• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: PlayStation 5
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2020, 10:38:40 AM »
My ps5 arrived!

PS5, PS4 & PS3 all together https://imgur.com/a/ocWlOtL

Ugliest console ever made?

If you like your playstation history (both hardware and software), make sure you play through Astros Playroom (fyi, Astro can be deleted from the console this time, unlike whatever that thing on the ps4 was).

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2020, 10:56:31 AM »
wow, really puts it into context of how huge the PS5 is! i dont know if that would fit in my entertainment unit.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »
wow, really puts it into context of how huge the PS5 is!
Mine are all original consoles from launch.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2020, 09:42:48 AM »
My ps5 arrived!

PS5, PS4 & PS3 all together https://imgur.com/a/ocWlOtL
My PS2 is connected to a different TV as it doesn't have HDMI out.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
wow, really puts it into context of how huge the PS5 is! i dont know if that would fit in my entertainment unit.

Oh yeah, its huge alright... mine will fit in the entertainment unit, but for now I have it standing, should fit in with my white PS4 below:

Thats next to a 55inch TV

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2020, 05:39:53 PM »
should fit in with my white PS4 below:
also matches your white dress on screen  :troll:

The white has grown on me, i thought it was ok originally, maybe its bias since i just like the performance in general.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2020, 07:31:28 AM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2020, 04:55:41 PM »
I think my dualsense controller now has an issue. Noticed today in AC: Valhalla that there was a sickly sound coming from the controller when approaching a stone shrine puzzle (multiple shrines, but not happening anywhere else,  and did not occur before today). By turning rumble and trigger feedback off/on it is apparently something to do with the triggers.

Unable to replicate the problem in Astro.

Not sure if I should RMA yet - may be sending both console and controller back (need to remove the bees from my console).

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
I think my dualsense controller now has an issue. Noticed today in AC: Valhalla that there was a sickly sound coming from the controller when approaching a stone shrine puzzle (multiple shrines, but not happening anywhere else,  and did not occur before today). By turning rumble and trigger feedback off/on it is apparently something to do with the triggers.
I don't think its your control, a few on wp forum including myself had a similiar thing happen in AC Valhalla,  usually when riding a horse past a tree or similiar.  Like an un-optimised use of the haptic feed back

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2020, 07:19:18 PM »
I don't think its your control, a few on wp forum including myself had a similiar thing happen in AC Valhalla,  usually when riding a horse past a tree or similiar.  Like an un-optimised use of the haptic feed back

I will keep an eye on it, but it was something to do with the game indicating that the shrine is near - and continued to pulse on and off until I solved the shrine (dont know why the triggers would be involved in this, but 100% was a dodgy sound from them rather than the haptics/rumble - turned off rumble and it was still there, turned of trigger feedback and it went away).

I admit it may be something to do with the game though - just strange it never happened for any previous shrine (and I am a fair way into the game).

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2020, 08:42:57 AM »
should fit in with my white PS4 below:
also matches your white dress on screen  :troll:

The white has grown on me, i thought it was ok originally, maybe its bias since i just like the performance in general.

You have to accessorise  :troll:

Unable to replicate the problem in Astro.

Not sure if I should RMA yet - may be sending both console and controller back (need to remove the bees from my console).

Is that the puzzles where you have to line up the pattern? Cant say I've noticed it happen on mine but I'll keep an eye /ear out next time I'm near one and see if I get the same. Does sound like an issue with the game rather than the controller though if it's only happening at that specific moment.

Online Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
  • Discord: Slayer7744#9869
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
Sony adding VRR in a future update.

HDMI 2.1 chipset also limited to 32gbps instead of the 40gbps offered on Xbox Series X. Means 120fps is done at 4:2:2 8bit rather the full 4:4:4 10bit. Hopefully can be changed via a software update.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
Sony adding VRR in a future update.

HDMI 2.1 chipset also limited to 32gbps instead of the 40gbps offered on Xbox Series X. Means 120fps is done at 4:2:2 8bit rather the full 4:4:4 10bit. Hopefully can be changed via a software update.

This appears to only apply to 4K@120hz. 1080p would be fine, which probably covers majority of the 120fps options in games.
Maybe a slight colour accuracy change - but would we really notice it?

Looking at rtings : https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling
While some PC games that have a strong focus on text might suffer from using chroma subsampling, most of them are either designed with it in mind or implement it within the game engine. Most gamers should therefore not worry about it.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #289 on: November 24, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »
There is an ok black friday sale on psn right now, but it is hard to find through the ps5 itself. The only way I have worked out how to see it is on the first ps store tab ("latest") there is a large box labelled "Featured" - it will appear here eventually if you switch tabs back and forth (R1, L1).