• Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Jurassic World: Evolution
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »
The day has finally come where I get to build another Jurassic Park! I loved Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.

PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
Re: Jurassic World: Evolution
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:39:43 PM »
I'm so keen for this!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »
I remember playing Jurassic park on ps1.
What do you do in this one?

After playing Ark Survival for so long I'm used to this happening
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:45:36 PM »
I remember playing Jurassic park on ps1.
What do you do in this one?

After playing Ark Survival for so long I'm used to this happening

This is similar to Operation Genesis on PS2, Xbox and PC. In OG, you built your own park and managed the dinosaurs, shops, finances, breeding etc.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
Sounds like fun. I played a lot of civilization and Europa.
In ark I really enjoy breeding for stats and base building!

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
In ark I really enjoy breeding for stats and base building!

Tried and tested strategies!
This was the same premise for Noah's Ark too I believe :troll:

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 01:58:39 AM »
Some early gameplay

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »
The developers showing their gameplay

Frontier Developments' dinosaur park management sim Jurassic World Evolution will be released digitally on June 12 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and physically on July 3 for PS4 and Xbox One.

I will definitely buy this day 1! Just need to decide on pc or ps4. If there is no mp connectivity aspect most likley on pc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:47:41 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 08:08:19 PM »
There is several content creators and press that have played the first 45mins of the game so there is plenty of video.
Plenty of clips of Jeff Goldbloom interviewing the press rather that talking about the game  :troll:

This is the pre order trailer

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »
From the latest issue of PC Gamer Magazine, and these are the new and interesting pieces of information about Jurassic World Evolution:

Las Cinco Muertes

On Isla Matanceros, the weather doesnít get much more dramatic than the odd rain shower.

On Isla TacaŮo, you have two different areas connected by a thin strip of land, so you'll have to ferry things around and make sure you have the resources to do so.

On the smallest island, Isla Pena, you have the added challenge of having to deal with the most dangerous dinosaurs. You'll be working on this island at night, which makes moments when storms roll in extra dramatic.

Some islands have starting layouts. They can dilapidated or worn out, though, only giving you a very basic infrastructure to work with. Power can be more difficult or expensive to generate on some islands. And some islands will be covered in vegetation, so you'll have to clear space.

Isla Sorna is the final island, with the biggest play space, and at that point the game will be throwing everything at you.

Entertainment. Science. Security.

While the Science team, for example, wonít appreciate you creating fantastical new dinosaurs that never existed in reality, the Entertainment guys will love it.

Being balanced and keeping every division happy is an effective strategy, but requires a lot more effort. You can follow one path, but the others will get annoyed. And that can lead to sabotage. However, you will get a loyalty bonus for sticking with one division, so thereís an element of risk and reward to picking a side.

Your advisors will inform you if the park is missing a building that serves a particular need, reflecting their own interests. If you donít have any merchandise stands your Entertainment advisor will pipe up and suggest you get one, because thatís a lot of profit you're missing out on. And youíre Security advisor might be happy if you build stronger fences or invest in more rangers to keep an eye on the dangerous dinosaurs.

Making Dinosaurs

The genetic engineering will directly not only affect the dinosaur's stats, but also their temperament.

A partially complete DNA profile also comes with the risk of the dinosaur dying before itís born, which can be both costly and time-consuming. The dinosaurs are the heart and soul of your park, and the variety and quality of the clones you bring in will have a direct impact on its success.

Campaign Mode/Story

You'll be told a complete story, but the pace and frequency of the events that occur will depend on your playstyle. And how the story unfolds will also depend on the division whose path you choose to focus on. A player who leans into Science will experience a very different story to someone who prefers Security, and vice versa.

The game is setting the table up, then letting players pick what they want from the buffet. There isnít a lot of beat-to-beat narrative, but the game does have campaign elements. The three divisions have their own characters and stories that are unique to those paths. And if you complete all the missions for a division, theyíll tell you a complete story. So the game is both freeform and scripted.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »
Not sure about this one. On the surface doesn't look too deep so will probably just check out other people playing it.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
Not sure about this one. On the surface doesn't look too deep so will probably just check out other people playing it.
All we have seen so far is the tutorial. There is supposedly an incentive to follow the campaign story and as you reach a certain park rating you unlock the next island which has more complexity etc.

This is a nice gameplay clip of behaviour I haven't seen in several other videos of the tutorial island.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 08:19:19 AM »
IGN released their Ign first gameplay.

It's the same 20min tutorial content we have seen before but looks like it's on a newer development build.
All this month we'll be bring you a deeper look at the forthcoming park builder Jurassic World Evolution. We'll have interviews, exclusive new gameplay to show you, and even a video all about how you make a T-Rex
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:37:30 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 06:19:03 AM »
Last week's species profile

Today's species profile

There is several previous ones on Jurassic World Evolution's channel. There will be 37 - 42 species in the game with something like 30 known / confirmed so far.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 06:35:18 AM »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
I've gone into media blackout on this game. I thought about it and decided I'm going to go in blind like I did when I bought Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on the PS2. What a purchase that was.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:42 PM »
GFX look good on this but I've never bought into the dinosaur games.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
GFX look good on this but I've never bought into the dinosaur games.

Same, but I am interested in park management games. Unfortunately there is no info to suggest this will be anything more than park management-lite.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, even though I haven't played much park management, only stuff like total war, Europa and civ. Plus I love dinosaurs!  So do my kids so they will enjoy it too!
@SmashedPumpkin Frontier actually have said it's first and foremost a management game, some people think it's more dino fight club or Pokemon but it's not. Frontier have supposedly done animals (Zoo tycoon) & theme park (Planet coaster) games well so this is like a combination of those.

A mixture of managing visitors happiness(which will have layers hopefully), finances (income, cost to produce, maintain and research dinos plus park facility growth/ maintenance), the 3 sides (science, entertainment & security) as well as dinosaurs individually and collectively sounds interesting.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:13:20 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 12:53:54 AM »
I'm looking forward to it, even though I haven't played much park management, only stuff like total war, Europa and civ. Plus I love dinosaurs!  So do my kids so they will enjoy it too!
@SmashedPumpkin Frontier actually have said it's first and foremost a management game, some people think it's more dino fight club or Pokemon but it's not. Frontier have supposedly done animals (Zoo tycoon) & theme park (Planet coaster) games well so this is like a combination of those.

Maybe it will be more in depth than I initially expected, will keep an eye out for more info.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »
Ok sorry Spaz must have missed what this is about? Is this a 'build a dinosaur park game'? No silly shooting them etc? Spaz will be into this as LJ is right into Donkeysaurs (as Spaz calls them). Spaz just skimmed over it thinking it was another stupid Turok!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
Is this a 'build a dinosaur park game'? No silly shooting them etc? Spaz will be into this as LJ is right into Donkeysaurs (as Spaz calls them).
It is a park management game.
Your attractions are the dinosaurs but your interaction with them will be limited most to: creating them, ensuring their needs (status bars are in the range) are met, keeping them safe from other dinosaurs and keeping guests safe.

Check out this video which explains what jw: E is.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 12:38:19 PM »
Is this a 'build a dinosaur park game'? No silly shooting them etc? Spaz will be into this as LJ is right into Donkeysaurs (as Spaz calls them).
It is a park management game.
Your attractions are the dinosaurs but your interaction with them will be limited most to: creating them, ensuring their needs (status bars are in the range) are met, keeping them safe from other dinosaurs and keeping guests safe.

Check out this video which explains what jw: E is.

Yep looks good for Spaz! Cheers Rossi