• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
DriveHub
« on: August 24, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
I've been alluding to this product for a while, but Cronus have finally released the DriveHub. This is designed to allow you to use your wheel (legacy or otherwise) across the PS4 and XBox One. I was fortunate to be on the beta for this product and I can say that, at least with a Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel, it is fantastic.  I get really good FFB on my PS4 that believes my wheel is a G29. Even the XBox Button works as a PS button and we worked out how to get the wheel to display the PS icons when on a PS4 and XBox icons when on the XBOne.

This is me using my wheel playing Assetto Corsa on my PS4.

I broke my sig :-(

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
Re: DriveHub
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »
Off on the first corner :troll:

So this needs the controller to be connected to the DriveHub?
Looks like a nice little all in one unit and good for those wanting to mix consoles.

I don't use a wheel often enough and a pain since I can't setup a dedicated spot/home for the wheel.
The GIMX adapter does the job well enough, but does add to the clutter when you have to link it to a rpi/laptop.
Something like this looks sweet and at a reasonable price.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
Re: DriveHub
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »
Off on the first corner :troll:

So this needs the controller to be connected to the DriveHub?
Looks like a nice little all in one unit and good for those wanting to mix consoles.

Yeah, I thought I was taking a clean line around the corner and someone tapped me!

It uses the controller to get around the PS4 (and XBox One) encryption on controllers.  A little annoying but the only "legal" way to do it without licensing the tech or hacking the protocol!  Otherwise it disconnects every 10 minutes which is a tad annoying.

Good for mixing consoles and also for legacy wheel support.  When I bought my GT2 wheel Project Cars and Assetto Corsa both stated support for it.  Assetto Corsa pulled their support on their first patch! I did look at GIMX as well, as I have all the components for that, but then I got on this beta. This thing works really well, and being part of it's development gave me some great insights into this tech and what the consoles are doing as well. The original CronusMax was only 8bit, and a lot of wheels are 10 or 16bit, hence the need for something like this.
I broke my sig :-(