Fallout 4

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
Yeah pretty sure my sons dead somewhere while i play arcade games on my Pipboy.

Haha nice!

I'm pretty sure the story of Fallout 4 is something along the lines of.. I have to find my son... right after I build multuple settlements, loot all the plungers in the wasteland, kill about 500,000 people/animals and put a bowler hat on my robot servant.. (serious.. do it if you haven't already haha)

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy
  • Xbox Live: pihaboy
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2015, 04:06:37 PM »

Haha nice!

I'm pretty sure the story of Fallout 4 is something along the lines of.. I have to find my son... right after I build multuple settlements, loot all the plungers in the wasteland, kill about 500,000 people/animals and put a bowler hat on my robot servant.. (serious.. do it if you haven't already haha)

I always intend to try and find him when i turn the game on.
But i'm still missing a 3 ball from the pool table in my house.
It won't just find itself.

Offline Mako

• I'm a Regular
  • They call me The Wanderer...
« Reply #327 on: December 22, 2015, 11:19:33 AM »
-potential spoilers-

I actually beg to differ on this, I'm completely and utterly absorbed into the main quest line. Just completed Act I last night and had the Brotherhood of Steel rock up in the Prydwen and their vertibirds. Super keen to get knighted by them and stomp around the wasteland in my own suit of T-60 Power Armor :D

I've put off doing the main quests to do a few side quests, search for better armor and the like. I have a rough hunch about the status of my son, and if I'm right, he doesn't need my urgent rescue ;)

But, as one who didn't follow the massive hype train of Fallout 4's release, I'm yet to be disappointed. The pipe weapons are a bit bland, yes, but my max-modded Marksman's rifle and tricked out 10mm pistol is all I need to keep me alive.

That and sometimes when I get bored, I like to put on my laundered grey suit, a bowler's hat and wield a Tommy gun blasting apart my foes!
One shot, one kill. No luck, all skill.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #328 on: December 22, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
That and sometimes when I get bored, I like to put on my laundered grey suit, a bowler's hat and wield a Tommy gun blasting apart my foes!

Nice!!!   :worthless:

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #329 on: December 22, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »
-potential spoilers-

I actually beg to differ on this, I'm completely and utterly absorbed into the main quest line. Just completed Act I last night and had the Brotherhood of Steel rock up in the Prydwen and their vertibirds. Super keen to get knighted by them and stomp around the wasteland in my own suit of T-60 Power Armor :D

I've put off doing the main quests to do a few side quests, search for better armor and the like. I have a rough hunch about the status of my son, and if I'm right, he doesn't need my urgent rescue ;)

But, as one who didn't follow the massive hype train of Fallout 4's release, I'm yet to be disappointed. The pipe weapons are a bit bland, yes, but my max-modded Marksman's rifle and tricked out 10mm pistol is all I need to keep me alive.

Its not that i don't care about the story.
I also don't want to progress it to a point where i have closed off a bunch of factions to myself.

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »
and now i've finished the main story, i dont know how much longer I can play this....

getting my 18 person sanctuary settlement to 100 happiness is going very slowly. currently up to 85 and rising. i think i need more defense. (apparently defense needs to be greater than the sum of food and water)

Offline Mako

• I'm a Regular
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »
-potential spoilers-

I also don't want to progress it to a point where i have closed off a bunch of factions to myself.
Ahh yes, I have always been a Brotherhood nut, so my choices for closing off factions is easy. Although the Minutemen are growing on me, everywhere I go, they hail me as General!

Currently, I'm cleaning out Jamaica Plains, that place is literally SWARMING with feral ghouls of all levels. I'm thankful to have my trusty recon rifle, I try to avoid confrontational combat as often as I can in situations regarding creatures that can give you rad poisoning

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
-potential spoilers-

Ahh yes, I have always been a Brotherhood nut, so my choices for closing off factions is easy. Although the Minutemen are growing on me, everywhere I go, they hail me as General!

Currently, I'm cleaning out Jamaica Plains, that place is literally SWARMING with feral ghouls of all levels. I'm thankful to have my trusty recon rifle, I try to avoid confrontational combat as often as I can in situations regarding creatures that can give you rad poisoning

I keep using the prototype from uni point (student union) which never has to be reloaded.

I'm at the point right now where i'm getting pushed to make a choice so i'm just messing with all the factions.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
Please use spoiler tags for potential spoilers.

