God of War

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
God of War
« on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »
'God of War' announced by Sony at E3 2016, looks to be a reboot of the series, gameplay trailer:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:57:04 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Re: God of War
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
So it looks like this isn't in development yet, they're still hiring for their team to work on it.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
So it looks like this isn't in development yet, they're still hiring for their team to work on it.

Oh that sucks. Was hoping we'd see it in the next 6 months.
I hate when you hear about a game and then don't see it released for a few years.

Online raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:00:25 PM »
Huh? They showed played through the game recently,of course it's in development?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:03:52 PM by Slayer7744 »

Online raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »
This looks epic

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 03:35:39 AM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:08:20 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Looks awesome!!

I was starting to think it might be an end of year/next year title. But now we have a release date!

April 20!

Lock it in!!

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 02:21:56 AM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
Reviews dropping at 5pm eastern today. Apparently be careful of spoilers

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »
Going to be avoiding spoilers for the next 3 weeks as I have the Stone Mason edition preordered from Amazon US since January. Checked last night to see what the price is and if you were to order it now, the price is now over $300! Glad I got in early.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »
Well, sounds better than expected

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »
I enjoyed God of War 3, but prefer a bit more depth or complexity than hack and slash adventure generally. I'll pick this up eventually.
Seen lots of positive reviews for this (9.5-10 / 10), with a metascore of 94, it's the highest rated sony exclusive, and record breaking sales in it's first week; Goes to show the developers 'gamers dont want single player games' comments are false. They want to justify their 'games as a service model' which has them making money off microtransactions, loot boxes and dlc.
I'm glad to see developers rewarded financially and with positive reviews (like this, witcher 3, last if us) as ive always enjoyed single player games with a great story (waits for sw kotor remake  :troll: )

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 12:39:47 PM »
I've only played the first "level" or so and find it spectacular.
I say level as apart from a title change flashing across the screen it's pretty seemless. Just like Naughty Dog with Uncharted/TLoU where cinematic and gameplay are so perfectly blended you don't realise where either begins/ends until you lose/regain controller movement again.

I really like the change up from the previous GoW titles. Though it's still a little hack & slash, the story so far is solid and the RPG aspects of upgrading/unlocking skills etc looks like it could keep it interesting. I'm already attacking in different ways each time to experiment.

So far, very pleased with it... will see if this continues as I progress.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 11:01:54 PM »
it's pretty seemless.
I heard the entire game is one seamless journey without a single black screen, cut or fade. That is impressive and completely immersive.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:57:16 AM »
I have a decent number of hours played in this game and don't see it as the "game of the generation" which some critics have described it to be. I'm not a big fan of the combat - although its not awful, just a bit too "hack and slash" for my taste, there are many skills I will probably never use (and still can't due to stat limitations despite unlocking amost everything already), and the camera position is too close to the character to have a good awareness of surrounding enemies (there are on screen indicators). Voice acting is excellent, characters so far quite good, and the story is decent also. Graphics are excellent, textures close to the camera are amazing, but distance scenery is better in HorizonZD.

Certainly a good game and excellent technical achievement.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »
it's pretty seemless.
I heard the entire game is one seamless journey without a single black screen, cut or fade. That is impressive and completely immersive.

Yes it is! What makes it bad is that I can't pick the times to stop my gaming session, feels like I just need to play the next little bit.... and the next and... just because there is no clear cut between sections.

I have a decent number of hours played in this game and don't see it as the "game of the generation" which some critics have described it to be. I'm not a big fan of the combat - although its not awful, just a bit too "hack and slash" for my taste, there are many skills I will probably never use (and still can't due to stat limitations despite unlocking amost everything already), and the camera position is too close to the character to have a good awareness of surrounding enemies (there are on screen indicators). Voice acting is excellent, characters so far quite good, and the story is decent also. Graphics are excellent, textures close to the camera are amazing, but distance scenery is better in HorizonZD.

Certainly a good game and excellent technical achievement.

I'm not as far as you through the game, so not in any big open area spaces yet, so can't comment on distance but this game has that "in close" feeling as I think it should since it's all about Kratos' brute strength and savagery, you don't often take battles at a distance.
I'll agree a number of the skills you unlock are totally situational and a lot of enemies don't give you the time (for wind ups etc) to make them worth using.
I have taken heaps of damage just trying to work a few skill combos in against some stronger enemies to make it interesting so i'm not simply bashing the attack buttons... also coz they look freaking awesome when you pull it off.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 12:08:40 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the combat - although its not awful, just a bit too "hack and slash" for my taste, ....
and the camera position is too close to the character to have a good awareness of surrounding enemies
That's how I felt about Gow3 and why I'll likely wait for this to become a ps plus one day

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the combat - although its not awful, just a bit too "hack and slash" for my taste, ....
and the camera position is too close to the character to have a good awareness of surrounding enemies
That's how I felt about Gow3 and why I'll likely wait for this to become a ps plus one day

I think you'll be waiting a while, I really cannot see this coming to PS+ considering how critically and commercially successful it's been. I could be wrong but I don't even think any of the old God of War games were released on PS+ ignoring the PSP ones.

I'm loving this game. Everything about it I can't fault, it just gets better and better every time I play. Whenever I die, I know it wasn't because of the game, it was because of me. I'm liking the pace of the game too.

Really cool.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »

I want the biggest fan of GoW3 either. It totally felt a bit button mashy. But this just feels different. Maybe it's the story and immersion that just makes it a joy.

I'm loving this game. Everything about it I can't fault, it just gets better and better every time I play. Whenever I die, I know it wasn't because of the game, it was because of me. I'm liking the pace of the game too.

Really cool.

Totally This!!

I love the change in pace for different enemies and the need to change tactics.

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
  • PSN: siiycsfb
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »
Late to the party but this is a great game and getting me back into gaming in general. After our 'boy' arrived I've had little to no time for my ps4. However this game is perfect as I can play 5 mins or 50 and then put it down depending on the needs of the lad/wife. Also great story, nice fighting mechanics etc. The rate I'm going it should take me all the way through to red dead comes out

using Tapatalk