Warframe

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
Re: Warframe
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »
I take Mesa to many Sorties these days. She can just kill everything. If someone has a Frost I'm pretty much safe. This doesn't work in all modes but is my default frame.

Mesa is a god. I typically use her on the plains when doing the high tier bounties. The only thing I don't like about Mesa is not having a melee equipped.

Here's the post I saw:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7qji26/so_today_in_captura_i_learned_to_make_the_three/

Nice! I'll have to take Trin and some of my other favourites into Captura and have a play with the settings.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
Why no melee equipped? I use one with her..?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:55:05 AM by Auldar »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
Why no melee equipped? I use one with her..?

Her passive ability..

Mesa has improved proficiency when using secondary weapons, and gains a health bonus at the expense of not using a melee weapon. The stats are:

+10% fire rate with dual wielded sidearms.
+20% reload speed for one handed sidearms.
+50 health when a melee weapon is not equipped

It's not a huge bonus, but every bit helps haha

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »
Haha I didn't even notice!

I wondered why some Mesa's had 50 more health than me (I don't use shield or health mods).

Given how strong my Atterax is I don't care about 50 more health TBH even though it's about a 15% increase. Shatter shield usually keeps me alive for what I use her for.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:27:41 AM by Auldar »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
Haha I didn't even notice!

I wondered why some Mesa's had 50 more health than me (I don't use shield or health mods).

Given how strong my Atterax is I don't care about 50 more health TBH.

True, it's not going to make a huge difference at end game, I just got use to doing it earlier on and now remove the melee out of habit.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
Wow this is different. Got a Catalyst blueprint from the Sortie. I'd probably have preferred the Endo :P

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
Wow this is different. Got a Catalyst blueprint from the Sortie. I'd probably have preferred the Endo :P

Nice! Always good to get some catalysts or reactors. Plenty of ayatan statues or endo will come in time. Lately I've had 3 ayatan statues and 2 pistol riven mods... personally I'd love a legendary fusion core but I think the drop percentage is something super ridiculous like 0.18%

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2018, 08:09:09 AM »
been messing around with limbo - it seems to have an interesting CC skillset for things like mobile defense, keeping drones alive on PoE, etc. 

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »
been messing around with limbo - it seems to have an interesting CC skillset for things like mobile defense, keeping drones alive on PoE, etc.

Limbo can be very useful in certain missions if (and its a big IF) he is played right. There is no more hated frame to see in a squad than a bad limbo.. in a squad.. a bad player can just hamper you.. but a bad limbo can slow down a mission, frustrate you, and just downright make it un fun.. so.. be very careful with how you play him ;)

I finally decided last night to start the process of leveling up my Primed Continuity (its rank 6).. doing so involves forma-ing just about every frame its on.. so last night I forma-ed and re-levelled to 30; Banshee Prime, Titania, Oberon Prime, Volt Prime, Nekros Prime & Octavia.... and I know I still need to put at least 1 forma into Valkyr Prime.... I honestly dont want to see Hydron again right now :troll:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:58:13 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »
Had a rate grineer container spawn and dropped the mantis engines.

Sadly the mission objective was bugged and I lost them :( raised a ticket but they won’t be able to help

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »
Had a rate grineer container spawn and dropped the mantis engines.

Sadly the mission objective was bugged and I lost them :( raised a ticket but they won’t be able to help

Ahh that sucks! :( I'll check my inventory next time I'm on, might have a spare engine I can send your way.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »
From the official forums:

We’re starting 2018 off strong with Plains of Eidolon Update 22.8.2! The build has been sent to cert and includes a hearty cup of additions, changes, and fixes from our mainline update (22.6.0) all the way up to Hotfix 22.8.2.

And when we say hearty, we really mean chunky - Here’s a beefy list of things you can look forward to in this Update:

4 New Bounties: Ghoul Purge!

Ghoul threats are on their way! New recurring bounties feature the Ghoul monstrosities. Help defend Cetus and destroy the Ghouls.... but their destruction may not be permanent! Expect the Ghouls to re-emerge regularly.
Ghoul Purge will introduce 7 new Grineer Ghoul Enemies and Variants.

