on the new 'Broken Circle' incursion that is coming out soon.

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »
I would like to say an extra thank you as the FL dropped an extra piece of my Sentry's call gear and a HE M1A I have been after for the last 3 weeks. Hopefully I can progress faster and join you guys on the new 'Broken Circle' incursion that is coming out soon.

No probs, here hoping its not another "Broken Circle Jerk" :P

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
Ive made some new division mates over the past few weeks but i am happy to run some incursions with the old crew if u guys are on. I will waiting for the patch and jumping right into FL on hard to try get some new sets asap

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »
I held on to the game just to check out the new content. But I'll most likely sell/trade it soon

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22:11 AM »
I held on to the game just to check out the new content. But I'll most likely sell/trade it soon

How much would you like for the game :)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2016, 09:30:10 AM »

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:39 AM »

I can get $45 cash from CEX unless you want it?

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

Does that include postage? Or I can come collect from K-Man. I know where he lives.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2016, 12:43:24 PM »

Does that include postage? Or I can come collect from K-Man. I know where he lives.

I asked the lady at the post office about sending a game/dvd and she suggested to post it in a letter envelope. If you're ok with that postage is included in the $45. Otherwise I can easily drop it off to Jonno's place for you

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »

I asked the lady at the post office about sending a game/dvd and she suggested to post it in a letter envelope. If you're ok with that postage is included in the $45. Otherwise I can easily drop it off to Jonno's place for you

Nah post it! K-Man makes me nervous  :P

PM me your paypal or how you want payment.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »
@spazmanaught alright I'll pm you PayPal details when I post it

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Ive made some new division mates over the past few weeks but i am happy to run some incursions with the old crew if u guys are on. I will waiting for the patch and jumping right into FL on hard to try get some new sets asap

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Happy to have a run in FL on hard.

Offline captainraincoat

• Clan Member
  • Origin: captainraincoat
  • PSN: captainraincot
  • Steam: captainraincoat
  • Xbox Live: SEMPERFID
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2016, 05:55:40 PM »
ill be on tonight to check out the new stuff so hit me up

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2016, 08:35:12 AM »
Its good shit :)

Offline captainraincoat

• Clan Member
  • Origin: captainraincoat
  • PSN: captainraincot
  • Steam: captainraincoat
  • Xbox Live: SEMPERFID
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread...patch downloads took ages...keen to check out new incursion tonight so hit me up....im over 200gs

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:39 PM »
The new incursion is now out?

I might need to jump on tonight and have a look around the division. Its been a while.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »
The new incursion is now out?

I might need to jump on tonight and have a look around the division. Its been a while.

Last night, patch was fairly sizable too (5.9gb or something from memory). Loot drops are better too but it's still a bit meh to me.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
i like that DZ 200+ is a lot challenging now and you cant rock solo unless you are OP.
🐵💤

Offline Tweakzero

• Clan Member
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »
i like that DZ 200+ is a lot challenging now and you cant rock solo unless you are OP.

Solo is doable with smart cover and patience but its a waste of fcking time lol...
dz05-06 takes like 3x longer to clear than dz03-04 and ok you get a 204/240 every kill BUT in DZ03-04 you get a 240/204 like 1/2 the time so it works out quicker to just farm dz03-04.

the sealed caches are fcking awesome... you get HEAPS of div tech and good items and it only takes up one spot so less extractions.

love this update... burning im at work.