Monster Hunter World

Offline PakHin_Heat

• Clan Member
  • PSN: pakhin_lau
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2018, 10:53:36 PM »
I
Any tips on how to capture monsters? My next story mission requires it but I have not figured out how to capture properly.

My palicoe dropped a shock trap when monster was almost dead (had skull icon on map), monster walked into it and I ran up to it and used a tranquilizer bomb. That didn't work for me.

Are you sure it's a story mission? I'm up to the rotten vale and haven't had to do that, only an optional side quest called snatch the snatcher or something (kulu-ya-ku capture)

Right idea though, monster has to be limping / skull icon, get em in a trap (shock, pitfall, etc.), then use tranq bombs, it typically takes 2-3 tranq bombs minimum to the face (this is the important part, must hit the face) and then it'll sleep and quest will complete.

It may be snatch the snatcher, didn't actually check if it was story or optional. I guess where I went wrong is it takes several tranq bombs. Is there enough time to use several tranq bombs for 1 trap?

I'm not sure about the shock trap that the palico drops.. if it lasts the same amount of time that a pre-made shock trap does then yes, you can get in 3-5 bombs if you're in a good position to start.

It should be 3 tranqs to trap a monster, and it doesn't matter where they connect - that's pretty much been constant through the MH series. You'll have enough time but don't dawdle.
Nintendo SW-0354-8208-4517

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
I
Any tips on how to capture monsters? My next story mission requires it but I have not figured out how to capture properly.

My palicoe dropped a shock trap when monster was almost dead (had skull icon on map), monster walked into it and I ran up to it and used a tranquilizer bomb. That didn't work for me.

Are you sure it's a story mission? I'm up to the rotten vale and haven't had to do that, only an optional side quest called snatch the snatcher or something (kulu-ya-ku capture)

Right idea though, monster has to be limping / skull icon, get em in a trap (shock, pitfall, etc.), then use tranq bombs, it typically takes 2-3 tranq bombs minimum to the face (this is the important part, must hit the face) and then it'll sleep and quest will complete.

It may be snatch the snatcher, didn't actually check if it was story or optional. I guess where I went wrong is it takes several tranq bombs. Is there enough time to use several tranq bombs for 1 trap?

I'm not sure about the shock trap that the palico drops.. if it lasts the same amount of time that a pre-made shock trap does then yes, you can get in 3-5 bombs if you're in a good position to start.

It should be 3 tranqs to trap a monster, and it doesn't matter where they connect - that's pretty much been constant through the MH series. You'll have enough time but don't dawdle.

I have been capturing tonight, several monsters only took 2 tranq bombs (spamming use button but checking inventory afterwards)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
Decided to try multiplayer last night, and seemed to really speed up the grinding. So much quicker to craft a whole armour set, and the hunts were probably too easy.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 09:03:16 AM »
Decided to try multiplayer last night, and seemed to really speed up the grinding. So much quicker to craft a whole armour set, and the hunts were probably too easy.

If you want a challenge, try 2 manning. In multiplayer the monster scales for 4 players, regardless if you have 2,3 or 4. Ive done a bit of the farming in MP as, even with the scaling, it's quicker to take down monsters with skilled players as you can do more DPS when you're not the sole focus of a mon.

I didn't get to play last night as I was doing a back up (took 4hrs) so I could install the SSD. Still keen to get some WpR Monster Hunts going, I don't mind helping anyone farm lower tier monsters than what I'm after.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
I'm only just starting anjanath tonight. Would be good if we could get groups going with both sharp and blunt weapons for maximum loot effectiveness.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »
Another question: are people making multiple weapons or rolling back upgrades whenever wanting to switch?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »
Bought this from US PSN today. Was disappointed to see they didn't fix the Gamma overexposure and lack of support in the Gamma settings (Something HDR also doesn't fix) which is something Digital Foundry also found issues with. Overall, a great technical representation on console but not without its issues.

Offline PakHin_Heat

• Clan Member
  • PSN: pakhin_lau
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 11:01:24 PM »
I'm only just starting anjanath tonight. Would be good if we could get groups going with both sharp and blunt weapons for maximum loot effectiveness.

