• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: Pokemon GO
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
Now let's see if the water bombers get charged with assault.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 10:57:05 AM »
This will end up getting banned. Only a matter of time until someone stops a car in traffic or causes someone to get hurt then the powers that be will get involved. It does seem as though Nintendo gave little thought to the consequences of this game. There are a lot of stories of people going onto private property. OK in oz but in the USA getting shot for a game doesn't sound like fun times to me.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »
This will end up getting banned. Only a matter of time until someone stops a car in traffic or causes someone to get hurt then the powers that be will get involved. It does seem as though Nintendo gave little thought to the consequences of this game. There are a lot of stories of people going onto private property. OK in oz but in the USA getting shot for a game doesn't sound like fun times to me.

Natural selection weeding out the morons I suppose. Can't blame game devs for individuals actions.

Online Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/first-car-crash-caused-by-pokemon-go-2016-7

Police are booking people for sitting in drivers seat using phones. I think it's illegal to use a phone while the car is on and parked but I thought if it was off it would be ok? Sukers  :P

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/first-car-crash-caused-by-pokemon-go-2016-7

Police are booking people for sitting in drivers seat using phones. I think it's illegal to use a phone while the car is on and parked but I thought if it was off it would be ok? Sukers  :P

In America I think the rule is the car has to be off, and the keys not in ignition. TV taught me that anyway.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »
I heard on the radio that police gave like 200 fines yesterday on the Western Ring Rd (freeway) for cars "unnecessarily" using the emergency lane.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »

In America I think the rule is the car has to be off, and the keys not in ignition. TV taught me that anyway.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the law is the same here, if you're in the drivers seat and keys are in the ignition, even if the car is off, you can be booked (they can actually book you for drink driving this way too).

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 06:12:50 PM »
A look at the future of Pokemon Go: trading, Pokestop upgrades, leaderboards and more

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/14/pokemon-go-news-trading-pokestop-upgrades-leaderboards/

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »
Yep saw two peanuts in cars side by side holding their phones out in my estate - blocking my oncoming lane.  Morons. Flashed my lights and they moved on.

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/macarthur/couple-on-pokemon-go-hunt-victims-of-armed-robbery-in-tahmoor-skate-park/news-story/dbfa440f802a6c8648dafe93c2ab9917

Seriously?!? It's that bloody cold at night out that way... stay the %^&! at home people!
Your "squiddlyboptotard" will come back later, catch it then.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 10:46:38 AM »
Camden police crime manager Det Inspector Jayne Doherty said there was nothing to suggest the men used the Pokemon Go app to lure the couple to the park or that the men were known to the pair

Sounds like wrong place at the wrong time to me, but let's blame a game.

Either way it's just another reminder in general that always be careful where ever you go, regardless of if it's because of a game or not.

In actual game related news, I leveled from 14 to 18 last night, I may have visited that park in Rhodes where the residents water bombed players, it was crazy the amount of people there and I completely understand the residents frustrations, I was only there earlier in the evening so I'm not sure how late the crowd stayed, I did catch about 40 new pokemon though.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
I'm lvl 12 and can't seem to find many new pokemon. As I have said, the community parks, kids playgrounds and walkways I go to have no to barely any pokemon spawn even in the presence of several pokestops.
They seem to spawn in the main street while driving. I liked the idea of going for a relaxing walk, taking my son to the park and catching some, but not on the main road :(  & I'm not that into the game that I'm going to travel to catch them.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2016, 12:04:23 PM »
Generally your best bet at mass captures is when lures are active, or activating incense yourself (or both as they stack).

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »
Last night after training I saw 2 lures active that overlapped, I parked for 15min and only caught 3 pokemon. The half a dozen other lures I've used aren't much better :( maybe a pokemon every several mins. Maybe my area has low spawns in general since it's rural.
I believe more populated areas have better spawns.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2016, 01:40:05 PM »
Ahhhhh yeah I've heard rural areas aren't getting as much love with spawns. That aforementioned park in Rhodes NSW has 3 overlapping pokestops, with lures active on all I'd see 3 to 5 pokemon spawn every couple of minutes.

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:20 PM »
Last night after training I saw 2 lures active that overlapped, I parked for 15min and only caught 3 pokemon. The half a dozen other lures I've used aren't much better :( maybe a pokemon every several mins. Maybe my area has low spawns in general since it's rural.
I believe more populated areas have better spawns.

Is there a way to fool the GPS that is not against the ToS? Have seen people doing this so they can play while sitting at home  :o

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »

Is there a way to fool the GPS that is not against the ToS? Have seen people doing this so they can play while sitting at home  :o

Yes and no... Any GPS spoofing is against the rules and you can potentially be banned (and yes they can tell and yes people do get banned).. There are ways around it and as long as you aren't stupid with it, you can avoid being caught. However this defeats the entire purpose of the game to get people going outside, may as well just download an emulator and play the game boy games.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »

Yes and no... Any GPS spoofing is against the rules and you can potentially be banned (and yes they can tell and yes people do get banned).. There are ways around it and as long as you aren't stupid with it, you can avoid being caught. However this defeats the entire purpose of the game to get people going outside, may as well just download an emulator and play the game boy games.

I don't see the big deal.
Just like the Wii... you were supposed to stand in front of your TV and do the bowling/tennis motions, but that didn't stop people just sitting on the couch and flicking their wrist (keep it clean people) to get the movements.
If you're having fun, then what's the problem.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »
I don't see the big deal.
Just like the Wii... you were supposed to stand in front of your TV and do the bowling/tennis motions, but that didn't stop people just sitting on the couch and flicking their wrist (keep it clean people) to get the movements.
If you're having fun, then what's the problem.

True, and no real problem technically, but given the game is based on moving around the real world (to a point where hatching eggs requires you to walk 'x' distance), playing from home kinda makes the game... well.. pointless.. but you're right and to each their own.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »
Fail!

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2016, 11:12:03 PM »
🐵💤

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:45 AM »
I had the thought about using ingress since pokemon go was based off it.
Then I noticed the XM was located where I find pokemon regularly spawn.
After some digging I found that all pokemon location data was pulled straight from Ingress. Found this which confirms it
https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sknib/using_ingress_app_as_a_pokémon_go_maphack_to_find/
Now tbh I'm a bit over pokemon, but I'm going to start play Ingress :)

Online SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »
I had the thought about using ingress since pokemon go was based off it.
Then I noticed the XM was located where I find pokemon regularly spawn.
After some digging I found that all pokemon location data was pulled straight from Ingress. Found this which confirms it
https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sknib/using_ingress_app_as_a_pokémon_go_maphack_to_find/
Now tbh I'm a bit over pokemon, but I'm going to start play Ingress :)

Yeah, that's what I like to hear. Original is best.