• Clan Member
  • Life's short, Grow tall!
    • youtube
  • Origin: foxhound_one
  • PSN: foxhound_one
  • Steam: foxhound one
Re: Forza Horizon 3
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 09:33:06 PM »
I am thinking of getting this for PC but i am not entirely sure yet as i don't like paying $100 for games anymore.  I have never played a forza game(no xbox) and i don't and won't be using a wheel.

Feedback on the game will be welcomed.

Online Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »
I am thinking of getting this for PC but i am not entirely sure yet as i don't like paying $100 for games anymore.  I have never played a forza game(no xbox) and i don't and won't be using a wheel.

Feedback on the game will be welcomed.

I don't usually like leaving feedback for games as I tend to become bias towards the end of the post but I'll try my best.

Forza Horizon series is a very fun, laidback experience that can be easy to pick up and play, smash out a few races and come back later and do the same thing.

In this particular title, you are the Horizon boss so you're in charge of setting up Horizon locations which open up races in that area -- Set up a Horzion event in Sunshine Coast and it will allow you to find some races in that area, expand the event and it will open up more races.

Vehicle handling is very arcade-y but that's not really an issue in this franchise.

Vehicle variety seems to be pretty good, I've been pretty much just rotating between a few cars for the different environments -- Halo Warthog (not in the game, rewarded to players who played Halo 5 or Halo: MCC) or Subaru WRX for off-road events, Nissan R35 or HSV GTS for street events. There's also a van if you feel like racing a box.

Don't expect fantastic customisation options for vehicles, there really isn't much to do.

Overall, it plays really well, the graphics are gorgeous, the vehicle physics feel really nice for an arcade racer, the races so far don't feel repetitive, Drivatars feel much more improved (not pulling stupid moves), earning cash and XP so far is pretty easy too.

Even though you said you're playing it on PC, I figured I'd throw this in.. the framerates feel really smooth for a 30fps title. Similar to how Uncharted 4 doesn't feel like 30fps, more like a hybrid between 30 and 60fps. To be honest, I thought FH3 was 60fps until raz posted saying it was 30!

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
Is there any reliable info about how well the game runs on pc? xBone to PC has not  gone smoothly so far.

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
Ended up grabbing this (on Xbox) just for something relaxing to play inbetween shooting things in the face.. I'm generally rubbish at racing games so I tend to lean towards the more arcadish / fun style ones like NFS or Burnout (really want a new Burnout game like Burnout 3 or Paradise).

It's fun to just cruise around and play events or do stunts / search for the hidden stuff, I love that even if I don't win the event you still get cash and 'fans' and I don't feel like I'm punished for being an average racing game player.

Really having fun with this.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Grumpy Old Man
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »
Hmmm, thinking about getting this.
I broke my sig :-(

Online Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 08:09:00 PM »
I'll send a club invite to you Akyra when I jump on, only thing is you'll have to have upgraded your 3rd festival before clubs unlock.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:17 AM »
I'll get this when it's a bit cheaper. I still haven't finished the original Forza that released when Xbone did.

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 09:19:20 AM »
I'll send a club invite to you Akyra when I jump on, only thing is you'll have to have upgraded your 3rd festival before clubs unlock.

No worries, I'm playing this fairly casually so I don't know how long it'll take me to do that, I've opened the second site (picked surfers paradise) and upgraded Byron Bay again so far.

Online Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »
@Slexlaw's Drivatar really gives me a run for my money when I'm doing a championship ;D

Always right behind me on both the track and the ladder.

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • XBLive: Slexlaw
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »
@Slexlaw's Drivatar really gives me a run for my money when I'm doing a championship ;D

Always right behind me on both the track and the ladder.

@Slayer7744 - You and my youngest brother are the reasons I can't set drivatar difficulty more than above average if I want any chance of winning. The difference is that you race pretty clean.