• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »
I have been playing since Sunday. Combat gets better when you realise you have to time your strikes not button mash. As a word of warning, this game is incredibly glitched at the moment. I haven't got any of my berserker pack contents which seems to be a common problem. I have had to re-run a mission because I went over a fence rather than through an arch and David had to restart his game as one critical cut screen wouldn't trigger. Also getting hungup on walls happens.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 01:12:43 AM »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »
Tip to help transfer ps4 save file to ps5:  play5

The save games from ps4 uploaded to your ps+ online storage (or stored on usb) are not compatible. It is the Ubisoft Connect cloud saves that are compatible (the ones with a cloud icon next to them when you are at the load game screen). They will automatically show up in the load game screen on the ps5 version.

Trophies won't transfer as far as I can tell.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2020, 09:22:54 AM »
Tip to help transfer ps4 save file to ps5:  play5
Thanks

For those of you that have Amazon Prime (and thus Prime Gaming) (if you don't sign up for a free trial) then go to claim this for free

For a limited time only, get the Carolingian Gear Pack in Assassin's Creed Valhalla including a gear set, mount, raven skin, shield, weapon, naval skin set and naval prop set.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/acv?ctx=account-link

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2020, 01:03:14 PM »
I think I am about 30 hours in now and the game, although fun, feels very disjointed. I actually got to a point yesterday where it was "what now". The game doesn't really lead you through the progression. I ended up going and forging an alliance with another region but not really sure why I am bothering (except it is kinda the main story). And why/when do I bother
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the skills tree seems all over the place (pun intended). Oh, and what about the
. Killing them just seems to be a meaningless pastime. And, so far, I have "accidentally" killed two without even trying.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 08:45:19 AM »
Also, the skills tree seems all over the place (pun intended). Oh, and what about the
. Killing them just seems to be a meaningless pastime. And, so far, I have "accidentally" killed two without even trying.

I'm not a fan of the skill tree, feels a bit disjointed, I've just picked a colour and stuck with it  :troll:

And the 'order' seems very much a side quest in this game, its a shame because I really like the whole assassins v templars theme of the series (except the modern day crap).. I think they could've made this game without it being Assassins Creed and it would be a passable viking themed adventure game.

Still enjoying it though, it has its issues, but overall I'm happy with it.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:40 AM »

I'm not a fan of the skill tree, feels a bit disjointed, I've just picked a colour and stuck with it  :troll:

And the 'order' seems very much a side quest in this game, its a shame because I really like the whole assassins v templars theme of the series (except the modern day crap).. I think they could've made this game without it being Assassins Creed and it would be a passable viking themed adventure game.

Still enjoying it though, it has its issues, but overall I'm happy with it.

Except that the order is intertwined through the main story as well. It really is all over the place. Having said that, it is still enjoyable but I would regard this as a wait for discounted title

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
I increased combat difficulty and am enjoying the game a bit more. It forced me to use parry more often, especially against tougher enemies.

60fps feels smooth on the ps5, the game feels better in all aspects of movement.

Can't disagree with any opinions in this thread yet, but will reserve judgment until I'm nearer the end of the game.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »
Can't disagree with any opinions in this thread yet, but will reserve judgment until I'm nearer the end of the game.
It does seem that they are trying to appeal to many different types of gamers, and to ring in more players under the AC brand, but as with many of the recent ones, they could easily be their own game without any reference to AC (like watch dogs being almost a modern day version).
Im about 20 hours in and enjoying the story, but i can see others frustration who have played 30+ hours saying its just the same fetch quests over and over, if you are not into the story.
I did get over large open world games with many side quests (partly why i didnt finish Odyssey as much as i enjoyed it), so i think ill just focus on the story and not clear all areas.

I also prefer the stealth / assasin / tracking and hunting specific individuals over the raiding / just open combat parts.
Fingers crossed for a Technu stealth assasin remake!, i guess thats pretty close to Ghost of Tshuima though :)

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »
The more i play, the more I see screen tearing in the cutscenes. Only really noticed it starting to appear after a certain point in the game, and thankfully it is only appears briefly.

