The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »
I cancelled my order as once I finally get my copy of PCars I won't have time for it and Lara will be playing HoW, might get it later.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
Decided I'd give it a go, pre-ordered at EB Games today, took some old games in (LBP3, Watch Dogs, WWE 2k15) as they have bonus trade value this month (got extra 30% on trade), and they said they'd definitely be price matching target's $69, so at the end of the day the game will cost me about $7 ontop of the trades.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »
Just got an email from JB saying the Witcher has been shipped? Must be going to arrive in 2034  :P

Normally I get them in 3 working days!

Offline Lumpee

• Clan Member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
I'm looking forward to this. Preloaded and ready to go.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
Decided I'd give it a go, pre-ordered at EB Games today, took some old games in (LBP3, Watch Dogs, WWE 2k15) as they have bonus trade value this month (got extra 30% on trade), and they said they'd definitely be price matching target's $69, so at the end of the day the game will cost me about $7 ontop of the trades.

Tempting.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »
I am really looking forward to this, but am really busy with part time studies atm. Don't you hate it when things get in the way of gaming  :troll:
Exams coming up early June, and then The Elder Scrolls is out on the day of my exams!
I will have to put this one back a few months. Would be happy to pick up a 2nd hand copy off someone who finishes it a couple of months down the track.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »
I will put my name down for a second hand copy also. Too many issues with the game on ps4 right now.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
I'm keen on this but am trying to play some of my shelf of shame. Totally failing at bloodborne so I just started metro the other day. I'll add witcher to my future shelf of shame later this year I'm  sure

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
Should I be shocked with the amount of childish members over at Whingepool complaining about a graphical downgrade? Wait, that's normal for WP.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »
Should I be shocked with the amount of childish members over at Whingepool complaining about a graphical downgrade? Wait, that's normal for WP.

Between that and the 20 pages of arguing over the price and legally of obtaining the game via Ukraine,  I have up on the thread

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »
Pass here; Dragon Age left a bad taste for this style of game for me

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2015, 07:37:27 AM »

I didn't play the last DA but have played all before and both Witchers. They aren't in the same league. Bethesda does it properly.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »

I didn't play the last DA but have played all before and both Witchers. They aren't in the same league. Bethesda does it properly.
Maybe.  I tried Witcher 2 on PC and didn't really grab me either.  Too slow.

If this is more like Mass Effect,  which I loved,  then I may get it from the cheap bin.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »
Some Reviews:

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
  • Origin: handles1
  • PSN: handles1
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
Just picked this up. Keen to see if it will fill the void left by Skyrim for a bit. If not I'll get a refund, EB and all that..

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
Played about 6-7 hours last night, got through the tutorial and prologue finishing just about everything I could find and discovered all locations I could see on the map in the opening area, I was at about level 4 when I finished the prologue.

Graphically it's amazing! but I have noticed a few frame rate drops at times. The controls are a bit touchy and clunky at times, especially when running. So far only 2 deaths, one time when I thought taking on a pack of about 6 wolves sounded fun at level 1 and one time when I accidentally fell off a large cliff.

I'm playing on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty (2nd hardest of 4 difficulty settings) but not really finding it all that hard at this stage, thinking I should've started on Deathmarch because now I can't get the trophy if I bump it up I assume.

So far the quests have been fun and varied enough that I don't feel like I'm on a glorified fetch quest, looking forward to seeing more.

JEM7vwh

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2015, 05:20:06 PM »
I picked it up on PC, as it was very cheap on Steam when it was first listed for pre-order. I like it as well and certainly more open world than Witcher 2. IMHO, it is certainly no Skyrim but more in-line with DAI. Spent most my time tweaking the graphics to get a balance between fluid frame-rates and eye-candy for 670s SLI.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »
Being open world is there any comparison to Red Dead? Or to be more precise do you have to pick any flowers?
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

JEM7vwh

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »
Good point. you unlock regions in Red Dead as you progress through the story.  I have only explored parts of the first area so I am not the best judge of that. From what I see thus far, I feel that Red Dead is bigger. In Witcher 3 once you reach the edge of the area it zooms out to the world map, like DAI.

You can't pick all flowers though, only certain alchemy agents, which shows up on the mini-map like in shadows of mordor.

JEM7vwh

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2015, 08:47:56 PM »
What do you think AkyraStrike? You've put in more hours than me in the first area.

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
The map is huge - bigger then read dead. It's 20% larger then Skyrims world, and that was pretty big!

About 12 hours or more here so far, enjoying it except for a bug I came across that's fixed now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:17:57 PM by Col »

JEM7vwh

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »
Did you get it on PC or PS4 Col? Did the frame rate dip when you get to the larger towns? As I previously mentioned I am only in the first area and town and frame rate was good for me there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:36:20 PM by JEM7vwh »

Offline Col

• Clan Member
  • Victuri te Salutant
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:23 PM »
PS4. No issues with frame rates here, all looks good.

JEM7vwh

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:23 PM »
Ta, I'll keep plugging on.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2015, 10:30:38 PM »
You'll have to come to the console world Jem, there are only a few that frequent the dark side.