Offline JEM7vwh

• Clan Member
  • Origin: danielwwm
  • PSN: JEM7VWH777
  • Steam: danielwwm
  • Xbox Live: JEM7VWH777
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »
CD Projekt Red are the best. Since the conference for Cyberpunk 2077 was the first in Australia, they brought free Cyberpunk t-shirts for everyone in the main theatre of the convention centre. However they ran out of t-shirts but I was one of the lucky few that got one as they we left the theatre.

Not sure if anyone is going to pax and attending the cyberpunk conference or even if they will be giving out more t-shirts but a tip is sit up the back as they will run out of t-shirts.

Having said that the screen of the live gameplay is not bright nor clear enough given the dark ambience of the gameplay they showed. So either sit up the back and hope for a t-shirt or up the front for a better view.

Cyberpunk certainly looks very good, with CDPR showing multiple play styles on the fly by switching from hacker or stealth to assault but you certainly have options of play styles.

Makes me wish I should have got the ultimate edition. Bummer.....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:45:41 PM by JEM7vwh »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »
Looking forward to this. Even if I didn't want the game I'd still probably buy it to support cd project red for being such a good guy

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
Looking forward to this. Even if I didn't want the game I'd still probably buy it to support cd project red for being such a good guy

+23!!!

If they stay true to what they say Spaz will give them coin for not being Derek's!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 08:37:47 AM »
Delayed. Now releasing 17th Sept 2020.

Now that poses the question: wait for next console or play on jet engine ps4?

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »

Shame it's not on the next next gen. Considering how good it looks it may have been awesomer on the PS5.

Spaz guesses Cyberpunk NextGen NextGen Replaster will be release 3 months after the normal launch  :P

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »

Shame it's not on the next next gen. Considering how good it looks it may have been awesomer on the PS5.

Spaz guesses Cyberpunk NextGen NextGen Replaster will be release 3 months after the normal launch  :P

We dont know what Sony & devs have planned yet......not expecting to be able to "upgrade" a game from ps4 version to ps5 version for $10/$15, but it would be a good idea. I will probably just wait for the next generation improvements anyway.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »

We dont know what Sony & devs have planned yet......not expecting to be able to "upgrade" a game from ps4 version to ps5 version for $10/$15, but it would be a good idea. I will probably just wait for the next generation improvements anyway.

Spaz is the same. Will find it very hard to release any funds for games now. Shame TLOU 2 isn't nextgen nextgen  :(

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »

Are the next gen consoles going to be backwards compatible? Havent really been following the rumours closely..

As for this being delayed, thats fine, rather it be done right, plus theres already a few other games coming out around April that will get my attention.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
Yes for backwards compatibility.

Some games are also forward compatible if you think about it - those with dynamic rez scaling or 'performance' vs 'quality' modes.  Sure, you aren't going to get next gen smoke and shadows but it'll look and run better then current gen inheritly

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »

Are the next gen consoles going to be backwards compatible? Havent really been following the rumours closely..

As for this being delayed, thats fine, rather it be done right, plus theres already a few other games coming out around April that will get my attention.

Yes for backwards compatibility.

MS - yes

Sony - as far as I know: they want to, but only started working on backwards compatibility for ps5 in late 2019, so have not yet guaranteed it

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 08:43:05 PM »
Cerney has confirmed it (from a ps4 perspective at least) but rumours suggest it may be for older platforms too

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »

Nnnnooooooooooooooo.... I have been hanging out for this since I first saw it. May have to play some paper based CyberPunk.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2020, 07:34:41 PM »
Hopefully a good thing, although I am worried this has been overhyped x10000 and will disappoint (even if it's great)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
CDPR confirmed the Xbone version of the game will have free upgrade for the new series x. Sounds like it requires the backend support from MS (which was just announced).

Now MS are allowing the free upgrades (developer decides if they want to use the feature), I would expect Sony to be doing the same.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2020, 10:50:51 PM »
Good guy CDPR as usual

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
CDPR confirmed the Xbone version of the game will have free upgrade for the new series x. Sounds like it requires the backend support from MS (which was just announced).

Now MS are allowing the free upgrades (developer decides if they want to use the feature), I would expect Sony to be doing the same.

Thats a win for gamers. Hopefully Sony follows MS in this, cant see myself getting an Xbox One X Series Box X One over a PS5, though at this point i'm more likely to just be getting games on PC for the short to medium term anyway.