« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • XBLive: doombirdzero (360)
Re: Nioh
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
Did anyone play this free version on the weekend? I downloaded it (about 7GB) but haven't had the time to play it, and not sure when it ends. From what I've heard, combat is like Dark Souls but extremely harder Lol
Praise the Sun!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
Did anyone play this free version on the weekend? I downloaded it (about 7GB) but haven't had the time to play it, and not sure when it ends. From what I've heard, combat is like Dark Souls but extremely harder Lol

I didn't play it but watched a little on stream (enough to know I won't play on release). Not sure if it's harder than dark souls but has a similar feel to it.

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »

Yeah I played it, the demo was only for the weekend.

Can't comment on how it is against the Souls games as my entire experience with Souls is only Demon Souls... and it was spending a weekend and quite literally getting no where and rage quitting and never touching it again. But I have seen people say Nioh was harder, but I didn't find it all that hard once you got to know the enemies and their attack patterns + getting use to using the Ki Pulse recovery during combat.

I'm a little ashamed to admit I actually put about 15hrs into the demo over the weekend haha.. I beat the boss after many many tries... and then played through it again on Twilight mode (aka hard mode) and beat her first time.. not sure if that was down to being stronger (I made it to level 35) and having better gear, or just knowing her attack patterns better.

I actually really enjoyed the demo and will probably pick the full game up, it's actually got me interested in maybe getting Bloodbourne for starts as people say the mechanics of Nioh are closer to BB.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 11:37:42 AM »
Dumped a fair few hours into this on the weekend. Enjoyed it, will grab it on sale one day

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »
Here's a video of me playing the demo fighting the second to last boss in twilight mode

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:56:31 PM »
Nice. I gave up on twilight after I couldn't get passed the first mob at the start lol

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
Here's a video of me playing the demo fighting the second to last boss in twilight mode

:up:
Nioh wasn't on my list before but after watching your video it looks like my type of game

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 08:10:37 AM »
Hmmmmm yes, this game is probably gona be a green light for me at this stage. Mate of mine said he got invaded and you can summon other players for help, also with that item menu bottom left its all looking very much like DS.
Praise the Sun!

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:17:11 AM »
Nice. I gave up on twilight after I couldn't get passed the first mob at the start lol

Yeah that guy got me a number of times, until I realised if you hit him with a bomb or any fire magic, he actually falls over and explodes in 1 or 2 hits haha

Hmmmmm yes, this game is probably gona be a green light for me at this stage. Mate of mine said he got invaded and you can summon other players for help, also with that item menu bottom left its all looking very much like DS.

Yep, it's very souls like in a lot of aspects, you can summon other players to help (I didn't get invaded at all but maybe I had to turn that option on?), you can actually see the graves of other players littered about and when you approach it, it tells you how they died (FYI.. you cant swim, dont try haha so many "Drowned" graves).

When you see others graves you can summon a revenant version of their character and fight them (AI controlled) and if you beat them they drop a piece of the gear they have (note: they dont lose it, you just get a copy of it), so its actually good when you fight graves of higher level players as its a quick way at getting a good piece of gear.

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy
  • XBLive: pihaboy
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:19 AM »
Day 1 purchase for me . Cant wait . Should have my res evil 7 platinum knocked off tonight then im free

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
I pre-ordered digital, already downloaded and ready to go, looking forward to dying... a lot :up:

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »
So this unlocked at midnight last night... I though oh I'll just jump in and have a look then off to bed..... 5hrs later I finally turn it off... currently surviving on 3hrs sleep at work somehow...  :coffee:

Absolutely loving this game, I can see it consigning many others to the pile of shame.

I really like that it lets you choose whether you want it pretty or silky smooth, for the PS Pro you can choose:

“Movie Mode”: Stable 3840×2160 resolution at 30fps
“Action Mode”: Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps

Playing in action mode for the silky 60fps.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 01:02:31 PM »
Nice, I'll pick this up when it's on special some time. Trying to finish Ng+ on bloodborne ATM :)

I love gfx and general toggle to get the best graphics, but nioh is the type of game where silky 60fps is definitely best!

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
Yep I also got this and loving it. Rolling with Medium armour and sword. Love the look of some of the heavy armour sets I’ve found, but drains my Ki to much in combat for my play style.
I'm up to and Defeated the big boss on
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Praise the Sun!

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »
Yep I also got this and loving it. Rolling with Medium armour and sword. Love the look of some of the heavy armour sets I’ve found, but drains my Ki to much in combat for my play style.

You can refashion any armour, so you can rock medium or light and make it look like heavy :up:

I've gone the light armour / katana / magic route. I'm level 46 at the moment and have finished the first 3 missions (after the tower of london tutorial type mission), so far I havent died at any boss fight, probably just jinxed it haha

Seriously loving this game, and I'm actually finding it surprisingly easy, I thought after I rage quit so quit on demon souls that these type games weren't my cup of tea but I've probably already put 20hrs into it in 3 days haha

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24:19 AM »

You can refashion any armour, so you can rock medium or light and make it look like heavy :up:

I've gone the light armour / katana / magic route. I'm level 46 at the moment and have finished the first 3 missions (after the tower of london tutorial type mission), so far I havent died at any boss fight, probably just jinxed it haha

Seriously loving this game, and I'm actually finding it surprisingly easy, I thought after I rage quit so quit on demon souls that these type games weren't my cup of tea but I've probably already put 20hrs into it in 3 days haha

Yeah im loving this game too . Messed around alot with the reforging weapons yesterday . Just sailed to the second land . Only realised late last night i hadnt done the new dojo training so there was all these new skills open to me .

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »

Yeah im loving this game too . Messed around alot with the reforging weapons yesterday . Just sailed to the second land . Only realised late last night i hadnt done the new dojo training so there was all these new skills open to me .

Looks like we're roughly at the same spot, I just finished the last few sub-missions on the first land area and did the new dojo training, next step is to go to the second area.

I re-rolled a few stats on my katana last night and got some really good perks on it, keen to try it out tonight.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 02:23:52 PM »

Yea I thought I saw that option once I reached that part of the game. I just wish I had more time to play! Bring on the weekend!
Praise the Sun!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 07:20:01 AM »

Yea I thought I saw that option once I reached that part of the game. I just wish I had more time to play! Bring on the weekend!

Really like the way the armor/weapon stuff works . No wearing gear that looks lame just for better stats . Now my helmet can always have a mustache

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »
This game is so much bigger than I thought.. I'm currently level 71 and just took down the 10th main boss (White Tiger).. apparently there are 24 main bosses (and several optional / sub bosses)...

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 01:13:18 PM »
This game is so much bigger than I thought.. I'm currently level 71 and just took down the 10th main boss (White Tiger).. apparently there are 24 main bosses (and several optional / sub bosses)...

That realisation hit me last night . Im only level 62 . Still enjoying it . Havent hit a boss that beats me more than a couple of times yet . Sure that time will come .

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
That realisation hit me last night . Im only level 62 . Still enjoying it . Havent hit a boss that beats me more than a couple of times yet . Sure that time will come .

I've only died to a boss twice.. once to the bozu-umi (giant sea blob monster) after I failed to dodge it's beam of death.. and then last night to the white tiger.. that bastard is quick! Haha

Total deaths in game are only 60.. so happy enough with that, thought it would be much more.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
Still early days for me with the time ive managed to play. Only level 35 on the first island but have the boat icon to leave. Just finishing the last sub mission, some sort of one on one duel. So far solo.
Praise the Sun!