Focus 2.5:

• Focus Points and Brilliant Eidolon Shards will be refunded so that you can redistribute as you please.
  • Shared Pool Capacity: You will be able to upgrade your pool size using the points from any School you wish, which increases the maximum capacity for every school all at once.
  • Node cost reduced: The costs of unlocking nodes across all trees have, on average, been reduced by almost 30%.
  • A handful of Zenurik, Varazin, Unairu, and Madurai Focus School ability changes!

New Weapons and Cosmetics:

• CORINTH - Deliver a massive punch with each blast of this shotgun, or launch a round that explodes mid-air knocking down nearby enemies.
  • GUNSEN - Lacerate attackers with two razor sharp warfans.
  • New Stance (Fans): Slicing Feathers! Twirling acrobatic slashes with a refined touch!
  • QUARTAKK - Annihilate targets with four simultaneous shots from this high-caliber Grineer rifle.
  • STUBBA - Inflict rapid-fire bursts of pain with this Grineer submachine gun.
  • MAGGOR SYANDANA - Victory over the Grineer, draped across your shoulders.
  • MAGGOR ARMOR BUNDLE - Grineer plate, trophies from battle on the Plains of Eidolon.
  • MAGGOR ASSAULT PACK - Make a devastating entrance with the Maggor Assault Pack. Includes the Quartakk quad-barrelled assault rifle and hard-hitting Stubba submachine gun, with matching Maggor armor and syandana.

Invite Players to Your Orbiter and Customize your Personal Quarters!

Warframe’s shared-world experience will expand to your Orbiter with the option to invite your friends to come aboard! To make room for your squad, the Orbiter will be expanded further by adding the new Personal Quarters, which includes:
  • Vignettes
  • Stencils
  • Aquarium
  • Warframe Display
  • Somachord

To receive the new Personal Quarters Segment Blueprint, you must complete The War Within. Players who have already completed the quest will receive the Blueprint automatically in their inbox. So if you haven’t completed the quest yet, now’s your chance to get a head start before the update goes live! Editor's note: Chains of Harrow is a prerequisite quest to play the Apostasy Prologue quest, so do that too if you want a headstart.

New Achievements

• Pest Control - Kill 100 Plains Beasts
  • Master Angler - Catch 10 fish
  • Plains Prospector - Unearth 100 Deposits from the Plains of Eidolon

Gara Mass Vitrify changes*

• Mass Vitrify is no longer invulnerable and now has sections that break off and explode as it absorbs incoming damage. The amount of damage absorbed scales with Power Strength and Armor. Explosion damage scales with Power Strength.
  • Mass Vitrify no longer has a duration and remains until recast, destroyed from damage, or smashed with Shattered Lash.

*Gara is still relatively new as far as Warframes are concerned but since her release, we’ve found (and many players have found) that an invulnerable and almost impenetrable barrier doesn’t allow for a very engaging gameplay experience. The above changes aim to stay consistent with Gara’s glass theme while also making Mass Vitrify more interactive. While some of you are already aware of these changes from the PC update, we urge you hold your feedback until after you’ve had a chance to test these new changes for yourself. Thank you!

Volt Changes

• You will be able to swap to your primary weapon while holding Volt's Electric Shield, doing this will drop the Electric Shield. You can drop the Electric Shield as before to avoid switching to another weapon.
  • Reduced Electric Shield’s Energy Cost per meter to 1 Energy per 4 meters (down from 1 per 1 meter)

And much more:

• Dynamic Weather in the Plains of Eidolon + Rain slider in the Plains of Eidolon Captura Scene!
  • Exterminate, Assassinate, and Cache Recovery Incursions in the Plains of Eidolon Caves!
  • Capacity split into 4 different areas (Transference Room, Helminth Infirmary, Personal Quarters, and everything in between) with a capacity of 1200 EACH to hold all your ship’s flair.
  • New Orbiter Decorations including posable Warframe Articula, trees, planters, decorative toys for your Companions, and more!
  • Objective UI and UX Improvements.
  • New Operator Animations sets! Zenurik, Naramon, Unairu, Madurai, and Vazarin will have their own set of idle animations.
  • Bait, Dye, and Pharoma changes and additions that includes a new custom Bait throwing animation, and a new squad benefiting Bait system.
  • Sky Archwing deployable in Captura!
  • Replay Bounties for Standing!
  • Emotes in your Orbiter! Deep bows all around.
  • Mirage's Hall of Mirrors casting animation changed to match the style of the Mirage Prime trailer!
  • …tons of fixes and changes! We will update this thread with information on the build status when we have it - thanks!

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
How did you build your Zaw? What components?

I’m wanting one with good reach and Crit chance like my Atterax but did read recently that the best use of one of my plague zaw pieces is actually a rapier built for hybrid using CO (which I don’t currently have). Apparently that kills up to level 250 mobs (although i don’t really play endless modes that high).

Not sure which way to go. Kinda like having a different option with a different focus on it for focus farming with maiming strike.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »
How did you build your Zaw? What components?

My zaw is Plague Kripath, Plague Bokwin and Ekwana II Jai.

This is a polearm that has intrinsic viral damage from the plague kripath, plague bokwin increases damage but reduces speed, then ekwana II jai increases status and speed.

It's basically a super powered viral damage version of lesion. My build on it is a typical condition overload build, but I have a riven for it that does +range +speed +damage to grineer. I do have a secondary build set up with memeing strike and it serves it's purpose there too. The range on it is the best part, it's about 13-14m of reach.

Here's a good zaw builder site if you want to play around before comiting to a build: https://semlar.com/zawcalc

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »
Update 22.8.2 has passed cert and 2ill go live Tues 23rd, which will be Wednesday our time.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »
Nice I’ll have wait until I get back.

Looks like we’re close to a Formorian invasion soon. Hope it’s before Sunday!

This was the thread I was reading that was suggesting a Rapier instead of Polearm for the Plague kripath.

I’ve never made a zaw or a CO build. Have a read and let me know what you think. I still think I prefer a polearm but nothing seems to have the range of my atterax :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7r20b3/recommended_zaw_builds_and_zaw_resources/

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:12 PM »
Looks like we’re close to a Formorian invasion soon. Hope it’s before Sunday!

Fingers crossed its this weekend as the update next wednesday will kick off the ghoul event and I dont want to have to split farm both.

This was the thread I was reading that was suggesting a Rapier instead of Polearm for the Plague kripath.

Interesting.. i have spare Plague parts, I might build a rapier with CO and see how it scales and then keep the polearm for memeing strike due to the reach on my riven making it OP.

EDIT: so research indicates that people recommend  Plague Kripath + Peye + Ekwana Jai II or Ekwana II Jai. Ekwana II Jai if you want status and flexibility to only use 2x 60/60 mods, or Ekwana Jai II if you want crit but will need 3x 60/60 mods for a condition overload build... though brozime's build prefers Kwath Grip and Ruhang 2 weight, which is damage and damage... I think I'll go for Plague Kripath + Kwath + Ekwana II Jai... decent damage, decent speed and the flexibility of not needing 3x status mods for a build. I'll work on this tonight and report my findings.  :up:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:58:47 PM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »
Thanks! BTW must be my lucky week (kinda, losing that rare chest was sucky). I got an Exilus Adapter from my Sortie today.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »
Gotta love getting a 3 hour resource booster and then a 1 hour 50 Lith Exterminate fissure spawns.

Got about 900 traces with a couple of interruptions.

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »
i know its the way game is designed, but its so annoying that once you've got a mod drop, you start seeing it much more often.

at least I now have a single sword aura (dual sword auras were dropping like candy way earlier though)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:25 AM »
Ok so I farmed the resources and built the parts for my plague kripath rapier, levelled it to 30 and gilded it. Just need to level it back up to 30 again now and then test it out.

Just need 2 norg brain to make my tier 2 amp. Also if anyone wants a new archwing, the Amesha parts are all finished researching in the dojo. Building mine now
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:22:36 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2018, 10:28:33 AM »
Video comparison of my polearm zaw (plague kripath+plague bokwin+ekwana II jai) vs rapier (plague kripath+Kwath+ekwana II jai) running a condition overload build (only slight differences) and then maiming strike on the polearm. I think the rapier slightly outperforms the polearm on single target, but the polearm hits more due to reach, will probably use both for different purposes.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
Thanks for that. Do you think as the mob EHP increases the rapier will get stronger?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2018, 05:30:57 PM »
Thanks for that. Do you think as the mob EHP increases the rapier will get stronger?

I think so, using the rapier in the sorties today felt like it performed better than the polearm, again mostly single target. Also both those builds lack primed pressure point so that would take the time to kill down significantly too.