• Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Re: Battlefield V
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »
I'll have to remember to try this out if I can pull myself away from Spider-Man.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »
Played a bit yesterday and will give it a good tonight. I like it so far, obviously a bit buggy tho

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
Played a bit yesterday and will give it a good tonight. I like it so far, obviously a bit buggy tho

Spaz will go worth what Raz says! If @raz81  rates it Spaz will get it!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
Disclaimer; I preordered, so I will be getting this game regardless. If anyone is playing the beta I am on my partners account (since that is the account i preordered on) for early access. I think early access finishes today(?) so I'll probably be back on my main account soon.

I gave it a good crack last night. It has its pros and cons, and i expect a buggy release. But that is nothing new these days, and definitely nothing new to battlefield. Here is an initial brain dump.

- I love that 3d spotting is all but removed. It is way more tactical and sneaky now.
- It can be way too hard to see people sometimes though

- I think i like the attrition system (ammo and health in short supply / supply stations to pick stuff up from). It adds a different layer to the game
- There are some very mixed opinions on this though. But so far i am ok with it

- I am not sure if the weapon customization/upgrades in the Beta is the final version. Not sure i like it at this stage. Basically, you purchase upgrades (eg "better hip fire") along a skill tree for your gun. This is in place of attachments. At this point  in time, if you purchase an upgrade you are locked into it. But i think you can buy another version of the same gun and start the tree again (costing ingame $$).
- In concept it is ok, as long as they provide a way to revert back and change your purchase (dont know if this will be a thing)
- Disclaimer: i thought the BF1 system was shit too (different versions of the same guns) and also thought Bf4 was shit (way too many options). The last system i actually liked was probably bfbc2

- Regardless of any negativity in this post so far, the gun play feels GREAT. This is the most important bit.

- Time to kill feels good

- Maps are great

- I love fortifications. It adds an element of defense instead of the 'run around in rings behind each other capping shit'

- Vehicles dont seem over powered. Weak if anything. This may change, but I like it at the moment
- Having to go and reload a tank means less wankers constantly camping behind a hill, or dominating an area

Before the next few points, a reminder that I am a massive fan of Conquest since bfbc2 and hated Rush.

- Played a lot of Grand Operations. It is amazing. It got repetitive after a few hours  (obviously because its beta and only 1 scenario available) but because of the gun play, lack of spotting, attrition system, etc etc i was sneaking around from cover to cover, picking people off, being way more tactical then normal. It was such a great experience.
- Current scenario is; Day1: People drop out of planes and try to blow up 4 stations (aka Rush). Then Day 2 is pushing thro a map, capping 2 flags, pushing thro to the next 2 (aka Frontlines(?) in BF1. Cant remember the name of it)

- Played a lot of Conquest too. Got very frustrated. Because of the changes, i felt like i was constantly getting demolished by people i never even saw. The difference between Conquest and Grand Operations is that in Conquest shit happens from any direction, whereas in Grand ops you at least have an idea of where to expect to get demolished from
- That being said, I often find i get demolished in any new BF game. Learning the maps and paths will help a bit over time

- I like the changes they made in classes (eg medic is now short range guns) altho i'm sure there is many debates about this. Specializations arent available in the beta so no idea what that will be like

- Run while crouched. Winning

- I like Support class, and the new bipod system seems a bit shit. Hopefully just a bit buggy and will be fixed

I'll stop now since this post is already massive. All that being said, I am looking forward to playing again tonight. The maps and the gun play are great, which is the most important thing. Everything else will hopefully fall into place.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:08:18 PM by raz81 »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
Thought this went live for everyone tomorrow when Spider-Man releases but it's live now so will be giving it a go.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 06:43:29 AM »
Installed beta. Start game. Start matchmaking. Wait 30 minutes without getting into said match. Uninstalled.

Best beta ever

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:21:13 AM by StoneColdHomer »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
Installed beta. Start game. Start matchmaking. Wait 30 minutes without getting into said match. Uninstalled.

Best beta ever

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is my experience.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »
lol Spaz wish he read this before he started downloading the beta this morning. 14gb and 10 mins spaz can't get back! FU EA Spaz hated you!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
Lol guys calm down. The servers got smashed last night since all of Australia downloaded it and tried to play.

I had a lot of issues too (could get around them by playing  on NA servers) but it cleared up and I played drunkenfield no problems till 2:30am lol

Offline MajorSpazz

• Clan Member
  • Meet my friend I call him "KNIFEY"
    • MajorSpazz on YouTube
  • Origin: TheMajorSpazz
  • PSN: MajorSpazz
  • Steam: MajorSpazz
  • Xbox Live: TotalSpazz
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »
Lol guys calm down. The servers got smashed last night since all of Australia downloaded it and tried to play.

I had a lot of issues too (could get around them by playing  on NA servers) but it cleared up and I played drunkenfield no problems till 2:30am lol

Good old Drunkenfield for the win

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »
I'm definitely not very 'good' but I'm getting into the groove of it. It is very good and enjoyable.

I'm gonna say it, it's the closest a battlefield game has felt to bfbc2 days. This game is going to be a good one.

Oh and there has been 0 server issues since late Thursday night, so give it a crack if you've been holding off. Quickplay has been putting me into good games (Aus servers) all day with very little wait time (there is also a server browser)

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
I'm definitely not very 'good' but I'm getting into the groove of it. It is very good and enjoyable.

I'm gonna say it, it's the closest a battlefield game has felt to bfbc2 days. This game is going to be a good one.

Oh and there has been 0 server issues since late Thursday night, so give it a crack if you've been holding off. Quickplay has been putting me into good games (Aus servers) all day with very little wait time (there is also a server browser)

@blue_bear1  If @raz81  says it's like BFBC2 then spaz is pre-ordering the shite out of this. Spaz will skip the beta now. No need for it  :P

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 10:45:53 AM »
Haha I'm not sure if that's exactly what I said, but ok ;)

Either way, Ive dumped a whole bunch of hours into this over the weekend. I find that most games I play to 'unlock' something, then when I have done all that I'm bored and move on.
I played bf5 all weekend not caring about unlocking things. I played it cos it was FUN. Learning and mastering the guns is very cool. This isn't bf1 where the gun spray is random shit. This is old battlefield where you can learn the intricacies of guns and git gud.
I also started playing medic and assault a lot yesterday (I usually focus on support) and damn. It's a great sign when you can't pick a class to play cos you want to play them all (except dirty recon).

I've also been watching some of the key bf youtubers and they seem to have the same impressions as me. There are bugs. There are some dumb things (ui and unlocks) but the core gameplay is the best it's been in ages

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »
Oh and now that I'm used to the feeling and the maps, I'm loving conquest again.
Im not getting demolished (as much). It has trained me away from my blind rush in run and gun style a taught me something even better
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 11:24:36 AM by raz81 »

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 01:51:05 PM »

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »
Spaz Pre-Ordered this. Went CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/Spazdisc. Spaz isn't going digital anymore after D2 and NMS being stinkers.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »
Spaz Pre-Ordered this. Went CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/Spazdisc. Spaz isn't going digital anymore after D2 and NMS being stinkers.

Kool just received my beta code   :up:   :facepalm:   :troll:   :-\\   :o

Well played EA. Not a good start!

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »

Kool just received my beta code   :up:   :facepalm:   :troll:   :-\\   :o

Well played EA. Not a good start!

LOL. I got mine the day before beta ended, so I got a few rounds in, but yeah.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2018, 12:13:22 AM »

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member