Nioh

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • XBLive: doombirdzero (360)
Re: Nioh
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »
Loving the game but my only down vote in Nioh is the lack of vast differences in areas, specifically compared to Dark Souls 1. In Nioh, itís either caves or some village. In DS you had swamps, castle ramparts to explore and spooky forests. Even if it was another underground area the environments varied significantly in DS. The environments in DS were just awe-inspiring and chilling straight from the start. Currently Iím up to the third island, completed every submissions along the way.  So far I found some of the mini sub mission bosses harder than the main bosses.
Praise the Sun!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy
  • XBLive: pihaboy
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
Im still enjoying nioh . I prefer the souls games and am about to take a break to play the new DS3 Dlc but still like it . Agree that some of the smaller guys are harder than the bosses . I also take a guns blazing approch to nioh in general which i wouldnt get away with in souls . But its got its own thing going on .

Gotta say the ninja castle is pretty sweet and deadly .

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »

Just finished that mission last night, that was a really cool and different setting to the prior missions.

I've slowed down a bit due to lack of play time, but still very much enjoying the game. My hopes of finishing it before Horizon comes out have been dashed as I truely under-estimated how big Nioh is.

My only downvote for it is that most enemies have now become fairly easy and predictable, once you identify the type of enemy you're approaching then it's attack patterns and knowing when to hit back are all so ingrained in my muscle memory that I'm barely dying at all now while clearing missions, the only time I do die is because of an environmental trap or being tired and reckless.

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »

Just finished that mission last night, that was a really cool and different setting to the prior missions.

I've slowed down a bit due to lack of play time, but still very much enjoying the game. My hopes of finishing it before Horizon comes out have been dashed as I truely under-estimated how big Nioh is.

My only downvote for it is that most enemies have now become fairly easy and predictable, once you identify the type of enemy you're approaching then it's attack patterns and knowing when to hit back are all so ingrained in my muscle memory that I'm barely dying at all now while clearing missions, the only time I do die is because of an environmental trap or being tired and reckless.

I have to admit thats my downvote too . I think im nearly at the end and ive beaten the last few bosses without even using any tactic except for dodge counter super attack .

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »
I have to admit thats my downvote too . I think im nearly at the end and ive beaten the last few bosses without even using any tactic except for dodge counter super attack .

Dodging seems to be the best option for the majority of bosses.

I decided to give the sloth onmyo magic a go last night as I had heard it was strong... and my god it is OP and broken... it makes fast enemies a cake walk and it makes slow enemies absolutely laughable... its so much of an "i win" button that I wont be using it anymore, the game isn't that difficult once you're use to it, sloth turns it into a hack and slash.

Working my way through the 5th area at the moment, should be able to finish it tonight, then just the last area to go, should be able to finish it before Horizon hits.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 08:24:12 AM »
Killed the Ogress Boss last night is where Im at. Its good but a lot of the enemies are still being re-hashed at the point I'm up to. At first I liked the loot system but not sure now, like Diablo, I didnt want to waste half my game time sorting out a huge list of gear to access which is better lol! (majority junk!)
Praise the Sun!

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »
At first I liked the loot system but not sure now, like Diablo, I didnt want to waste half my game time sorting out a huge list of gear to access which is better lol! (majority junk!)

I love loot-em-up style games, diablo and destiny in particular, and I love seeing the gear drop in Nioh. All I do is look at the higher level purple that drops and break down / sell the rest. At least the game has good option when breaking down or selling stuff to make it easy to sell all etc.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
Yeah fair enough. Its a fair bit to sift through though, but yes thankfully they have that blacksmith for parts and soul merging.
Praise the Sun!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »
Finished the main game . When you finish its gives you divine loot (green) . 1 of each weapon type .

You also get a new mission which i beat and a couple of 2 boss at once side quests with good loot .

Also unlocks the option to play a much harder version with better drops and really high xp earns . You can switch between the hard and normal on the map .

You can also level up your imaginary friend at end game .

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »
"imaginary friend" lol
I'm currently been using what looks like a mouse with rabbit ears, some sort of bilby. Prior to that it was that bird you can choose from the start.
Praise the Sun!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
"imaginary friend" lol
I'm currently been using what looks like a mouse with rabbit ears, some sort of bilby. Prior to that it was that bird you can choose from the start.

Ive been using default wolf the whole time haha

Online AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 09:19:13 AM »
Finished the main game . When you finish its gives you divine loot (green) . 1 of each weapon type .

You also get a new mission which i beat and a couple of 2 boss at once side quests with good loot .

Also unlocks the option to play a much harder version with better drops and really high xp earns . You can switch between the hard and normal on the map .

You can also level up your imaginary friend at end game .

Nice one! I'm right near the end but haven't gotten around to finishing it, might try to tonight so I can move on to Horizon, will come back for NG+ and the DLC for this though.

Haha I've been using the double Raiken spirit (the 2 electric dogs), they do a great job of paralyzing the enemy

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
Is the DLC any good? I'm trying to decide between the core game or the deluxe version (or the core game + season pass)