• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
Breaking Point
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »

Breaking Point's roots stretch back to 2012 where it began as a mod on the Arma platform and saw a second iteration with the release of Arma 3.

Breaking Point is a persistent "permanent death" online multiplayer survival game set in the decades following the downfall of modern society to a deadly viral outbreak. Our goal is provide a balanced mixture of survival realism with the gameplay of a modern military shooter. A massive, open world with hardcore survival and combat elements, in depth environmental interaction, and terrifying, intelligent AI. Players will spawn into this world with nothing and will have to brave the environment to gather supplies while avoiding the fearsome AI and potentially even more deadly players. Your goal is carve out your own space in this hostile world and decide whether or not to take part in a war that is raging between the rival factions that have taken over the land. Surviving means making alliances and taking what you need from opposing factions, whether that be skills, resources, or their lives.

It's a kickstarter campaign at present, but I hope this comes to fruition as I loved it as the ARMA 3 mod.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alderongames/breaking-point?ref=nav_search
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:25:32 AM by StoneColdHomer »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: Breaking Point
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
Interesting facts.. ..

Popular twitch streamer Sacriel (sacriel42 ?) is on the dev team - I believe in charge of gameplay mechanics/systems. During his streams he often describes how games he is playing would be better....so will be interesting to see how his influence will help the game. Obviously it will help with marketing.

I also believe it is an Australian registered company making the game - one of the main devs is Australian.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:42:46 PM »
Hoping this link works.....

This is sacriel and the devs talking about Breaking Point on stream, lots of info (no gameplay footage).

http://www.twitch.tv/collections/7CcKELOzwBRIgQ

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »
I also believe it is an Australian registered company making the game - one of the main devs is Australian.

Correct

Alderon Games Pty Ltd

Based in Ballarat of all places