Forsaken Expansion

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: Forsaken Expansion
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
is anyone still playing this?

Waiting for reviews, but have not seen anything yet that temps me to splash more cash

Yes
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 03:19:13 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
A quick spoiler-free rundown for anyone interested.

New story missions are good, although very easy if not running solo. Not a great story (as usual), but nobody is playing the game for the story.

Plenty of activities to do after the campaign, like hunting down bosses, new patrol locations with lost sectors and adventures,  2 new strikes I think, and new public events. These will get power level to the soft cap.

Power engrams needed to raise power level above soft cap - and thankfuly there are more ways to earn these. Some power engrams can be earnt daily, others weekly, and the activities involved are varied. In short - much more variety in the grinding for power level.

Exotic drops are very rare now. I have had 1 new exotic drop and 1 old exotic, and have not seen anyone else in my fireteams have any drop.

Overall the game is fun again due to the variety of the grind. 3 new supers for each class add some freshness to the game - new warlock void super is awesome.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 09:32:27 PM »
I will admit after all the ranting I've done about it, i have thought about it a couple of times. I've even dipped back in for a couple of missions on the last dlc.

Watched a lot of Datto and his team struggle through the raid. Mental stuff I there, so much coordination required.
Says something when the fastest was 18hrs or something.

Offline elrast333

• Clan Member
  • PSN: elrast333
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
The exotics now feel more powerful than vanilla D2 so they're now back to D1.5!

Been having fun using ace of spades to explode heads (and the conveniently adjacent shielded yellow bar....)

btw been trying to solo Vorgeth and only to the DPS phase once.  If anyone already has the awoken medallion (trigger wishender bow quest) and/or want to do the ascendant challenge let me know.