Elite:Dangerous - stories, adventures & screenshots

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
Re: Elite:Dangerous - stories, adventures & screenshots
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »
Nice! Obviously not too many people like a pirates life in Elite.. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »
haha yeh. I am a good pirate with morals though. I do try not kill people, i just want their cargo. I send them a message in game using my phone, perform a manifest scan - basically i do what a NPC does. It is actually really fiddly and leaves me open to attack (and/or gives them time to run).

But they tend to run or fight. If they run, i try to break into their cargo hold without killing them. If they run and be annoying, then maybe i wont care if they die as much.
If they decide to fight......then its on.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
But they tend to run or fight. If they run, i try to break into their cargo hold without killing them. If they run and be annoying, then maybe i wont care if they die as much.
If they decide to fight......then its on.

Do you use limpet hatch breakers or just manually target the cargo hatch and take it out?

When I use to play on Xbox and was space truckin' in a type 9 heavy I would get a Cmdr Pirate every now and then, the good ones would do as you said, message and demand either some or all cargo, if they asked for some, I would comply occasionally, if they asked for all, I'd generally attempt to high wake out.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »
A bit of both. I've only been doing it for 2 or 3 nights, so I'm still refining the process. Hatch breakers are annoying if people run because you end up with cargo littered (if they succeed) over a huge distance. Sometimes I don't get to collect it due to police arriving. But it's good fun. Made some friends from people that appreciate actually playing the game, and also I'm sure I've made some enemies ;)
I've tried disabling people (power plant, drive, etc) bit that is really difficult without killing them - the cargo hatch is much easier to break , but still annoying.

It totally IS NOT profitable though. Rarely end up with more then a few peices of cargo.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
Some nice screenshots from the other night, to break up the Destiny monotony ;)

I was hopping around the bubble doing various things. Came across a ringed brown dwarf star

Then a landable ringed planet. This was pretty cool

Driving around another hilly planet, i came across this vista

Drove around it a bit, and found @AkyraStrike must have crashed here in his DBX

And a nice way to wrap up the night in another system

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »
Drove around it a bit, and found @AkyraStrike must have crashed here in his DBX

I knew I left that ship somewhere... :troll:

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
I have a tonne more screenshots on my PS4, but this is just a quick taste for now.

I've always said i wanted to spend time in the Maia / Pleudius (sp) region, and yesterday I finally did thanks to the CG. Turns out I couldnt find CG resources nearby, so i decided to test the new mission boards and let the missions take me around the region (patch 2.4 came out yesterday). The new mission boards are amazing btw.
Not only is this region of space beautiful, but i have found a tonne of things that are rare or that i havent even seen before.

Beautiful View

Landed on a freakin megaship

oh, and 2.4 also introduced some new things.....
(not really a spoiler if you pay attention to the game

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »
Nice! Given that Destiny is already starting to feel stale for me, I might have to jump back in soon.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »
I have a tonne more screenshots on my PS4, but this is just a quick taste for now.

That reminds me....I lost all my screenshots after the ps4pro crash fails :facepalm:

Had some good ones, especially of the neutron star during my 2 week long trip.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
Come back for another expedition smashed. You can now plot 20k ly courses (previously 1k) , add neutrons and white dwarfs for fsd boost to the course, see the last star that is scoop able before u run out of fuel. It even loads the map quicker

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
Some more from the last 2 days. In spoiler tags to reduce the size of the post. I still find that these screenshots are much less impressive then what is on my ps4. I'm guessing Imgur destroys the clarity and brightness.

Pleiades region continues to impress

Thargoids last night

Thargoids this morning (hint, there was an update very late last night)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
Some more from the last 2 days. In spoiler tags to reduce the size of the post. I still find that these screenshots are much less impressive then what is on my ps4. I'm guessing Imgur destroys the clarity and brightness.

@raz81 are you taking 4k screenshots? That is the default setting for PS4pro - while the game isn't higher than 1080p rez, I would expect free image hosting sizes to downrez large images. Not sure if actual 1080p screenshots would look better or worse than 4k screenshots on imgur due to the possible auto downrez.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 11:27:12 AM »
Not sure. I havent played with settings, but will check tonight if its 4k or 1080p

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »
My Destiny Resistance

Recent patch introduced mission and reward changes. There was a feature introduced that allowed for some really massive rewards for certain passenger missions. It has since been nerfed (fixed). But, I took a bunch of passengers to this pretty place

Random exploring. Found a mega ship. There was some cool voice acted lore that led to this

Crashed Thargoid ship with a nice landscape in the horizon. This ship is different to normal

Dropped into a Distress Signal. Found a destroyed battlecruise and armada. Also, 2 Thargoids. Shit myself. But they didnt attack, just scanned stuff and scooped up escape pods.

A destroyed massive cargo ship. Rescue vessels around this one, no Thargoids

Close up. Took this while i was 'feeding' it items and trying to make friends. Seconds after this photo shit went down. Another jumped in, and chased my friend away :(
I still believe we are looking at 2 factions. 1 is killing shit, the other is examining the aftermath.

Killing Thargoids. Part of me feels bad due to my faction suspicion. Generally, they dont attack unless provoked (we provoked a lot!)

Exploring a barnacle site. This thing dropped in and refueled or something. It was a fucking epic experience

Thargoids have a very cool animation when they jump out. It is like they create a mini blackhole portal looking thing. Hard to get a shot of it usually

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:23:42 PM by raz81 »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »
Oh, so THATS a barnacle. When I saw "raz scanned a barnacle" trophy in my feed I thought it was a bit weird.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
Haha. The barnacles are the weird growths on the ground. They started appearing a long time ago apparently. Some have now turned into a 'forest' (I have a top down screenshot somewhere, it's like a crop circle) and , as per screenshot, the thargoids are visiting them and shooting a big beam. It's like they are refueling.
The barnacles are also kind of terraforming the surface and nearby atmosphere

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
I really want to jump back into this but have so many other games pulling me away at the moment.... this game is just too easy to get on and lose a day :up:

Loving the screenshots Raz

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
I really want to jump back into this but have so many other games pulling me away at the moment.... this game is just too easy to get on and lose a day :up:

This. Or half a night!
I broke my sig :-(

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »

This. Or half a night! your life

FTFY