Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster (ps4)

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster (ps4)
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
Final Fantasy XII HD remaster due in 2017 on ps4.

I look forward to this more than FFXV.

Can't go wrong with more Fran

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:51:59 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
Re: Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster (ps4)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:37 PM »
Zodiac Job Version

Backgrounds, characters models and even cutscenes and fonts will be overhauled in high resolution to match the current generation.

Audio will support 7.1 surround sound.

High-Quality voice acting will be included.

Both Japanese and English voices will be available as a selection in the options.

Music will also be available in two versions: Original and Re-recorded as a selection in the options.

Loading times will be reduced.

An auto-save feature will be added.

The Turbo Mode introduced with the re-release will also be improved.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:09:34 AM »
Hmm interesting.. this is the one FF game I never finished (I don't count the XIII sequels.. because.. horrible).. as it came out towards the end of the PS2 lifespan and I got a PS3 day 1 and got distracted by new shiny things...

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 12:25:08 AM »
Most of the FF games are a bit mashed together in my memory, having played everyone since ff vii except the last one, I felt a bit more disappointed with each installment. Ff xii was definitely one of the better ones from memory. I hope they keep the turn based fighting as that's what I at first hated then grew to love with final fantasy.

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 12:44:44 AM »
Most of the FF games are a bit mashed together in my memory, having played everyone since ff vii except the last one, I felt a bit more disappointed with each installment. Ff xii was definitely one of the better ones from memory. I hope they keep the turn based fighting as that's what I at first hated then grew to love with final fantasy.

FF XII did not have turn based combat, and that's mainly why it didn't get such a warm reception on release. When people look back at it now after XIII, then they realise XII was actually quite good.

The combat is a little MMO style. You have a party of 3 and control just one of your party characters at a time. AI controls the others but you can set some rules for each character to follow (eg cast heal when anyone in party is below 25% health).

Each character has a time cool down between each action , but you move around in real time and select their next action in advance. You can switch between party members on the fly.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »
That sounds familiar actually. I recall the story being good, the fighting is turn based but with a sort of cool down timer?
I do remember that final boss fight though.

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 11:08:27 AM »
That sounds familiar actually. I recall the story being good, the fighting is turn based but with a sort of cool down timer?
I do remember that final boss fight though.

I wouldn't say the combat is really turn based in the traditional sense. You select your action to perform before the cooldown timer is ready. If you fight a very easy enemy then you don't need to touch your controller at all as your attack action will default.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
Now it comes back to me. Yep I dont mind that style too much.
I wonder how the remakes will do the combat. Even tthe FF VII remaster, will it probably use this, as it feel like its mixing the old with real time (in a sense, it takes time to build each attack).

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »
FF VII is a remake and will be a very different game (compared to original) with some kind of 3rd person action combat. I don't know all the details as I try to stay away from info so early in development cycle.

Usually with a remaster they keep mostly the same mechanics as the original. FF X HD remaster has the same mechanics as the original.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification @SmashedPumpkin

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:32 AM »