• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
Destiny 2 signature or page?
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »
So, with Destiny 2 just around the corner and the fact that Bungie typically provide a reasonably well featured API (and the fact that my coding is getting rusty), I was wondering if there was any interest for either:
a. A Destiny 2 specific signature similar to the previous ones (way back when) that show some limited stats
or
b. A Destiny 2 specific page on the website.  This could list the members of the destiny clan and any stats (within reason) that we wanted about them, such as hours played, light level etc. etc.

I must admit, I am leaning towards the page rather than the sig, but I am interested in anyones opinions, interest, suggestions etc.  I don't want to recreate the bungie website so it would probably be biased towards "interesting" comparison stats, although "the number of attempts at the jumping puzzle" is most likely not a stat available (thank god).

Option c is to do nothing, which, if there is no interest, is what will happen.  I enjoy doing these little coding projects but I do like to know that they are appreciated (or not).

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
Re: Destiny 2 signature or page?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »
'b' could be interesting but it's hard to tell if I'd actually use it.
'a' is a waste of time (from my perspective) since I blocked sigs way back when lol

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
I probably wouldn't use a sig as I dont tend to be on many forums other than here that would use it, but a clan page with stats etc. could be interesting to see.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »
I'm a fan of the stats page, could be interesting to look on as we traverse through Destiny 2.

As Akyra said, I don't use any other forums that support sigs, I only visit WP Forums so a sig might be a little unused.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »
I'm like Raz, signatures are blocked so of no interest here.

I like the idea of the page.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
I would be interested to how option b turns out. Not really interested in comparing stats, but it would indicate to outsiders/newbies how many D2 players we have. Not many clan games out there so I think it is worthwhile.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »
Ok, option b it is.  I think I actually have the outline of some stuff from Destiny that I was playing with.  I will mock something up when I have some time.  Happy to take suggestions etc.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 05:55:06 PM »
Ok, option b it is.  I think I actually have the outline of some stuff from Destiny that I was playing with.  I will mock something up when I have some time.  Happy to take suggestions etc.

Obviously the amount of deaths is the key stat we need :troll:

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »

Can we get team kills......even better  ;D

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:21 PM »
yeah stats page has my interest. would have to look at what kind of stats are available to offer any opinion on that.

I'm more interested in what these API's look like, what you're writing it in and if you want/need any help  ;D

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 06:31:45 AM »
A page that tracks Mimix exotic whoring while everyone else gets zip? :D

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:14:21 AM »

Confirmed: @mimix is Xur!  Where else does his weekly inventory come from? :Troll:

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
 :pop:

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »

Confirmed: @mimix is Xur!  Where else does his weekly inventory come from? :Troll:

You can't blame me then can you. "My will is not my own" :troll:

Hahah I'm sure @spazmanaught would say we are the same wierdo.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
yeah stats page has my interest. would have to look at what kind of stats are available to offer any opinion on that.

I'm more interested in what these API's look like, what you're writing it in and if you want/need any help  ;D

It is a JSON/REST based API.  The coding is done in PHP as SMF (Our forum software) Allows me to create pages with embedded PHP code.  Happy to get help with this.  I looked up my old code, but Bungie have made some changes to authenticate requestors that I have not added to it yet.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 12:07:47 PM »

It is a JSON/REST based API.  The coding is done in PHP as SMF (Our forum software) Allows me to create pages with embedded PHP code.  Happy to get help with this.  I looked up my old code, but Bungie have made some changes to authenticate requestors that I have not added to it yet.

Yeah googled the API last night... not too bad. Was expecting to see a gazillion methods but not so scary.

I've not done much PHP in the past, but shouldn't be too hard to pick up, so let me know if/what i can help with

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
Wow, they have changed the API's a little (lot) since the last time I played with this stuff.  We will need to come up with a good authorisation flow to get users to opt in to whatever we put up.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
Wow, they have changed the API's a little (lot) since the last time I played with this stuff.  We will need to come up with a good authorisation flow to get users to opt in to whatever we put up.

Haven't dug into too much yet (was waiting to see what you had from your previous efforts)
Wouldn't this opt-in thing depend on what stats we wanted to display? Looking at the queries, we should be able to get some basic stats about everyone - maybe not query vaults, etc but K/D, time spent, etc should be accessible?

Offline FonzieM

• Clan Member
  • PSN: FonzieM
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 07:25:42 PM »

Can we get team kills......even better  ;D

Or team wipes caused by Fonzie...oh wait...that's me...