• Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
This will be $64 on launch at Big W

https://press-start.com.au/bargains/2017/10/18/assassins-creed-origins-will-ridiculously-cheap-big-w/

And yet I am paying $179 due to some ridiculous statue that goes with a collection of them I already have :(

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:36 AM »

https://press-start.com.au/bargains/2017/10/18/assassins-creed-origins-will-ridiculously-cheap-big-w/

And yet I am paying $179 due to some ridiculous statue that goes with a collection of them I already have :(

I saw, for the first time, all the statues over the history of AC games lined up at a relatives house the past weekend and damn they look good as a collection. I'm so disappointed I didn't pick up the hobby earlier.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »

I saw, for the first time, all the statues over the history of AC games lined up at a relatives house the past weekend and damn they look good as a collection. I'm so disappointed I didn't pick up the hobby earlier.

I still need to get an Altair and also an Evie I started on the second assassin, and only got Jacob with Syndicate

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
That big w price is very tempting for day 1 pickup. I'll get it eventually but planned to get it later on.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »

Is that all? :troll: I pre-ordered the "Dawn of the Creed" edition from u-play store, cost me $199 after using a 20% code (was $249.95)

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »

Is that all? :troll: I pre-ordered the "Dawn of the Creed" edition from u-play store, cost me $199 after using a 20% code (was $249.95)

Hmmm, I like that figure

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »

I still need to get an Altair and also an Evie I started on the second assassin, and only got Jacob with Syndicate

Doh, really? I had an Altair. Can't remember what I did with it; but I remember that I wanted to get rid of it. If I come across it one-day I'll let you know

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 08:47:34 AM »
And here comes the DLC.....  :facepalm:

In saying that.. it looks nice, and season pass comes with the God's Edition and the Dawn of the Creed Edition (which is the one I got)

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »
It comes with the gold edition, not the gods edition (which is what I am getting). But then, I have never bothered with any of the previous additional content, still have stuff to download for syndicate.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:22 AM »
It comes with the gold edition, not the gods edition (which is what I am getting). But then, I have never bothered with any of the previous additional content, still have stuff to download for syndicate.

Yep you're right... that's odd... would've thought given the gods is more than the gold it would have the DLC pass.. but then again.. it's Ubi

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

Yep you're right... that's odd... would've thought given the gods is more than the gold it would have the DLC pass.. but then again.. it's Ubi

Yeah, you have to get either the Gold Edition or the Dawn of the Creed Edition from Ubisoft Store for $250.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 08:28:20 AM »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »
Yeah, you have to get either the Gold Edition or the Dawn of the Creed Edition from Ubisoft Store for $250.

Still very weird that the middle edition didn't get it.. and don't forget if you do want to buy from the Ubi store, you can cash in 100 club points for a 20% off, I paid $199 for the Dawn of the Creed edition. (still expensive, but I'm a sucker I know :troll: )

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »
Just had my Dawn of the Creed edition delivered.... does that count as a street date break? :troll:

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »
Just had my Dawn of the Creed edition delivered.... does that count as a street date break? :troll:

Yes, so you should refrain from opening it until at least midnight!  Bloody Ubisoft breaking street dates.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2017, 01:52:14 AM »
I may be interested depending on what they can fix/improve with patches.

Review

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »
I have loved stealth games since Tenchu! I've played all A.C. except the last one and the last few have got a bit boring (black flag was good though - looking forward to skull and bones!)
Doesnt seem to be much of a story. Sounds like they changed the combat system and its a bit 'clunky', a patch or two in and this will be a bargain bin pickup for me.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:31:50 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »
Doesnt seem to be much of a story. Sounds like they changed the combat system and its a bit 'clunky', a patch or two in and this will be a bargain bin pickup for me.

When has the AC games combat not been clunky?

Didn't play it last night due to Warframe addiction :troll: I'll give it a go over the weekend and post my thoughts.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
I will pick mine up today, so if I can get the day one patch downloaded tonight I will have a run.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »
So I played this quite a bit over the weekend. There seems to be less focus on story and more focus on openworldly-ness  (I just made that up). I kind of get why I am doing what I am doing but the story hasn't drawn me in.

Additionally, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but the animations and controls just seem a little "off". Having recently completed Horizon Zero Dawn, coming to this almost feels like going to an indie title. Close, but not quite there. Or maybe it's just that I am playing on the One S.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »
Wow, was just going to post up what I wrote on the 30/10. Having played quite a bit more of this I still can't help comparing how bad the combat in this feels to the silky smoothness of HZD. I kept losing a boss fight last night and it really was a case of poor input control. It feels like it is queueing attacks or something. Overall, it's just weird.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »
There seems to be less focus on story and more focus on openworldly-ness  (I just made that up). I kind of get why I am doing what I am doing but the story hasn't drawn me in.

After listening to a couple of podcasts this seems to be the popular opinion. With such a great setting it is a missed opportunity to tell a good story. They have a prominent historical figure in the game and the way they use this person in the game is lackluster at the very least.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
Yup, lazy writing combined with lacklustre voice acting, otherwise known as milking the franchise... but I keep coming back!