Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 01:23:50 PM »
I haven't needed any xp boost. I'm lvl 38 and not sure how much of the story I'm through but I haven't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Been exploring and mostly just doing quests in areas while taking bounties and clearing any base or fort I cross.
I'll get a lvl or two each time I play for and hour or two.
Gear is great, love the gameplay and storey and overall really enjoying the game.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »
I'm level 41 and I haven't needed them. I did have one boost earlier from something but it didn't make much difference. It has been reasonably fun. A bit better once multiple story arcs open up. It is definitely a different,  less linear sort of, approach than previous AC games.

My son just flew through most of the story quests and can take on guys much higher level than himself and succeed.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:08 AM »
Thanks for the info, it affects the price point at which I will buy the game, and I can keep my record of never touching microtransactions.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 05:43:06 AM »
I believe jb hi fi had it on sale.

I have been enjoying my talks with Sokrates, some of the missions are quite interesting.
Checked the Ubisoft app and I've played 45 hours. I'm lvl 37 (out if 70 max - used to be 50 but was increases in recent update), I'm 37% storey complete, killed heaps of merc like 122, 93 ships, 2002 total kills, 3 arena champs etc...
I love the bounty system, very much like shadow of wars nemesis system. Ship battles are back like in black flag. I really rate this as one of my favourite games of this console generation.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »
When starting just note that it reveals different gameplay elements slowly and once you get just past the end of the third area, it opens up dramatically.

Just a word of advice (and I'll keep it spoiler free): When you're told about the origins of your spear (which the player knows from the prologue anyway), you'll be sent of a reasonably long boat trip. Follow that quest and don't be tempted to explore. After you've done that, go gangbusters and do whatever you like. You'll know why once you've done it.