I did not read the post as spoilers were warned, but spoiler tag should also be used.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:40:38 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
I've played FO for years and I wasn't aware it had a story. I thought the goal was to collect empty tin cans? Spaz fail  :P

But yeah they generally push you to a finish if you head that way. With so many endings I guess they are limited to the choices for each one.

Yeah this, same reason I have never finished any GTA games either

Offline Mako

• I'm a Regular
« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2015, 11:42:39 PM »
So after playing a fair few more hours, and progressing into the game, I've learned one thing: the Commonwealth is HUGE!

I'll settle in for a session with a list of things to do, and end up getting sidetracked, over-encumbered and left wondering what I'd set out to do in the first place, whilst looking at the clock and realising its 1am. Loving every minute spent in the wasteland though, I haven't taken my power armor off since I got given a set by the Brotherhood

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »
So after playing a fair few more hours, and progressing into the game, I've learned one thing: the Commonwealth is HUGE!

I'll settle in for a session with a list of things to do, and end up getting sidetracked, over-encumbered and left wondering what I'd set out to do in the first place, whilst looking at the clock and realising its 1am. Loving every minute spent in the wasteland though, I haven't taken my power armor off since I got given a set by the Brotherhood

I agree. While the map is actually smaller than fallout 3, there is way more to do in FO4. There is less empty space.

I always wander off towards a specific location until I notice nearby unexplored locals on my compass. Everything must be cleared - 4 hours later I'm still nowhere near my initial intended location.

I have not used power armour since the opening mission though.

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2015, 06:04:04 AM »
I think ive collected 8 or 9 power armor sets, but i just take them back to base and store them as i find them a bit OP and very vlunky in tight spaces.

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »
I am nearly finished Just Cause 3, so I ask the following.
Fallout 4 - PS4 or PC?

PC has mods now (I like the one that makes dogmeat a blue heeler)
PS4 has mods in the future I believe, but is more accessible for gameplay.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2016, 05:36:58 PM »

Fallout 4 - PS4 or PC?

This is a question that should never need asking.. if you can run any fallout or elder scrolls games on a PC then thats your answer.  :up:

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »
I have given this game many chances but just cannot get into it. Don't know what it is but I'm not feeling the love.

Off to trade-in land it goes.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2016, 08:16:47 PM »
I am nearly finished Just Cause 3, so I ask the following.
Fallout 4 - PS4 or PC?

PC has mods now (I like the one that makes dogmeat a blue heeler)
PS4 has mods in the future I believe, but is more accessible for gameplay.

I like to play vanilla first on console as it is more comfortable in my home setup.

If I ever want lots of mods, then I will buy it for $10 in a year or 2 during steam sale.

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »
Maybe you should buy homer's ps4 copy. Win-win

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
Mmmmmmmm I think I've lost my way in FO4. Almost lvl 40 and still haven't been to Diamond City or done any more in the main quest. Wandering fail 😨😱😂

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »

Starting to wonder if i will finish it.

Been quite a few weeks since i played. I am level 56 just due to aimless Deathclaw killin'

Miles away from finishing the story though and it's been sitting on the shelf a while.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2016, 02:40:50 PM »
 :o

I played through all faction endings. It made a lot of sense to me afterwards about my previous post questioning why choices were limited.

Without spoilers: My favourite faction turned out to be the Railroad..

I really HATED the Brotherhood, especially Elder Maxon. I actually rage quit fallout for a few days because of something that happened from my choices during this story line
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 02:43:28 PM by euphoricx »

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »
yeah i'm done with it. gotta trade it in for $$ for UFC2

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2016, 07:04:22 PM »
I'm tossing up if I should just keep doing the side missions and exploring and max out as many perks as I can before going to Diamond City. I've almost reached 10 ( I'm over 10 with add-ons ) on all SPECIAL. I think I just need 1 luck and 1 Charisma. Down side though is I've only activated about 4 perks, 2 of the radiation resistance included. Since no other games coming out are drawing me I might just keep plodding.

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #348 on: February 02, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »
I really HATED the Brotherhood, especially Elder Maxon. I actually rage quit fallout for a few days because of something that happened from my choices during this story line

After I did the initial mission with Danse, I never went back to the police station, largely because Rhys is such a douchebag.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have got to the first milestone of the main quest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, but I'm having more fun wandering around just doing stuff.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2016, 03:11:17 AM »
Season Pass rising to $79.95 AUD due to increased amount of DLC being included

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-16-fallout-4-dlc-revealed-season-pass-price-hike-announced

http://kotaku.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-fallout-4s-dlc-which-1759396375

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional costó the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didnít buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.