Anthem

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
Re: Anthem
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »
Super impressed with the transparency and openness with the community that this team has.

Also, surprised at the amount of change between the demo and potentially what's coming out tomorrow (early access) and further updates for full release

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2019, 10:59:49 PM »
Super impressed with the transparency and openness with the community that this team has.

Also, surprised at the amount of change between the demo and potentially what's coming out tomorrow (early access) and further updates for full release

They've definitely been very open about the development process. Hopefully it continues and they'll continue to listen to the community and make changes and evolve where and when necessary.

Apparently there have been thousands of fixes and changes since the demo build. That's promising as I really enjoyed the game when it worked, it was just the bugs that killed it, and the perceived lack of end game, but both can be fixed.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »
Amazon selling Anthem for $55 now

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07DM4YL2S?th=1

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2019, 03:03:51 PM »
So which release date is everyone playing on? Anyone playing on today's release for PC or 10hr EA Access Xbox trial or waiting until the second release date?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »
Will be playing on ps4 so the actual release date for me.

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2019, 09:49:34 PM »
PS4 so 22nd, unless there is deluge of reports between now and then about bugs, no connections, crashes etc

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2019, 11:51:04 PM »
PS4 so 22nd, unless there is deluge of reports between now and then about bugs, no connections, crashes etc

Been hearing some very positive things about performance and quality of the overall game compared to the public demo so fingers crossed.

EDIT: Loading times seem to be the biggest issue at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:58:43 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2019, 01:33:59 AM »
I'll be on PS4 release day. Coincidentally had leave booked too, which is handy

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
Hearing load times are still a bit frustrating but otherwise performance is night and day compared to the demo, good news indeed. I'm more keen to play this than the division and I really hope it has end game to keep me busy.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2019, 07:42:36 AM »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »
It is getting a bad wrap from some youtubers (generally the ones that I go to for a laugh) while lots of praise from others.

Ultimately the bad wrap is probably warranted. Similar to bf5 it seems like it was pushed out the door too early. Which is a shame since its core gameplay is really fun, but all this bad press will hurt overall community numbers and the game itself.

I don't understand why EA don't realise this?

Lots of fixes coming 'on release day' but it was a dumb move launching a buggy demo and then a buggy 'early access'. What did they expect.

I'll still be buying and playing it though, in fact I am looking for forward to it

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »
Spaz is the same. Will be getting it on release but if it's buggy as shite Spaz will shelve it until they patch.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
I think i'll pass on it.

I didn't get a chance to play the demo so don't have any personal experience on it, but i've watched a few gameplay videos and streamers in the early access and can't say I'm overly impressed.

I did see a few issues that would grate me that weren't even mentioned in said videos.

So maybe i'll check back in after release - or maybe i'll just continue on BR games until Days Gone or something.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2019, 02:52:52 PM »
It's a pass for me - looks too much like Destiny for my liking.

I think I would get bored with it pretty damn quick.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »
Certainly is getting a very decisive response in the greater community. I would be lying if I said I didnt have my concerns over it, but I had a lot of fun n the demo despite its flaws so I'll still be picking it up. A lot of the complaints from the "early access" crowd seems to be getting addressed, big 'day 1' patch incoming:

Large day 1 patch notes behind spoiler tag to save room:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also the live action trailer was pretty well made:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:57:31 PM by AkyraStrike »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2019, 08:41:00 PM »

People seem to draw parallels to Diablo 3 more so then destiny.
I can safely say I'm fucking over destiny and Anthem was a refreshing change. More action rpg-ish from a mechanics standpoint

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »

People seem to draw parallels to Diablo 3 more so then destiny.
I can safely say I'm fucking over destiny and Anthem was a refreshing change. More action rpg-ish from a mechanics standpoint

Yeah Spaz didn't think it was too much like Destiny. Yes it's similar but it definitely was more raw.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2019, 08:14:57 AM »
A different, balanced opinion, away from the let's pour hate on EA bandwagon:

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2019, 06:45:15 AM »
So BB and spaz played a few hours last night and the improvements on the demo are great. Its much smoother now and with everything customizable available to see there is a lot to do. Wasn't impressed with the market place charging for the game then big coin for the extras. Will comment more as we play through more. And the load times are rediculous  ............. on spazs ps4pro with ssd it was taking at least 3 or 4 seconds to load .......... the official doom and gloom brigade look more like fuktards to spaz than normal.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2019, 09:08:51 AM »
My first impressions are good too. Through a happy coincidence I had yesterday off work, so I managed to put a lot of hours into the game.

No crashes, no server disconnects. Smooth experience. Loading times are what I would consider normal.

I like the story. I like the characters (except the ones that are purposefully annoying). I like the lore (that is provided in game!) and have been trying to read everything that they provide.

The steps to complete missions are repetitive but I'm still finding the missions interesting as a whole.

Needless to say the flying, gameplay, gun play, skills, loot, graphics, sound and javelin customisation are still great. These are the things that, even through a buggy demo that I came into uninterested, swayed me to preorder.

After over slightly a full day of playing I'm not quite level 10. Under gear 100. Have only just unlocked strongholds but haven't tried them yet. So I'm pretty sure this'll keep me busy for ages. NFI how people have grinded through the story, levels and gear 450+ in less then a week. More power to them, but perhaps they should stfu and stop complainin about shit since they are the outliers.

I have 2 issues.
1, the first time I loaded into he forge my javelin was broken looking. This seems common. Only happened the first time.
2, HDR has been disabled for some reason

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
I'm enjoying the game, they just need to get rid of that bloody "out of mission boundary" restriction and I'll be happy. They can still have that message on-screen, just add a button prompt in-case I'm not yet ready to teleport to my buddies or if my buddies are 50m in front of me but it still teleports me anyway!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »
No the game is bad and we should all feel bad  :troll:

I sunk about 5hrs in with Tobor last night and had fun, sure it's not gonna win game of the year but with some more tweaking and in time with additional content it will be a good solid time waster. Bonus points to Tobor who no longer needs to worry about jumping puzzles, but instead manages to fly into every wall and tree possible  :up:

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »
Bonus points to Tobor who no longer needs to worry about jumping puzzles, but instead manages to fly into every wall and tree possible  :up:

Glad I am not the only one lol!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Have the Devs confirmed when the storm type events are coming?

What javelins are people manning first?

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2019, 12:52:21 PM »
There's a few roadmaps floating about. I'm in my phone so it's too much hassle to track down sorry.

I'm maining an interceptor and planning to stuff around with ranger as a secondary. However I unlocked colossus as my 2nd javelin to try it out when playing with the Mrs.
Storm is really fun but it seems everyone is playing storm so I'll leave it till last