Jurassic World: Evolution

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
Re: Jurassic World: Evolution
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »

Frontier community manager
The pallor change you’ve spotted is due to the dinosaurs' health, they will become paler if they are losing health; this gives you a visual indicator that your dinosaur needs attention and facilitates easy triage for assigned ranger teams. They’ll also become droopy with use of the ragdoll system to provide further indication, and if they are close to dying they will fall unconscious. Ranger teams can heal dinosaurs with low health. You can also change the way dinosaurs look via genetic modifications (different skins) which you will have to research during your main campaign

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:40:28 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »
Developer Diary 2 released

Confirmation of Sandbox mode and Fallen Kingdom DLC.
Also Carnotasaurs confirmed!

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 07:23:48 AM »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
The sandbox mode on Isla Nuba looks pretty cool. You unlock it when you 4star the first island. You have control over the day/time, dino aggressiveness, sickness, weather etc. You have unlimited money but hopefully they toggle that to budget.
Your research/ dig sites has to be unlock in the campaign to be used.
Really looking forward to this game.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 03:59:41 PM »
The sandbox mode on Isla Nuba looks pretty cool. You unlock it when you 4star the first island. You have control over the day/time, dino aggressiveness, sickness, weather etc. You have unlimited money but hopefully they toggle that to budget.
Your research/ dig sites has to be unlock in the campaign to be used.
Really looking forward to this game.

Wow, actually sounds like a fleshed out sandbox rather than the typical unlimited money.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »
Here is the ign article which sums up the video above
Well, here it is and it’s home to Jurassic World Evolution’s Sandbox mode where you’ll have unlimited funds to help you build your perfect park. You’ll unlock the mode by getting a 4-star rating on the first island in the main game, Isla Matanceros. All the research and dinosaurs you’ve unlocked on the main islands will be available to you on Nublar.

You’ll also be able to control certain aspects of the game. You'll be able to set the time of day - daytime, dusk or night; control how severe the weather on your island is; and introduce all manner of chaos, such as introducing power outages and escaped dinosaurs.

Essentially it’s all the power that John Hammond ever dreamt of having without the hassle of Dennis Nedry running about trying to muck everything up with shaving foam.

"You can build the park of your dreams or the park of your nightmares," according to Andrew Fletcher, lead designer. "You can have total control over the type of park you want to build. [...] See how the simulation plays out when I don’t have to worry about the consequences."

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 10:23:48 PM »
From Frontier
The launch of Jurassic World Evolution is edging closer and we are excited to tell you a bit more about what we are planning during that second week of June!

Firstly, on Sunday June 10, 2018 at 16:00 PST (0:00 BST/01:00 CEST/19:00 EDT), LIVE FROM LA, we will be showing you everything about the game in a celebratory pre-launch livestream on both Twitch and YouTube!

We are joined by familiar faces from the developer diaries, Head of Animation Nick Rodgers and Executive Producer Rich Newbold, as we talk through the amazing journey of developing Jurassic World Evolution, show off gameplay on the various islands, discuss the ins and outs of bringing dinosaurs to life, and give away a bunch of copies of the game plus a super exclusive unique prize! We’ll be in the stream chats to answer and relay your questions and comments live, so it will be a great chance for you to get that last, juicy info on the eve of the game’s premiere.

We’re streaming simultaneously to the following channels:www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments

Jurassic World Evolution will launch globally on June 12, 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Frontier will be at E3 in LA from June 12-14 to showcase the game, so please do stop by our booth to say hello and play it yourself if you are attending!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
20 min new gameplay shows heaps of new info

Developer diary 3 has some great info and nice video of spino
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:58:57 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 06:55:21 AM »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2018, 12:26:44 PM »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
Ive not been keeping up with the info the last week, but Jurrassic World Evolution – Developers live stream starting at 9am (our time ~15mins from this post)

Looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:34 PM »
Ign gave it 4.8/10, but all other re viewers gave roughly 4/5.
Certainly has some interesting design choices but I think Best in Slots review accurately describes it

Release the t rexs

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:24 AM »
Been watching some streams of this and between my liking of these sim type games and love of Jurassic Park/World I'm very tempted.. only thing holding me back is knowing these games work far better on PC but i doubt my Surface Pro could run it :troll:

Anyone able to comment on the controls for PS4? Any good?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2018, 06:06:19 PM »
It's alright on console, a bit slower to do things rather than the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse. Creating pathways is a pain on console as it doesn't have that accuracy you need.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
It's alright on console, a bit slower to do things rather than the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse. Creating pathways is a pain on console as it doesn't have that accuracy you need.

Thats what I was afraid of... hmm.. maybe I'll wait for a sale. It seems like the game needs a bit of patching and additional content to make it worth the current price of admission.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »

Thats what I was afraid of... hmm.. maybe I'll wait for a sale. It seems like the game needs a bit of patching and additional content to make it worth the current price of admission.

I hope they continue to support this game for a couple of years even if it is paid content. This game has so much potential, don't throw it away Frontier! I'm not familiar with how much support Planet Coaster received so unsure what type of developer they are.

Might have to pick this up on PC, really missing the accuracy of the fence and path plotting.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
One player has created a really thought out caging system.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2018, 08:32:29 AM »
I hope they continue to support this game for a couple of years even if it is paid content. This game has so much potential, don't throw it away Frontier! I'm not familiar with how much support Planet Coaster received so unsure what type of developer they are.

Frontier have been fantastic with supporting Elite Dangerous, not sure about their other games, but hopefully they'll continue with this.

One player has created a really thought out caging system.

Love the double fencing for extra protection and a good use of a single creation lab to save power and space.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 12:32:29 PM »
Controls on pc are a bit clunky too, at least until I found out the Ranger & Transport shortcut keys, I don't think ps4 control would be too bad other than fences / paths not being so neat.

I just unlocked the 4th island. Played maybe 15 hours or so. 4 stars first 3 islands with some pretty basic dinos.
I've been using double fences, double gates and 1 or 2 Hammond labs with a temp holding area too. (Power can be turned off on buildings not being used)
Just put raptors on my first island and while being distracted a newly hatched one in my temp area was eating guests who had previously ran in that section ! when an Edmontosaurs was in there before he broke out (due yo not being comfortable).
For the most part batch breeding 2-3 of a species seems to be ok to keep their social needs met. (Which is why the 2nd lab comes in handy). Especiallyif you just made a new species which needs a few, your others are dieing of old age about the same time and it hits the fan!
I'm enjoying it and while I acknowledge the issues, they haven't really affected my enjoyment of the game.

Taking photos of your dinos from the jeep is quite fun, as is driving the jeep around!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:38:32 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »
I'll have to post some of the screen shots later.

Fallen kingdom DLC should be out soon.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 04:21:32 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rossi, it's definitely a game I want, but I'm still on the fence at the current price. I think it'll be a nice change of pace to play over shooting things in the face.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:45 PM »
Almost got my first island to 5 star
https://imgur.com/a/YqYkOfi

Also this guy died of old age doing what he loved..

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:09 AM »
Fallen kingdom dinosaurs confirmed. Plus new animations ! (At least the new ones will have unique animations)

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
I am interested in park management games. Unfortunately there is no info to suggest this will be anything more than park management-lite.

It's no Planet Coaster, but it's okay. As an excercise in self-restraint it's good - Keeping dinos away from the general populace when you just want a massive rampage.

Anyone else made a goat enclosure?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:02:19 PM by Slexlaw »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 03:56:13 PM »
I am interested in park management games. Unfortunately there is no info to suggest this will be anything more than park management-lite.
Anyone else made a goat enclosure?

I thought about it ;D