Destiny 2 - Faction Rally

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
Destiny 2 - Faction Rally
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »
From bungie.net....

Now that youíve defeated Ghaul, we are ready for a special event called Faction Rallies. Starting on September 26 at 7:00 pm AEST, you will be able to volunteer your services in support of your favorite faction, or the one that holds the loot you most desire.

Each of the factions of the Tower is having a rally to collect resources for its cause. Theyíre recruiting Guardians to gather supplies for their faction and destroy enemy resources. Theyíll offer a suite of rewards to help the Guardians rise up against any enemy threats. As an incentive, each faction has set aside a powerful weapon to entice players to choose their side. The faction whose Guardians collect the most faction packages will be declared the winner. The winning faction will offer the weapon to everyone, but all who pledged loyalty will receive it with a huge discount as repayment for their contributions to their factionís cause.

Arach Jalaal from Dead Orbit, Lakshmi-2 from Future War Cult, and Executor Hideo of New Monarchy will return to the Tower to ask you to pledge your loyalty. Before you can make this choice, you must first reach Level 20 and gain access to the Tower. You will only be able to pledge to one faction per character.

Once you have chosen your side, your mission will be to return to the wild and complete activities in support of your faction. You can do public events, explore Lost Sectors, complete strikes, clear the raid, or compete in the Crucible. As you complete these activities, you will be rewarded with faction tokens that you can turn in for packages full of loot.

Dead Orbit (aka space emo's)

Future War Cult

New Monarchy

In addition to all of the gear on display above, each faction will be offering a special weapon as a reward to be sold if they emerge victorious. Everyone who pledged to the winning faction will be able to purchase it for 1,000 glimmer. Anyone who did not pledge can still get it, but will have to pay a higher price of 50,000 glimmer.

Hereís what is up for grabs during this event.

Dead Orbit Scout Rifle

Future War Cult Pulse Rifle

New Monarchy Sidearm

You can earn faction Tokens to turn into your faction of choice all the way up until 7:00 pm AEST on October 3. We will declare a winner later at 3am AEST. Good luck Guardians, and may the best faction win!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:41:06 PM by AkyraStrike »

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
Re: Destiny 2 - Faction Rally
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
Dead Orbit has all the kool shizzle!

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:59:31 PM »

Can't see new monarchy winning the rally when their bonus weapon is a side arm :troll:

I already have the Dead Orbit pulse rifle, its called Three Graves, it's a beast. (shows up on the app as 'classified' at the moment haha)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:05:24 PM by AkyraStrike »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »

Can't see new monarchy winning the rally when their bonus weapon is a side arm :troll:

I don't know about that, the sidearm looks awfully similar to the Magnum in Halo and that thing was a beast ;D

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »

I don't know about that, the sidearm looks awfully similar to the Magnum in Halo and that thing was a beast ;D

It looks similar to the Suros Sidearm I have called Dead Man Walking, which is actually quite good... for a sidearm.. its basically an automatic pistol as suros perk is rapid fire:

http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1911843790

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 07:45:48 PM »
I was always a fwc fan but I do like my scout rifles 2nd only to hand cannons

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
  • PSN: siiycsfb
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 08:25:48 PM »

But those NM shaders...  8)

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:12 AM »
boo no handcans

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
boo no handcans

I got a DO handcanon from a cayde treasure chest. Doesn't come with a spiffy DO shader, just a small DO logo.

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:59:51 PM »
Oh damn! I'm liking the DO gear better than the rest... and I do like scout rifles (as long as they aren't small clips)
But I also like pulse rifles.... dilemmas!!

That price tag if you don't support the faction... ouch!!

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 09:19:21 AM »
I'm thinking Dead orbit for my Hunter, new monarchy for warlock, and FWC for titan.

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »
I'm thinking Dead orbit for my Hunter, new monarchy for warlock, and FWC for titan.

This is what I did for D1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »
do we know if the weapons are faction locked?  i.e. you need to be x faction to use x's weapon?

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
do we know if the weapons are faction locked?  i.e. you need to be x faction to use x's weapon?

Nope not locked, have the DO pulse and FWC handcannon on my hunter who is with NM

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 11:37:42 AM »
Iíve obtained all weapons from all three factions, havenít tried them all yet, but I must say I am loving The Number, the auto rifle from FWC.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
It's very similar to Uriel's Gift. Worse in some ways but High Impact Reserves might be better than the Tap the Trigger trait.

Haven't tried The Number yet though.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
Iíve obtained all weapons from all three factions, havenít tried them all yet, but I must say I am loving The Number, the auto rifle from FWC.

More importantly, New monarchy have the best shaders.

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »
true prophecy from FWC is a neat toy.  The shot to shot delay and the reloads are really painful, being balanced against being able to one-shot adds :D

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »

More importantly, New monarchy have the best shaders.

Lol.
In the next faction rally, Iím gonna pledge my titan to new monarchy, the titan armour set looks great.

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Not long now till the end of this rally. I'll be interested to see who wins. I assumed at the start that DO will take out but now I'm not sure.

I've noticed a lot of FWC banners

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
Not long now till the end of this rally. I'll be interested to see who wins. I assumed at the start that DO will take out but now I'm not sure.

My theory is that it will come down to RNG. I offer my 3 characters as the example. Hardly played Hunter with New Monarchy, got armour set and all weapons. Forced myself to grind a little with Warlock for FWC, got all armour and weapons. Farmed about the same amount with Titan for DO, still missing 2 amour pieces.

Thus, the RNG is forcing me to represent DO more - affecting the rally outcome.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
There's a bug that allows you to get rewards past 30 with FWC so I predict that will win.

Offline ChaoticConvict

• Clan Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »

My theory is that it will come down to RNG. I offer my 3 characters as the example. Hardly played Hunter with New Monarchy, got armour set and all weapons. Forced myself to grind a little with Warlock for FWC, got all armour and weapons. Farmed about the same amount with Titan for DO, still missing 2 amour pieces.

Thus, the RNG is forcing me to represent DO more - affecting the rally outcome.

That's interesting I'd never even thought about rng impacting the results but it makes sense. Ppl grinding to get the sets they want.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
Congrats to Dead Orbit for winning the first faction rally.. if it were ever in doubt..

Their Scout Rifle, Haunted Earth, can be picked up from their vendor for 1,000 glimmer for those who pledged, and 50,000 if you didnt. It's a slow firing, high impact scout with perks that include faster reload when crouching, high caliber rounds and tactical mag.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Event/364880304
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:32:43 AM by AkyraStrike »

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 08:31:38 AM »
Congrats to Dead Orbit for winning the first faction rally.. if it were ever in doubt..

Their Scout Rifle, Haunted Earth, can be picked up from their vendor for 1,000 glimmer for those who pledged, and 50,000 if you didnt. It's a slow firing, high impact scout with perks that include faster reload when crouching, high calibur rounds and tactical mag.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Event/364880304

mmmmm Tactical mag but slow firing = Crucible nerf!