Subnautica

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
Re: Subnautica
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 07:21:37 PM »
I really should get back to this. Sorry to hear you have issues on the ps4, the developers were great in early access and have alwaya been transparent.
I absolutely loved subnautica, got maybe half way through the storey and just didn't have time to game.
I suggest scouting and setting up your main base somewhere central unless you want a few bases. I have mini sub bases around  but a main base on the edge of mushroom forest and kelp forest.
I'm only be able to play single player games like this since my NBN congestion makes any internet usage in peak unusable...

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 02:29:41 AM »
I really should get back to this. Sorry to hear you have issues on the ps4, the developers were great in early access and have alwaya been transparent.
I absolutely loved subnautica, got maybe half way through the storey and just didn't have time to game.
I suggest scouting and setting up your main base somewhere central unless you want a few bases. I have mini sub bases around  but a main base on the edge of mushroom forest and kelp forest.
I'm only be able to play single player games like this since my NBN congestion makes any internet usage in peak unusable...

My second save file seems stable so far, no issues even with icreased resolution mode on the pro. So far I am just starting my first base in the shallows as it is easiest for fish catching and power generation, but also close to the other 2 starting biomes.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 06:07:13 AM »
Subnautica will be free on the Epic Games store from 14th to 27th Dec 2018.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:32 AM »
Still seeing performance issues on ps4pro. Day 2 patch reportedly fixed a crash on save issue The game runs smooth in general but at times the framerate is awful. I now restart the game every 1-2 hours, basically when I return to my base after each exploration trip.

Edit: forgot to mention that the game has frozen a few times while in my base, losing more progress
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:24:12 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:18:33 AM »
Subnautica will be free on the Epic Games store from 14th to 27th Dec 2018.

Welp now I'll need to try and remember my Epic Games account details to grab this... that is if russian fortnite hackers havent claimed my account yet..