Raid Lair - Spire of Stars

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »
Is any interest around here to run the new raid some time in the next few weeks? I think the recommended level is 370. I am not raid ready at this stage, still playing through the story missions. But keen to try it out when my character is high enough

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1
Re: Raid Lair - Spire of Stars
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
Spaz n I are not raid ready yet but can be in the next few weeks.

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »
I'd be willing to give it a go but heard it may require a mic now :(

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
If there is interest coming back to Destiny, then I'd be keen to get raid ready and join in.

I've really only done the first mission... waiting for @spazmanaught to stop playing Fortnite to continue :P

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »
If there is interest coming back to Destiny, then I'd be keen to get raid ready and join in.

I've really only done the first mission... waiting for @spazmanaught to stop playing Fortnite to continue :P

lol yeah Spaz is still keen! Sick of carrying @mimix through Fortnite anyway  :P

Spaz might get on tonight!

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
Sounds like most of us are on the same boat. When we are raid ready can organise the clan night.

I'd be willing to give it a go but heard it may require a mic now :(

Technically all the raids required a mic  :troll:
you got on fine all these years

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
Hehe true true ;)

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
Btw the normal Leviathan raid is a good way to level up once you've done your weekly powerful engrams.

If you're still working on your light level (I'm still at 364 after only doing non raid activities for the last few weeks), it would be a good way to fast track your LL..

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »
I'd be happy to help. I'm currently running the raid 'blind' with a group (no YouTube. Figuring it out ourselves). Once we are done I'll start doing it normal. 

Offline Destille82

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 09:00:51 PM »
still far off from being raid ready at the moment, but will be in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
Btw the normal Leviathan raid is a good way to level up once you've done your weekly powerful engrams.

If you're still working on your light level (I'm still at 364 after only doing non raid activities for the last few weeks), it would be a good way to fast track your LL..

What LL is the old raids? Spaz did all the weekly stuff this week and went up 1 LL. If the raid is the way to go Spaz will be interested! Only 346 ATM though.

O.T Did three heroic strikes and didn't get 1 purple drop = RNG is a fail again!

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »
Only powerful engrams give higher light. Legendary drops don't help anymore really. Once you hit the soft cap of 345 (340 plus Mods) then you need to focus on raiding and powerful engrams.

I think the original raid is still 300 LL? Haven't looked actually.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:40 PM »
Only powerful engrams give higher light. Legendary drops don't help anymore really. Once you hit the soft cap of 345 (340 plus Mods) then you need to focus on raiding and powerful engrams.

yes, the DLC has been turned into "raid or die". progression is painfully slow for those who are not raiding - I put the game down after the first DLC week for this reason.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »
I'm up for some NM raiding too. I suppose another way to level up would be through rewards from hawthorne for completing clan activities.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
I'm up for some NM raiding too. I suppose another way to level up would be through rewards from hawthorne for completing clan activities.

I think clan engrams are no longer powerful. EDIT: actually maybe they were just nerfed, so still worthwhile
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:32:39 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 12:30:56 PM »

I think clan engrams are no longer powerful.

So only raids to level up? Once again Plungie have segregated what's left of the community! Plungie for life!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 12:33:28 PM »

So only raids to level up? Once again Plungie have segregated what's left of the community! Plungie for life!

Im trying to find exact info, maybe the clan engrams were just nerfed, not made totally useless.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »

You have the weekly milestone engrams as one source of power engrams, and raids another source. The clan engrams themselves have been nerfed (not the milestones) and will only drop 0-2 power levels above your max.

Its a bit silly expecting people to do the old raids imo. Of course, "it will all be fixed in the next expansion, preorder it now for 49.99, and dont forget to purchase this awesome emote for $10".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:53:37 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 06:07:14 PM »
The clan xp milestone engram seems bugged ; when you see it it probably shows a power level at your current level. Don't pick it up. At the end of the week it shouldnauron decrypt at the correct level (powerful; higher then your level).

Apart from milestones and raid, I believe you also get a powerful engram from doing the night fall and prestige night fall (outside of the milestone one)

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »
Oh and there are some quests etc too. Eg if you haven't done the 10 weapons from mercury they'll drop at a good level for you to upgrade

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
I am in for raids as always.

Clan engrams milestone bug has been fixed in last nightís patch.

If you just started, blues will get you to 345, after that just the usual milestone engrams to push your power level up, no different to how we did it previously.

Few things we can do easier now to get powerful engrams, they are:
- normal leviathan raid
- pretisge leviathan raid just the outside part (ie the place where we stick the staffs)
- EoW raid - should be very easy give everyone is higher power level.

My titan and hunter are both in the 365 mark and should be ready for SoS Raid very soon.

Also l, the normal nightfall is only at 270PL, so you should have no problem of completing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »
Clan XP milestone still drops powerful engrams.
The normal Clan engrams (where other members completes clan activists) are no longer stopping powerful engrams.
This is to stop people from being able to power up without doing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »
Heroic strikes also now drop powerful engrams up to 360 (so 365 with mods), about 20% of the time.

If you have the patience it would be better to grind strikes before handing in weekly engram rewards

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »
Heroic strikes also now drop powerful engrams up to 360 (so 365 with mods), about 20% of the time.

Yeah that's broken! Spaz did 5 heroic strikes and didn't get 1 purple. All blue @ 339. FU Plungie!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 08:04:20 PM »
That strike thing just came in this week's patch fwiw @spazmanaught (dunno if U did your strikes before or after tho)

rng sux though. Ive played d2 a lot and only recently got my first ever exotic ship and sparrow. I've also only ever seen 2 catalysts drop for me.
Mrs Potts on the other hand is swimming in exotic ships and got 2 catalysts in 1 quick sitting doing the flashpoint milestone. FFS!