Monster Hunter World

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2020, 01:00:17 PM »
@AkyraStrike if you dont have auto-downloads on, large 35GB patch dropped yesterday

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2020, 01:11:06 PM »
How you going with the main quest @SmashedPumpkin ?

Havent been able to party up with you lately as my play time is a bit sporadic. I also switched my 'main' weapon over to using the SwitchAxe, really enjoying the bigger damage, makes solo a bit easier and I feel like I'm helping more in groups.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2020, 01:31:15 PM »
How you going with the main quest @SmashedPumpkin ?

Havent been able to party up with you lately as my play time is a bit sporadic. I also switched my 'main' weapon over to using the SwitchAxe, really enjoying the bigger damage, makes solo a bit easier and I feel like I'm helping more in groups.

Only progressed a few quests since last time we teamed up - current quest is to stop a Velkhana attack or something. Needed to farm some diablos armour and a couple of weapons.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2020, 02:51:07 PM »

Only progressed a few quests since last time we teamed up - current quest is to stop a Velkhana attack or something. Needed to farm some diablos armour and a couple of weapons.

No worries, I'm a bit further along than you are at this point, Velkhana was a bit of a tough fight for me, couldn't quite solo it and took a number of tries to find a group that didn't have that 1 guy triple carting.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »
@AkyraStrike I made it to the credits last night. Wasted multiple hours on the final fight with failing groups. Thing is, I have to farm that same fight for crafting  :facepalm:

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
@AkyraStrike I made it to the credits last night. Wasted multiple hours on the final fight with failing groups. Thing is, I have to farm that same fight for crafting  :facepalm:

If you get a good group farming Shara Ishvalda isnt too bad... but yea.. finding a decent group is the hard part. I've only managed to beat it 3 times so far (including the original end fight). Happy to team up with you to fight it as I need some mats from it too.

Have you gone into the guiding lands yet?

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2020, 12:18:30 PM »

If you get a good group farming Shara Ishvalda isnt too bad... but yea.. finding a decent group is the hard part. I've only managed to beat it 3 times so far (including the original end fight). Happy to team up with you to fight it as I need some mats from it too.

Have you gone into the guiding lands yet?

I had a look at the guiding lands. Seems like there are many more drops during fights. Dont really understand it yet, but is it just for augmenting? The guide I follow says to raise rotten vale level to get a new tigrex spawn.

I probably should be doing quests first to raise MR.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2020, 03:25:08 PM »

I had a look at the guiding lands. Seems like there are many more drops during fights. Dont really understand it yet, but is it just for augmenting? The guide I follow says to raise rotten vale level to get a new tigrex spawn.

I probably should be doing quests first to raise MR.

Yea, it's basically the 'end game' farming area, loads more drops during fights and new high end mats to collect from nodes (mining, etc.). I haven't done too much there yet, only reached it last weekend and then havent been able to play much since.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2020, 11:42:13 PM »
I may be done with the game. Last few times playing has been wasted 6+ hours in failing groups. At a certain point it is no longer enjoyable.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2020, 06:15:28 PM »
I may be done with the game. Last few times playing has been wasted 6+ hours in failing groups. At a certain point it is no longer enjoyable.

Ahh that sucks, are you sending out SOS flares or joining them?

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2020, 06:31:26 PM »

Ahh that sucks, are you sending out SOS flares or joining them?

I have been trying to join others, targeting higher level players. I did get the drop I needed from breaking the head of the final boss (stage 2) - pretty difficult to get (joined a high level bowgun user). Still, at this stage every hunt I need to do is a pain solo, and I tend get fails most of the time in groups.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »

I have been trying to join others, targeting higher level players. I did get the drop I needed from breaking the head of the final boss (stage 2) - pretty difficult to get (joined a high level bowgun user). Still, at this stage every hunt I need to do is a pain solo, and I tend get fails most of the time in groups.

I found I got a lot of fails trying to farm Shara and Velkhana but have had a decent enough run with most other mons, a few fails here and there but overall not too bad.

The biggest problem I have right now is raising the guiding lands levels to make new monsters appear is a bit tedious. Helps joining others expeditions, but you're at the mercy of what the game decides to spawn for you. I have 1 region at level 4 but the coral region still level 1 as I barely get to fight there.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »

I found I got a lot of fails trying to farm Shara and Velkhana but have had a decent enough run with most other mons, a few fails here and there but overall not too bad.

The biggest problem I have right now is raising the guiding lands levels to make new monsters appear is a bit tedious. Helps joining others expeditions, but you're at the mercy of what the game decides to spawn for you. I have 1 region at level 4 but the coral region still level 1 as I barely get to fight there.

Check which monsters you can summon/lure (at the handler on expedition in guiding lands).

Kirin?   >:(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:24:33 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2020, 06:22:28 PM »

Check which monsters you can summon/lure (at the handler on expedition in guiding lands).

Kirin?   >:(

I joined an online session focused on the guiding lands and have levelled most between 3 to 5.

Been farming shara tonight, 1 fail and 3 success but no head breaks yet so the quest goes on..

EDIT: Fuuuuuuu.... spoke way too soon.. spent the next 2hrs or so with fail after fail after fail... thankfully I eventfully got the tender plate I needed from a pity drop (aka failed but still got a random reward at the end).. still need 2 more to craft the greatsword now though.. Had to stop farming it and move on to other stuff for the sake of my sanity.

Trying to master the hunting horn at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:38:04 AM by AkyraStrike »