Also heard ACG mention it is an issue on xsx.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
  • Discord: Slayer7744#9869
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2020, 12:51:52 PM »
The more i play, the more I see screen tearing in the cutscenes. Only really noticed it starting to appear after a certain point in the game, and thankfully it is only appears briefly.

Also heard ACG mention it is an issue on xsx.

Yeah Digital Foundry is having a hell of a time trying to analyse these games that use Adaptive V-Sync.

Also, it seems Ubisoft could care less about the audio of the past 3 AC games according to this guy who did an investigation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/jx8lpc/analysis_assassins_creed_highlights_a_very/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:54:32 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 08:45:32 AM »
I had 3 fun glitches whilst playing yesterday, first I got stuck in a rock, then I found a tree floating in the air, then finally when fishing the fish glitched up about a metre above the water and was swimming in the air... what would an open world game be without glitches.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »
Continued from playstation 5 thread.....

I think my dualsense controller now has an issue. Noticed today in AC: Valhalla that there was a sickly sound coming from the controller when approaching a stone shrine puzzle (multiple shrines, but not happening anywhere else,  and did not occur before today). By turning rumble and trigger feedback off/on it is apparently something to do with the triggers.
I don't think its your control, a few on wp forum including myself had a similiar thing happen in AC Valhalla,  usually when riding a horse past a tree or similiar.  Like an un-optimised use of the haptic feed back

I will keep an eye on it, but it was something to do with the game indicating that the shrine is near - and continued to pulse on and off until I solved the shrine (dont know why the triggers would be involved in this, but 100% was a dodgy sound from them rather than the haptics/rumble - turned off rumble and it was still there, turned of trigger feedback and it went away).

I admit it may be something to do with the game though - just strange it never happened for any previous shrine (and I am a fair way into the game).

Others have reported the same issue, so definitely some sort of issue with the game. I did try running into objects while riding horse, and it is similar (but worse). For me it started happening AFTER Lunden (at the stone shrine in next area). Following link has video of the strange controller noise:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jw3dty/ps5_controller_making_noise_while_playing/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:47:16 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 04:26:29 PM »
Nice simple video editing tools on ps5, no sharefactory needed just to trim a single clip

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
I am feeling a bit fatigued almost 40 hours in, with almost too much to do. Only power 90 (some areas show up to 250), so I think I'll just follow the story a bit and stop being distracted just exploring, finding abilities and collecting wealth.
I had a similar feeling in Odyssey at 90 hours and never finished, these large scale open worlds are harder to keep my attention.
But that said the combat is much more fun now with more skills and abilities! And hunting the order is fun, so I might focus on finding more clues and taking them down.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Continued from playstation 5 thread.....

I think my dualsense controller now has an issue. Noticed today in AC: Valhalla that there was a sickly sound coming from the controller when approaching a stone shrine puzzle (multiple shrines, but not happening anywhere else,  and did not occur before today). By turning rumble and trigger feedback off/on it is apparently something to do with the triggers.
I don't think its your control, a few on wp forum including myself had a similiar thing happen in AC Valhalla,  usually when riding a horse past a tree or similiar.  Like an un-optimised use of the haptic feed back

I will keep an eye on it, but it was something to do with the game indicating that the shrine is near - and continued to pulse on and off until I solved the shrine (dont know why the triggers would be involved in this, but 100% was a dodgy sound from them rather than the haptics/rumble - turned off rumble and it was still there, turned of trigger feedback and it went away).

I admit it may be something to do with the game though - just strange it never happened for any previous shrine (and I am a fair way into the game).

Others have reported the same issue, so definitely some sort of issue with the game. I did try running into objects while riding horse, and it is similar (but worse). For me it started happening AFTER Lunden (at the stone shrine in next area). Following link has video of the strange controller noise:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jw3dty/ps5_controller_making_noise_while_playing/

Patch last night fixed this issue with the triggers - tested as I kept a save game right at a shrine.

Edit: Trophies from ps4 version also popped on ps5 after patch.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:12:48 PM by SmashedPumpkin »