Just got past Anjanath with some help online. Would be keen to play if we get something sorted.
Nintendo SW-0354-8208-4517

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2018, 08:15:12 AM »
Another question: are people making multiple weapons or rolling back upgrades whenever wanting to switch?

I've currently got 2x bows and 2x IGs, but the trees get pretty deep in late to end game so I'm not sure whether maintaining separate weapons would be easier than rolling back each time you want to re-spec.

Bought this from US PSN today. Was disappointed to see they didn't fix the Gamma overexposure and lack of support in the Gamma settings (Something HDR also doesn't fix) which is something Digital Foundry also found issues with. Overall, a great technical representation on console but not without its issues.

Nice! and yeah pretty much sums it up, after a while you don't notice the overexposure as much but its certainly obvious if you come straight from playing 1 game to MHW.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2018, 07:49:03 PM »
Just made it to high rank.. Let the real hunting begin :up:

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »
I'm getting annoyed by the amount of noobs trying to get carried in multiplayer. Wasted at least 3 hours last night with groups trying to fight Diablos, always one in the group getting KO.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2018, 12:32:12 PM »
I'm getting annoyed by the amount of noobs trying to get carried in multiplayer. Wasted at least 3 hours last night with groups trying to fight Diablos, always one in the group getting KO.

It can be a bit annoying when you see people clearly under-leveled / geared / experienced trying to get a free carry. I've hit a bit of a wall in HR at the moment, won't say which monster it's against as it's a 'hidden' mon, tried to send up flares to get people to join and help but haven't had anyone join me yet. So next step is to farm a different bow to take advantage of the monsters weaknesses and hope that helps get me over the line solo.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »

It can be a bit annoying when you see people clearly under-leveled / geared / experienced trying to get a free carry. I've hit a bit of a wall in HR at the moment, won't say which monster it's against as it's a 'hidden' mon, tried to send up flares to get people to join and help but haven't had anyone join me yet. So next step is to farm a different bow to take advantage of the monsters weaknesses and hope that helps get me over the line solo.

You are probably further advanced than most of the MH players, so harder to find randoms to join. I think I am about to start HR. Have crafted all armour except a couple of pieces in the death set (waiting for unfarmable rare materials).

I played the whole game just with hammer, always doing mission solo first time. Only 2 times feint - once when i ramdomly ran across Anjanath around second hunt stage of the game (got me with his second phase, way undergeared), and once during diablos with a hit, stun, hit = KO. Never failed a mission solo.

Now looking forward to crafting gear of better color. One feature i heard is not in the game is transmogrify (put any armour skin on the piece you want to wear) - but it has been in previous MH games. Maybe a free update? Or DLC?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »

You are probably further advanced than most of the MH players, so harder to find randoms to join. I think I am about to start HR. Have crafted all armour except a couple of pieces in the death set (waiting for unfarmable rare materials).

I played the whole game just with hammer, always doing mission solo first time. Only 2 times feint - once when i ramdomly ran across Anjanath around second hunt stage of the game (got me with his second phase, way undergeared), and once during diablos with a hit, stun, hit = KO. Never failed a mission solo.

Now looking forward to crafting gear of better color. One feature i heard is not in the game is transmogrify (put any armour skin on the piece you want to wear) - but it has been in previous MH games. Maybe a free update? Or DLC?

I'm not all that far along, haven't actually been able to play much this week, only a few quests into HR, I'm guessing the monster I'm fighting isnt one that people want to farm.

There was transmog in MH:XX but not in the rest of the series, so its debatable if it'll make an appearance somewhere down the line, I'd like it though as a lot of the better armour skills are on tanky looking sets that just don't look right for a bow user.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2018, 11:51:42 PM »
Just be the 'final boss' of high rank, took me 36 minutes solo but downed it first time (using bow). Now on to tempered monsters

Offline cnstr

• Clan Member
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »
So bit the bullet and go t this on Friday.  Getting around at lvl 3 I think.   Still finding handy things out about the bow. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk