Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
PS4 Poll
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:50 PM »
So we know who to apply WpeeR pressure to :D
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
Re: PS4 Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Pre-Ordered 1 and waiting to order BB's until the bundles are announced!

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • XBLive: theKunfushun
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
yup im looking to buy around launch time if not day 1. hopefully some deals around, if there isnt any games i want to play right away, ill probably wait it out a little longer but not too long.
🐵💤

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
waiting for a bundle with something.

Offline AJmen02

• Clan Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:15:26 PM »
Waiting to see what the other console is...

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
Definitely day 1 for me, but won't pre-order just yet.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
Waiting to see what the other console is...

I thought about doing that but I would only be kidding myself, I'll most likely end up with both but the xbox won't be day one.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »
If not too expensive will be looking at getting 2, 1 for office room and 1 for the lounge room. If not, than just the one and will be preordering when bundles are announced.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »
As with a few here, watching to see what is offered.  Will probably end up with one of these and one of the other!

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
I'll get a Failbox when they are a dollar like I did the one I currently have.

Offline stonecoldstavros

• Clan Member
  • stavros
  • Origin: stonecoldstavros
  • PSN: stonecoldstavros
  • Steam: stonecoldstavros
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »
Ill wait to see if the Xbox offers anything better.

And then ill wait and see what the majority of people are playing.

THough KZ4 really excites me.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »
Though KZ4 really excites me.

I was really excited for KZ3 as well and the game they gave really did kill some of my love of gaming, even now I don't have the same excitement levels for new games. Can't totally blame KZ3 but I think that was the last straw.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »
I blame COD for everything failing! MW2 and Blops are awesome then they just released crap for the sake of it!

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 04:16:25 PM »
for the sake of it!

$1Billion is a big IT, lol

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
for the sake of it!

$1Billion is a big IT, lol

Exactly. That's all they do it for. What have they done to improve or further the industry? I think the current COD will look average on next gen consoles. At least most other devs have talked about the future.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
I think Diablo 3 is a fail game for Blizzard to release on the PS4 also, they dropped the ball and chose an easy port rather than releasing something new. KZ4 does look very nice but I will be focusing my excitement to the SP and the smell of a shiny (or matte) new console.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 04:42:05 PM »
defending blizzard, they have 3 major ips. diablo, warcraft and starcraft series. if they were to announce a new ip, bring back something new like lost vikings or new game, it would probably be during their own convention, blizzcon.

diablo has the least buttons and i think would translate easier for console, starcraft when it was released on the nintendo 64 i think was a fail, rts for a competitive game like starcraft, warcraft wouldnt play the same way as their pc version. as for wow, i dont know, from what ive seen there is 10billion buttons on the screen and i dont know how the heck it all works on the keyboard. they would need to release it as kb/mouse.

comparing diablo to the older versions, i dont see it too different and hasnt been too exciting as when you play the story over and over, you get bored and youll just want to start farming and now crafting.

PvP that is yet to be released i think wont take off and would just be for fun random stuff and nothing else too exciting as it won't be balanced at all and would probably be instant 1 shot skills depending on the players gear and skills.

I will probably play the game eventually with all characters on all difficulty levels but i wont get too much into all the farming stuff. I will still follow the game as I like its story line.

after all that, i dont think diablo will take off on console.
🐵💤

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
KZ4 does look very nice but I will be focusing my excitement to the SP and the smell of a shiny (or matte) new console.

It does look pretty sweet. Can't wait for it, I think just being able to play a game without lag is going to be a huge advantage to enjoying the SP a lot more.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »
defending blizzard, they have 3 major ips. diablo, warcraft and starcraft series. if they were to announce a new ip, bring back something new like lost vikings or new game, it would probably be during their own convention, blizzcon.

diablo has the least buttons and i think would translate easier for console, starcraft when it was released on the nintendo 64 i think was a fail, rts for a competitive game like starcraft, warcraft wouldnt play the same way as their pc version. as for wow, i dont know, from what ive seen there is 10billion buttons on the screen and i dont know how the heck it all works on the keyboard. they would need to release it as kb/mouse.

comparing diablo to the older versions, i dont see it too different and hasnt been too exciting as when you play the story over and over, you get bored and youll just want to start farming and now crafting.

PvP that is yet to be released i think wont take off and would just be for fun random stuff and nothing else too exciting as it won't be balanced at all and would probably be instant 1 shot skills depending on the players gear and skills.

I will probably play the game eventually with all characters on all difficulty levels but i wont get too much into all the farming stuff. I will still follow the game as I like its story line.

So you think it is perfectly acceptable for a company to rehash an old game (remember when this gets released it will be nearly two years old) for a new console instead of developing a new game for it? I liked D3 but I personally think this is really poor form and nothing more than a cash grab, I know CoD just rehashes MP but even they put a little effort into the SP to make it a new game. And that is the reason it won't take off on console.

Offline stonecoldstavros

• Clan Member
  • stavros
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »

I was really excited for KZ3 as well and the game they gave really did kill some of my love of gaming, even now I don't have the same excitement levels for new games. Can't totally blame KZ3 but I think that was the last straw.

there was a terrible run of games at the time if i remember.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »

There was.

there was a terrible run of games at the time if i remember.

Offline stonecoldstavros

• Clan Member
  • stavros
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

So you think it is perfectly acceptable for a company to rehash an old game (remember when this gets released it will be nearly two years old) for a new console instead of developing a new game for it? I liked D3 but I personally think this is really poor form and nothing more than a cash grab, I know CoD just rehashes MP but even they put a little effort into the SP to make it a new game. And that is the reason it won't take off on console.

i agree to some extent.
there is no reason why it cant be released now or 6 months ago.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
If the d3 that is released is like what was released on pc day 1 then id be disappointed. If the price is up there but includes the updates pc has to date then i dont see it a problem hittin the console later. Its for people that dont have pcs to run it or own it. I personally wont be buying it as i have it on pc. Even though it may be an old game, its new for those that havent played it on pc and are console gamers.

I personally dont see it completely a cash grab as it would be an ok move to find out if their highly acclaimed pc game does well for their come back to the console market. I see it a little more of a strategy too so that they can build up some rep on the console market before throwing out new titles.

I dont know but did diablo 1 on ps1 and starcraft 64 on nintendo 64 even do well for them? I dont think theybhave the best rep once it comes to console games at the moment.

One thing i just thought is that if they do well with this, i wonder if they will reopen their development on Starcraft ghost and release on the console.

Ps, phone typing and going through and editing failed text sucks lol. Need tablet or go on laptop.

Also scs, they are known for releasing games when it is ready and want to take their time and not release something rushed. From what i saw too, they are changing the ui and other things a bit so that it is easier for the console so i guess its not just a complete port which will tke a little time to fix. They also did just put a console team together around the end of d3 development and were hiring console devs (i followed d3 blogs and check blizzard news and job listings, yes blizzard fanboy).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:29:08 PM by kunfushun »
🐵💤

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
(i followed d3 blogs and check blizzard news and job listings, yes blizzard fanboy).

Exactly why I said I liked D3 so you wouldn't think I was just a Blizzard troll, as it stands we will have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
I wrote a long essay on my phone and even cleaned it up before i posted lol.

My strong fanboyness for blizzard is on overdrive :P
🐵💤