Destiny 2: Leviathan Raid [May Contain Spoilers]

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
Releases on Wednesday September 13.

Leviathan Raid discussion/spoilers in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:43:44 PM by Ant »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: Destiny 2: Leviathan Raid [May Contain Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
I've renamed the thread so people have been warned!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »
Spoiler: May contain traces of nuts and egg product.....

I have to admit I'm doing my best to avoid any spoilers, not that there's any real information out there outside of knowing what the Leviathan is and who the big bad boss man is likely to be (all of which can be deduced from in game missions), but as much as it shouldnt annoy me, there's so many yootoobers out there stating rumour and conjecture as fact. Along with all these videos about power leveling and such, it just frustrates me that gaming these days has devolved into: watch youtube, follow guide, complain the game has no content when you've rushed through it all.

This turned into more of a rant than anything, but it came about as I was watching a youtube video on a hunter exotic that I have as it was interesting to see how exactly the perk procs, but halfway through the video the guy starts talking about how "X, Y, Z" exotic will be essential in the raid... seriously? the raid that isn't out and that we have no idea what exactly will be thrown at us?

Looking forward to going into the raid blind and actually experiencing the game.  :buds:

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
Looking forward to going into the raid blind and actually experiencing the game.  :buds:

This! I avoid gaming videos etc. until I am really stuck in a game. I am really not interested in following the "best" way through a game that someone else worked out. The odd hints and tips etc. is useful, and yeah I have been carried through some of the raids by WpR members but at least it is learning on the fly.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »
I agree. I went in D2 blind, didn't watch any videos or read any spoilers until after finishing the story. Only thing I knew was from the trailer and the what I played in the beta. It's a lot more fun not knowing what to expect and get surprised along the way. Same with the nightfall, attempted several times before reading tips/strategies

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:20:50 PM »
I have been carried through some of the raids by WpR members but at least it is learning on the fly.

The good thing about WpR is we all carry each other through at some point or another.... and promptly push each other off the ledges when we aren't looking :troll:

I get why people have the urge to push their level up in time for the raid, but it just saps the enjoyment from the game, the story in Destiny 2 was actually worth paying attention to, the cutscenes were graphically impressive and the banter between characters, Cayde, Ghost and Failsafe in particular was fun, plus some of the locations were quick stunning in terms of scenery, but so few people actually stop to take it all in.

I admittedly have been fortunately to play a lot, far more than a lot of people as I took thursday and friday off, but then I only played a bit sunday night over the weekend, I haven't grinded, I haven't watched videos, I didn't deliberately save certain quests / activities to push my light level up, and yet I'm 275 just from playing the game and enjoying it for what it is.

We all know that WpR is a very friendly, relaxed and easy going bunch of guys, girls and bogans :troll: no one is going to exclude anyone, look down on anyone, or berate anyone if your light level isn't 280 when the raid drops, or if we all fail miserably and not make it past the first checkpoint on launch day, lets all enjoy it and have fun.

Again, sorry for the rant everyone, just a bit frustrated that when I want to go and find just a little bit of info about a certain exotic, or tip for something (like how the new mod system works etc as it's not really explained in game), I end up with spoilers and people going full blown grind mode, power level this, dont do that, you need this for the raid or you're a noob, etc.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »
What I don't like is that some (well, most) youtubers put spoilers in their thumbnails and title of their videos. MynameisByf is at least being respectful in that sense - for the first week.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:40 PM »
Without turning this thread off topic of raid,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm looking forward to going into the raid blind, after some failed attempts I'll probably then watch how to complete it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:02:00 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »
Luke Smith confirmed raid power range 260-280.. so.. uhh.  I'm pretty well ready now at 275 I think :up:

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/907346510089666560
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:45:18 AM by AkyraStrike »

Offline cnstr

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »
So everyone standing next to each other with 280 Rat Kings will be SWOLE. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »
So apparently the first group that completed the raid are all power level 300s.
And it seems it's challenging even at 300.

What's our chance tomorrow night? Lol.
I am only 281.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 02:06:06 PM »
So apparently the first group that completed the raid are all power level 300s.
And it seems it's challenging even at 300.

What's our chance tomorrow night? Lol.
I am only 281.

It's always like that at the start. From memory Crota was the one that caused me the most grief to finish off. With so many glitches and @mimix on Crota's side what hope did we have  :P

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 08:04:26 PM »
It's always like that at the start. From memory Crota was the one that caused me the most grief to finish off.
From d1 the first week or two of raid was always tough, then you get a few drops from sections to power up and learn the mechanics. Then you just practise co ordination and can knock then out weekly ;)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »
It's always like that at the start. From memory Crota was the one that caused me the most grief to finish off.
From d1 the first week or two of raid was always tough, then you get a few drops from sections to power up and learn the mechanics. Then you just practise co ordination and can knock then out weekly ;)

Crota was a nightmare at first and then we could run it faster than most strikes in the end haha

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
Ok this is a major spoiler, do not watch it if you want to find out the raid mechanic yourself.

Edit: we were on the right path last night at the bath. And my "seasoning" is absolutely necessary!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:54:14 AM by Leinad300 »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »
HOW TO REDEEM CALUS TOKENS FROM THE RAID IN DESTINY 2
As you play through Destiny 2, you’ve likely found yourself picking up Calus Tokens on the way. Just like every other kind of Token you’ve been picking up thus far in Destiny 2, you need to redeem these with a specific Raid Vendor called Benedict 99-40.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:34:24 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »
As you play through Destiny 2, you’ve likely found yourself picking up Calus Tokens on the way. Just like every other kind of Token you’ve been picking up thus far in Destiny 2, you need to redeem these with a specific Raid Vendor called Benedict 99-40. However, just like many of the other vendors and NPCs in the game, finding him can be particularly difficult.

First off, head to the Tower and start making your way towards where Hawthorne is. For those who can’t remember, head right before you get to the Gunsmith, head right at the next turn and down the stairs. Head across the courtyard and she’s standing just to the right of Ikora Rey. Benedict 99-40 is actually just underneath this area.

Last time I was there he wasn't accepting tokens he was just sweeping up all of @Leinad300 salt  :P

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
As you play through Destiny 2, you’ve likely found yourself picking up Calus Tokens on the way. Just like every other kind of Token you’ve been picking up thus far in Destiny 2, you need to redeem these with a specific Raid Vendor called Benedict 99-40. However, just like many of the other vendors and NPCs in the game, finding him can be particularly difficult.

First off, head to the Tower and start making your way towards where Hawthorne is. For those who can’t remember, head right before you get to the Gunsmith, head right at the next turn and down the stairs. Head across the courtyard and she’s standing just to the right of Ikora Rey. Benedict 99-40 is actually just underneath this area.

You actually have to complete the raid first to activate him.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 12:35:46 PM »
Oh I see  :facepalm:

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »
Oh I see  :facepalm:

And Dan pops up and throws salt in the wound again!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 01:41:49 PM »
Important info from BungieHelp Twitter

Leviathan Raid Keys will be removed from Player Inventory with each Weekly Reset.

So, if you get one, use it

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »

Leviathan Raid Keys will be removed from Player Inventory with each Weekly Reset.

Raid keys, dont have any of those yet. How about tokens , do they get removed too?

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Raid keys, dont have any of those yet. How about tokens , do they get removed too?

No mention of tokens. We will find out soon enough.

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »
A map and safe routes for pleasure garden

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy